Review Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheed’s worst game for the year

Yes, because the previous three games he has been arguably our best in all three.
Sheed was quiet tonight, because Gaff's return has seen him relegated to a more outside role.
Shame, as I think he is a much better inside player than Gaff and has been wasted the last two games (albeit that he was damaging up forward last week).

That was a very uncomfortable watch. Felt like we were trying to run in quicksand for the whole match and we just weren't able to break free.

Freo were able to dictate the pace of the game and play it on their terms. They showed the way to beat us. Teams that try and out gun us are going to come off second best more often than not but ole Capt Buzzkill Ross just says nah, we'll clip our wings and wallow in the gutter, but we'll clip yours too and you'll be coming with us and if we're close enough at the end after we've strangled the life out of you, we might sneak a win. He is the place where exciting, absorbing footy games go to die.

With our somewhat tall line up and our game plan that requires a high possession, pin point disposal type game, they showed that by dragging us in to the dour, suffocating, shitful tempo that is Ross led, we are vulnerable. They were able to create a lot of pressure with that godawful zone sort of set up where they don't necessarily tackle but they fill space and stifle the more free flowing style of game played by teams like us.

Truly one of the more ugly matches I've seen but I suppose that could be said for just about any game where Ross is at the helm.

A positive is that we were able to grind out the win even though no where near our best. I think we'll learn some good lessons from that match. Another 4 points in the bank and on to next week.

Ok, I’ve calmed down slightly now.

A win is a win is a win!

It’s a long season, we can’t expect the boys to play like princes for 26 straight weeks!

+ We have been dominating it out of the centre all season, today was no different.
+ Rotham, OAllen and Petch. The future looks bright.
+ Darling & Kennedy had poor games, still kicked 3 each.
+ Backline is so in sync.
+ Hurn. Mr Reliable.
+ Can win games when we're not on song. Good teams find a way to win and we did exactly that.

- Mids bombing it forward too often.
- Darling needs to go back to marking it out in front, ala 2018. He's going for chest marks and milking frees again, and that doesn't bode well.
- We don't seem to handle slippery/damp conditions very well. Rd1 and now this game.
- Umps did well to help Freo. Not just the frees they paid but the ones they didn't as well.

With Rotham, I feel we need to find a permanent spot for him in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a very uncomfortable watch. Felt like we were trying to run in quicksand for the whole match and we just weren't able to break free.

Freo were able to dictate the pace of the game and play it on their terms. They showed the way to beat us. Teams that try and out gun us are going to come off second best more often than not but ole Capt Buzzkill Ross just says nah, we'll clip our wings and wallow in the gutter, but we'll clip yours too and you'll be coming with us and if we're close enough at the end after we've strangled the life out of you, we might sneak a win. He is the place where exciting, absorbing footy games go to die.

With our somewhat tall line up and our game plan that requires a high possession, pin point disposal type game, they showed that by dragging us in to the dour, suffocating, shitful tempo that is Ross led, we are vulnerable. They were able to create a lot of pressure with that godawful zone sort of set up where they don't necessarily tackle but they fill space and stifle the more free flowing style of game played by teams like us.

Truly one of the more ugly matches I've seen but I suppose that could be said for just about any game where Ross is at the helm.

A positive is that we were able to grind out the win even though no where near our best. I think we'll learn some good lessons from that match. Another 4 points in the bank and on to next week.

We drop a tall. Execute the switch of play and beat Fremantle by 100 points. Nothing of note was discovered tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without trying to impersonate another poster on this board, I think it's time we said goodbye to masten. Yet another trash game from him.
Hmmm i slag masten with the best of them but he wasnt worst on ground last night by any means

I went to freo to watch this game and thank god we won.

+ we don’t need to fold the club

Yeah not happy with Masten today. He’s officially on thin ice.

Not saying hes been good this year - id love to see someone else in his position - just that he was alright tonight
6 touches to half time for someone who is running along the wings is trash.

Kicks inside 50 were junk.

There were a few instances where if he played on we would have run over the top for a goal and instead he turned around in slow motion and missed the target.

I think I could even hear the crowd booing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back