Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL website is a piece of garbage.

The highlights packages of every game they do are crap. They show the lead up to a goal but if its a mark they dont show the set shot. Very annoying.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Check out Laceout on YouTube.
They do highlights packages of all games.
The eagles game isn’t done yet but check in a couple of hours

Fell over the line against a middle of the road Geelong side without Gaz and Selwood, at home.

Hope you guys make finals. Reckon a finals win is a pass mark for your list.

Allen looks a decent prospect.
Geelong had significant outs, I agree but if you watched the game they played a really high quality game of footy. They wouldn't lose to many if they retain the ball and defend as well as they did last night.

We were down a 4 time AA KPD and a premiership mid ourselves and were a man down on the bench for 3 quarters, so it wasn't all one way traffic on the luck front.

I reckon we'll be OK.

Fell over the line against a middle of the road Geelong side without Gaz and Selwood, at home.

Reckon 9th is a pass for yours, considering the quality of your games this year.

Geelong had significant outs, I agree but if you watched the game they played a really high quality game of footy. They wouldn't lose to many if they retain the ball and defend as well as they did last night.

We were down a 4 time AA KPD and a premiership mid ourselves and were a man down on the bench for 3 quarters, so it wasn't all one way traffic on the luck front.

I reckon we'll be OK.
What premiership mid were you missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falling over the line implies Geelong handed us the win, give some credit to the cats they played well and the game could of gone either way.
A pass mark for the eagles is top 4 and a 2 wins in finals with the list we have.
Allen should of been a top 10 draft pick but he had that leg problem, he'll certainly be a AA in the future. He's not a decent prospect, he's a star.

Positives

We have the best ******* fans in the entire competition. Optus was rocking. My ears are still ringing, you wouldn't have thought it was only half full. I love this team and love being surrounded by the boo.
They were flogging us at our own game in the first half, we switched to a more more old-school, man-on-man style in the second half and suffocated them completely. Bodes well for finals.
The insecure Richmond fan above :straining:

Negatives

Harry Edwards won't remember his first game :(
We will have to hub again at some point :(
The new club song :( Everyone going apeshit then the first verse starts and ...silence :(

Honestly and I’m not ashamed to say, I had a tear or two when JJK marked that ball. Seriously, he is utterly irreplaceable. What he has provided and still is providing to our great club is just immeasurable.
A champion in every sense of the word 😍👍
One of the best things about 2018 is that Kennedy will retire as a Premiership winner. Good Lord he deserves for everything he's done for this club, puts his body and soul into the contest for over a decade, and not done yet.

In the last 2 minutes ball was kicked to JK one on one. He was in a position to go for the mark, BUT, post the 1 on 1 contest, their was 3 Geelong players about to hit the contest for the crumb. Instead he simply one handed the ball to the boundary line. Got players to the bounce down, Sheed got the ball to Cripps, Cripps kicked to JK who took the grab

That bit of play IMO says everything about him. He has football smarts like no other. 99 out of 100 players try to take the grab in that spot but he had the awareness to realise any losing of the contest would see the ball riccochet back into Geelongs forward line as they had numbers everwhere. He took the safest and smartest option first and got the reward for it

No doubt in my mind that post playing days he transitions to a coach. His reading of the play is unlike any other FF in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back