Review Positives and Negatives Vs Geelong round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

+
Nic Nat, Waterman, Ryan
1st Half and last quarter
The fight back
Our weakness of recent years, the midfield stood up against a strong/experienced midfield

-
3rd Quarter
Ryan's injury

The big negative out of the game, aside from the 3rd quarter meltdown, was Mastens absolutely brain fade.

Incorrect decision or not, electing to play on, after taking a mark in the square, when Geelong had started to get a run on and we needed a settler, is damn near unforgivable.

It's easy to say it's not a big deal because we won today, but imagine if he did that in a final, or even worse, a grand final
Venables handball over the top was a brainfade could easily have gone awry.
Masten had 18 disposals 7 marks 4 tackles
Venables had 9 disposals 2 marks and 0 tackles
But drop Masten, I'm all for giving young blokes a go but you have to be realistic.
Yeah he should have gone back and taken his kick, but the review was a shocker and it's not as though numerous players haven't made that blue before.
Masten has slimmed down and is running hard to present and even tackle. Watching Willie Rioli be almost a liability because he cannot run to contests because lets face it he is too fat is a bigger concern to me at the minute.
Watching the game at the ground you see it more .

It’s fallen out of her bra while she washed her hands, into her shirt and somehow worked it’s way past the waistline on skinny leg jeans and fallen down to just above the knee.

Thankfully it didn’t fall out while we walked back to the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bancroft should read this.

I was 100% against Masten in the team round 1 but him on a wing has allowed our midfield to become a bit more versatile. We have been able to have Redden, Venables, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Duggan and even Rioli spend time in there which makes us less predicable than last year.

Watermans link up around the ground was top notch and when he has the ball he is a very good disposer of the ball which will be handy when JK comes back because i want him to play that HHF that pushes right up the ground allowing JK some space.

Sheppard attack on the ball is just first class.

+ Gaff used right boot at least twice. IIRC one kick resulted in a goal and another a pass to a team mate.

Who says he doesn’t have a right foot? Made me wonder if SMitch has been in his ears.

p

I've noticed Sheed has been using his non-preferred right peg a lot more too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear Gaff has made half a dozen right foot kicks this year in 3 games. That would be as many as he has done in his entire career. Definitely been a change in that this year and it is working wonders. Not having to wheel on his left buys him more time decision making.

A club with a midfield as weak as ours (let's not sugar coat it - NicNat papers over a LOT of cracks) - needs Yeo in there 100% of the time.

We have a billion guys who can skulk around the half back line taking intercept marks, so it's entirely unnecessary pushing him back there and weakening our already poor midfield in the process.

I've said it before and I'll say it again #YEOtomidfieldorGTFO

Whilst I agree with the premise (and that a lot is to do with Nic Nat, and even having Lycett back) we have had 60, 58 and 60 inside 50s in the first 3 games, midfield must be going ok!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back