Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong, Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Cole got a few runs on the wing late last season (the game before and the st kilda game from memory) and didnt do a lot

Kinda agree though, he's too short to play on talls but to slow to play on medium/small forwards so hes a bit of a liability when there isnt pressure on the ball coming in. Reckon he'd be less exposed playing in the middle/wing or hff

Cole further up the field I like. He certainly has a work rate and loves to apply pressure and tackle. Cole isnt slow but yes some of the light footed small forwards trouble him and a fair few others.

Rather Cole applying pressure than Jones form atm.

Cole further up the field I like. He certainly has a work rate and loves to apply pressure and tackle. Cole isnt slow but yes some of the light footed small forwards trouble him and a fair few others.

Rather Cole applying pressure than Jones form atm.

yeah a bit harsh on him RE his pace. not slow but not quick either

hes got a nice step on him wouldnt mind seeing it used forward of centre.

Question: Why are the Geelong players allowed to compete on the goal line while Duncan is kicking after the siren?
It seems that the only thing that they can do is obstruct our players attempts at touching the ball (which they did with Naitanui).
Why is this allowed? It is so counter-intuitive.

Question: Why are the Geelong players allowed to compete on the goal line while Duncan is kicking after the siren?
It seems that the only thing that they can do is obstruct our players attempts at touching the ball (which they did with Naitanui).
Why is this allowed? It is so counter-intuitive.
Dodgy goal that one. I reckon they went with the emotion of the annihilation and the theatre of a long distance torp goal.

Last edited:
Dodgy goal that one. I reckon they went with the emotion of the annihilation and the theatre of a long distance torp goal.

I'd be fine with it if the on-field call was a goal, as the evidence was VERY inconclusive.

But to overturn it when there was no way to see clear daylight between the ball and hand was nothing short of a disgrace. May as well just scrap the ARC TBH.

I'd be fine with it if the on-field call was a goal, as the evidence was VERY inconclusive.

But to overturn it when there was no way to see clear daylight between the ball and hand was nothing short of a disgrace. May as well just scrap the ARC TBH.
Well, at least it's good to know Vic bias and favouritism is alive and well, where would we be without it! A number of goals in that game were gifts, I know it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, but if you blow it out by 30 pts it looks even worse than it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back