-

Chris Scott didn't eat a sandwich in the box. Would have been classic

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
It wasnt coralling in the first and it wasnt in the first hal;f against port. Conclusion; it is players mentally
That's why Simmo needs an assistant coach who has a bit of mongrel in them - eg Pyke and Mitchell - as the head coach and assistant can then compliment each other with their different styles of coaching.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
That's why Simmo needs an assistant coach who has a bit of mongrel in them - eg Pyke and Mitchell - as the head coach and assistant can then compliment each other with their different styles of coaching.
I think we also need a forward coach and defense coach with the same characteristics.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I was surprisingly calm during the game.

Like Paul Keatings recession, I think this was the loss we needed to have.

I hope we respond to this.

Paul Keating was a prick who usurped one of the last true lads and larrikins in politics. I'm not even a Labor voter but to be the guy who outs Bob Hawke without an election, meh. My nan called him a prick with ears.

Lets call this the John Hewson GST election loss. Something we need to have to move forward before a period of rapid expansion and a term of dominance by another leader introducing a tax policy that was needed. So lets leave it there and bring in a John Howard period of dominance of 4 successive election victories.

I'd take 4 cups even if it meant losing half our list and head coach to a self indulgent prick like kevin rudd that we have to deal with for a couple of years.

I would say Oscar, and I'd entertain discussions about Yeo, Shuey and maybe Nelson. That'd be about it.

Ryan. We’ve seen Nic give off the “* this, we’re winning today” attitude in the past.

It’s a shame we can pick them out of the lineup though, ideally you’re battling to find the ones who don’t.

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Paul Keating was a prick who usurped one of the last true lads and larrikins in politics. I'm not even a Labor voter but to be the guy who outs Bob Hawke without an election, meh. My nan called him a prick with ears.

Lets call this the John Hewson GST election loss. Something we need to have to move forward before a period of rapid expansion and a term of dominance by another leader introducing a tax policy that was needed. So lets leave it there and bring in a John Howard period of dominance of 4 successive election victories.

I'd take 4 cups even if it meant losing half our list and head coach to a self indulgent prick like kevin rudd that we have to deal with for a couple of years.
Is simmo hewson and clarko Howard in this scenario?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Legitimately serious question:

Does our club employ a tackling coach?

If we don't, why not?

If we do, what the f&%k are they doing!?

Our game plan is around corralling so the opposition kick high over the coraaling player to let Gov, Barrass and co to intercept.

Problem is, decent opposition have worked that out and dont panic kick and use it against us.

Who would have thought? :huh: :think:;)

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The midfield is just so weak and thin. Surely Trew, possibly Edwards have to go in.
Ainsworth, Jones, Langdon, O’Neill, Nelson - totally useless.
Winder could not be worse than Langdon and Jones. Langdon is a shocking recruit. Did they watch this guy play. Even when he occasionally gets the ball he stuffs it up.

Interesting call to say XON useless. Numbers: disposals, contested ball clearances compare pretty well, if not better, than Gaff/Redden/Sheed/Kelly
... on up to 20 mins LESS game time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
And Gaff is useless. That was a complete momentum changer with that pea-hearted limp dick effort of a tackle. A complete team deflator.

I've watched Gaff's game closely the past two weeks and this conclusion should now be widespread; he's a brilliant athlete but an ordinary footballer.

He has a massive engine, maybe one of the best in the comp. However, he doesn't get a lot of contested ball and when he gets the footy, more often than not, he just bombs it forward rather than looking up for a target.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting call to say XON useless. Numbers: disposals, contested ball clearances compare pretty well, if not better, than Gaff/Redden/Sheed/Kelly
... on up to 20 mins LESS game time.

I think people forget how long it took Shuey to his his straps. His early inconsistency frustrated. Also have a look at Parish. Top 10 pick from memory, only found his feet last year.

XON is all about getting games into. Has nothing to do with the current mess - he didn't cause it and he's certainly not going to save us.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
I think people forget how long it took Shuey to his his straps. His early inconsistency frustrated. Also have a look at Parish. Top 10 pick from memory, only found his feet last year.

XON is all about getting games into. Has nothing to do with the current mess - he didn't cause it and he's certainly not going to save us.
Yep definetly worth persisting with...not that we have any options of talent around his age bracket.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast

From my perspective Shuey showed obvious talent in his first games, more so than O’Neil. I am not saying that O’Neill won’t make the grade just that it was evident with Shuey from the start. He was a contender for the Rising Star in his second year, I don’t know whether XON will get a nominaction.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
From my perspective Shuey showed obvious talent in his first games, more so than O’Neil. I am not saying that O’Neill won’t make the grade just that it was evident with Shuey from the start. He was a contender for the Rising Star in his second year, I don’t know whether XON will get a nominaction.
I agree, but he was inconsistent. I also haven't seen anything in XON that gives me great confidence, but we still have to put games in and wait.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree, but he was inconsistent. I also haven't seen anything in XON that gives me great confidence, but we still have to put games in and wait.
I don’t agree with you about inconsistency. He showed he was up to the standard immediately. I don’t remember him playing bad games, he wasn’t Judd standard but who would be? I don’t think he was ever dropped. I agree with you on XON but I haven’t written him off yet.

Last edited:

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
More so that XON. not in the same league

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Yes.
Darcy Parish 99 games to get to his level
XON currently on 9 and a year lost to COVID-19

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Yes.
Darcy Parish 99 games to get to his level
XON currently on 9 and a year lost to COVID-19

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

A couple of times the club comes close to a full blown mea culpa about yesterday’s game but then they just come out with something bizarre like highlighting Jamie Cripps and Andrew Gaff’s games. Thought they were both quite ordinary to be honest.

And it’s now being put together by “our writer”. Has Gary Stocks pulled the pin or just didn’t want his name associated with a performance like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back