Review Positives and Negatives vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The most disheartening beatdown I’ve ever seen. What a strange game.

+ That was the best live ball game we played all year. Defensive structure and tagging their backs absolutely worked a treat, Simmo made a big adjustment since the last Essendon affair. Made Essendon looks miles off the pace.
+ Shep, Gov. Elite.
+ Tom Hickey, what a ripper
+ Cameron’s pressure and first goals
+ Jetta and Duggan used it well
+ Yeo stays beast mode, Sheed more than useful and pulled another great goal from his rear end.
+ In: Rioli, NN, Barrass

- The single most embarrassing game in front of goals I’ve ever seen. A master class in turning a 100 point burial into a 30 point result. Really hope that we don’t look back at this one in a few months as the reason for any ladder position.
- Ryan doing way too much. Simplify mate.
- Torn on Hutch. Did a good taggers job I thought, but really shouldn’t be in the side if he’s tagging half backs full time. He and Masten strike me as the first on the chopping block after today.
- Allen and Petruccelle need a break
- Gov’s trial by media (even though there’s precedent of this being a fine) and the ‘if they get injured it’s a suspension’ policy could claim another victim. Come back Barrass.

Not really sure how to feel. The powerhouse Eagles machine was on display today, we just didn’t put them through the big sticks. That’s good, and fixable, but we desperately need the % too. Hard to be too angry about a game you look about 10x better than your opponents and win, but what a wasted evening at the office this could turn out to be.

+ JCameron’s debut. 7 tackles. 2 goals. Proved me wrong
+ 4 points
+ Dom did what Dom does from Dom’s pocket (because every pocket is his pocket now)
+ Shuey getting up after being flattened by someone twice his size
+ JK ensured that Joe Daniher was playing in spirit through his horrendous goal kicking
+ Scored 100 points even though we only kicked 14 goals
+ 36 scoring shots. Wow.
+ Second home game in a row where I’ve had a vacant seat either side of me, allowing me to sit like a king
+ Schoey had some smoove moves

- 36 scoring shots but only 14 goals. Yikes.
- another win, another chance to pile on % missed
- Allen needs a spell
- Masten didn’t do anything to silence his critics
- Just everything about the forward line tonight
- wouldn’t surprise me if Gov got suspended and Bellendchambers got off
- it’s ******* cold man
- I don’t like Thursday night footy
- that ‘never before seen laser show’ which turned out to be a glorified Toyota advert

+
Schofield had a massive game. Spoiled everything and cut some delicious angles when selling multiple dummies.
Sheed was great accumulating and hitting the scorecard
McGovern had the glue back on his hands and so did Kennedy
Good debut for Cameron
Totally dominated clearances, Hickey was very very good
Yeo, Redden and Shuey tackle numbers are immense
Good pressure and connectivity from Cripps and Ryan

-
That innacuracy
O Allen was off all night
Kennedy needs a new boot sponsor
Darling spraying the ball everywhere
Hutchings, I know he did a hell of a job on Saad but still don't see him as that important
The Gov report, surely can't get done for that. Security guard seat did the damage looks like Gil's security has screwed up again.
Commentators defending Bellchambers, could have snapped Shuey's neck.

Last edited:
Eddie going onnnn and onnnn about wanting to pause the Gov bump on the point of contact (post game analysis). Give it a rest campaigner.

Whoever posted the most consecutive games played list totally set up Gov haha.

JC!!! Awesome little game he put together. Great tackle for the HTB.

Shepp absolutely immense.

Hurn and Yeo back is sahh good fam

Oscie looked amazing. Put him in JDs role, NN to Oscar's role, Jack to have an aspirin and a lie down. Was very poor tonight, including pinching a goal off my boy Yeo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things only:

Sheed- said it before but our best kick for goal - particularly in open play. Deadly.

Hutchings - can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what his role is if he is not going a hard tag? Reckon there is only 4 or 5 teams that require a proper tag in the comp. Bombers are not one of those. Skills poor. Real momentum killer. Surely better options in the ressies?

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two things only:

Sheed- said it before but our best kick for goal - particularly in open play. Deadly.

Hutchings - can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what his role is if he is not going a hard tag? Reckon there is only 4 or 5 teams that require a proper tag in the comp. Bombers are not one of those. Skills poor. Real momentum killer. Surely better options in the ressies?

Disagree he destroyed Saad. Kept him to 12 touches and almost no impact.

Two things only:

HUH? He tagged SAAD out of the game. campaigners like SAAD cut us up usually and he killed us last year.
Tonight he was very ineffective.

Two things only:

Lol I'm all for the argument of him.not playing if no role, but i think young weren't watching hard enough tonight

Fair call. Stand corrected. Was a bit distracted and focused on his errors when he had the footy - which were plentiful. General point probably stands though. Don't think we want to be carrying him throughout. Are there options that offer more?
Lol I'm all for the argument of him.not playing if no role, but i think young weren't watching hard enough tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back