Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:

Ginbey is going to be a gun.
Allen is superb and will be unbelievable in a good team.
Barrass and Duggan tried their heart out.
Luke Edwards is a player.

Negatives:

Going missing again in a quarter at least and not answering goals.
Too many sub standard players who just won’t cut it at this level.
Is Darling out of form or almost done?

This is going to come off as flippant but it is a genuine question.

Honestly…what do you expect to happen? Not what do you want to happen, what do you expect to happen nine weekends out of ten with this team?

They’re pretty much goods as advertised at the moment. Willing them to be something else and feeling things when it doesn’t happen is largely self imposed at this point.
I go to the game with no expectations, I know what's going to happen, I'm mentally prepared, but when it happens I still get the shits. I just can't extinguish that faint glimmer of hope, and really what would we be without hope? Fukn hopeless.

I go to the game with no expectations, I know what's going to happen, I'm mentally prepared, but when it happens I still get the shits. I just can't extinguish that faint glimmer of hope, and really what would we be without hope? Fukn hopeless.
If you don’t go to the game with that faint glimmer of hope, it’s not worth going to the game anymore.

Positives:: Waterman 90% game time 6 disposals at 50% efficiency… goalless for the past 3 games…. Come at me cheer squad

Bailey Williams - best young ruckman in the league…. Can’t mark, chase, move, tackle.hit out to advantage…. Plenty of upside….

Negatives: people still will stick up for these jokers.
Wow couple of real hot takes here.

Third tall struggles in a game where his team had 31 inside 50s.

Young ruck struggles against the best tap ruck in the league that just beat Gawn and Grundy last week.

You’re a real genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said right before the GWS game that we wont win a game after until the Hawks game had we lost it. Reckon the hawks are playing a season long tank game for Harley Reid, we're destined for second last again in another awful year. Put the house on us to win next week.
They will have to find mysterious reasons why about six of their best players can’t play, or literally go at half pace and fudge passes and shots on goal.

And darlings replacement is ?

That forward form the pre season draft?
I mean does it actually matter? Just shuffling deck chairs on the titanic at the moment. Whether he plays or not isn't going to make any difference to our season.
But I reckon there's a pretty good chance he's out for a chunk of the season with a broken arm that we managed to make worse by sending him back out there in a meaningless game, in a meaningless season, that was already well and truly over by half time

Negatives - I sat through that entire game siren to siren.

Positive - another game closer to the end of the season and the departure of XON, Clark, Foley, Petruccelle, Jamieson and even West (who was serviceable tonight; I even gave him a vote, but long term projects as just a good WAFL player).

I don’t care for the fact that Jamieson is still contracted for next year. Pay him out his “minimum chips” contract I’m assuming he’s on a la Zac Langdon.

• OSCAR the great man Allen keeps the multiple goals streak alive.
  • Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• Ginbey, Hough, LEdwards, HEdwards, CJamieson got another game.
  • the farewell games of a few premiership greats got another game closer
  • Harley Reid beckons
+patches of adequate pressure and application of game plan
  • Well we got pummeled again
  • well more players that have no obvious understudy got injured.
  • watching auditions with a development mindset is pretty unpleasant experience at times
-predicting players that will be around for the next flag tilt is quite hard at the moment but I reckon there's definitely a few that are already there.

Last edited:
I said right before the GWS game that we wont win a game after until the Hawks game had we lost it. Reckon the hawks are playing a season long tank game for Harley Reid, we're destined for second last again in another awful year. Put the house on us to win next week.
Even if Hawthorn try and tank next week they will still win by 5 goals, we are hanging on for the bye ala 2022. If the match was in August then it would be interesting.

Next week is going to push Hawthorn's tanking abilities to the absolute limit.

We're going to see such a rich tapestry of failure that it will be sung about for generations.
Anyone with a bruise, paper cut, or broken nail should be put on the injury list. Anyone who sneezes or coughs during the week should be deemed a covid risk and left at home.

It displayed all the hallmarks of a radial fracture.

Club just gets him to wear a plate over it and carry on, despite being clearly in pain and barely able to move it.

In a match where the result was already decided, it is arguably a new low from the S&C team.

The risks of significant and possibly permanent injury going back out there under such circumstances cannot be understated.
Its also a new high for JD's willingness to support his mates. Dr's advise real people make decisions. I am looking at major orthopeadic surgury - its my decision as to what and when.

In its purest form you position is one that puts a line through the 2018 Premiership, its a tough world.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back