Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Disappointing finish to a strange season. Our best footy was unstoppable, but we went absent for such large stretches of time throughout the year. Very hard to wrap your head around who exactly we were, didn’t really stamp an identity on the season.

Positives from tonight:
+ Loved the fight back. Boys understandably flat to start, but that comeback was terrific. Methodical as always. We’re never out of games even with a slow start, great deal of resilience in this group.
+ Nic Nat is so ******* good. Please just let us have a full season of him next season.
+ Nelson a bit of a whipping boy but thought he held up remarkably well tonight I thought.
+ Hurn responded after some lean weeks.

Negatives from tonight:
- Understandable in a way but still gifted a huge lead early.
- Gov and Barrass were awful. Barrass’ close to the year has been dreadful unfortunately.
- Small forwards nowhere to be seen. Cripps, Petrucelle, Hutchings in a way. Ryan tried his hardest, lifted us majorly in the second term.
- Kennedy struggled throughout. Phase him out by the end of 2020.

Liked elements of Tim Kelly’s game, come home mate. Very intriguing offseason coming up.

Can’t win them all I guess. Go the Lions.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Some genuinely bewildering non-calls that didn't go your way once you guys hit the front.

Also does the blood rule not apply to Joel Selwood?

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We haven’t won a close game this season against top sides we have no hunger:

Richmond
Collingwood
Geelong

Hawks game

Not surprised it’s are we get into a grand final without top 2 even rarer to get anywhere outside top 4

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
- The hoodoo of following up premiership years lives on

+ A lock for 2020
Nope.

Next season is our 3 peat after that it’s a rebuild. Good thing is Richmond is rebuild next year.

Unless they pull a lions dominance with 4 grand finals in a row

Poor effort and exactly what our season has been, any one stands up to us we fall away very meekly.
Front runners of the highest order we are, any resistance to our play we just fold.
Not a surprise result, tough play finals and we are not a tough group.
Just the way it is.
Not a tough group?

Wow-*******-wee.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Poor effort and exactly what our season has been, any one stands up to us we fall away very meekly.
Front runners of the highest order we are, any resistance to our play we just fold.
Just the way it is.

A premiership literally less than 12 months ago disputes this. We wouldn't have come back from 35 points down if we didn't have any resolve.

Swarhily

All Australian
Aug 4, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Just the way it is.

are you forgetting that we won a premiership literally 12 months ago you absolute chimp

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The commentary was especially poor tonight. BT and Bruce lit up like fireworks the minute anything went well for Geelong, while anything we did was met with disappointment. I mean, seriously, it was actually some of he worst I have heard this year.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Reckon we did alright under the circumstances. Clearly rattled at the start. Simmo in the box look like he hadn't slept. To fight back from so far down to take control of the game shows what we're made of, but maybe didn't have enough in the tank to keep going in the last. Realistically, I don't think we'd progress past Richmond next week, and the premiership was lost in round 23.

Rest up, reset, deal with the noise outside the club and hit 2020 fresh and raring to go.

Buggered if I know what to do with my weekends now.

Positives:
- Hurn/Schofield
- Ryan tried.
- Darling tried.

Negatives:
- We didn't turn up til quarter time, put in two quarters worth of effort, then rolled over and licked our own assholes in the last.
- Kennedy: Cooked/Age/Unfit I don't care. Next season, he's either able to contribute weekly or Brander needs to start, we're playing a man down at the moment.
- Hutchings: If he's not taggin a midfielder, he's not in the team.
- Sheed: Learn to tackle you soft campaigner, you're less than useless unless you've got time and space.
- Midfield unit as a whole: Need a shakeup, too complacent, not willing to gut run and do the hard things.
- Rioli: Nice job ******* us over this week with your brain melt. You've potentially cost yourself a career cause you can't stay off the cones for a small period of your life. After all the s**t this club has been through with drugs, I have absolutely zero sympathy for you. You were given a wonderful opportunity to set yourself up for life and all you had to do was pull your head in. The amount of time and effort that's been put into you and this is how you show your thanks? Go and get ****ed your selfish twat.

Back