Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Took one look in the gameday thread and I have something to say:

You blokes winging can't possibly be so mentally weak as to lose your s**t over a meaningless game during a season where we will most likely win the spoon, right?

In fact, it's better for us to win the spoon than not, so a % loss here is what we needed to overtake Hawthorn, because this year returns either Harley Reid, or a King's ransom.

Get yoru s**t together men(and ladies).
Unfortunately some of our supporters know no other way except Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Negative: I bailed out at half time

Positive: I bailed out at haf time.

I've remained positive all year and no pots shots anywhere. I felt I was on the tipping edge with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd.

I chose to keep my sanity and positivety.

It displayed all the hallmarks of a radial fracture.

Club just gets him to wear a plate over it and carry on, despite being clearly in pain and barely able to move it.

In a match where the result was already decided, it is arguably a new low from the S&C team.

The risks of significant and possibly permanent injury going back out there under such circumstances cannot be understated.
In defence of our medicos I could see Darling demanding to play on to save some of his tarnished reputation.

on one hand I can’t stomach these last two weeks but also on one hand I understand that after weeks of being undermanned and fighting really hard, the dam wall had to be broken sooner rather than. Don’t think we will have anymore game like the ones prior to the Blues games till the bye.

It’s not the kids and it’s clearly not the WAFL quality players that bother me but rather the seniors that are playing like crap or pick and chose when to be good. TB’s regression really hurts as he took a step forward to be elite last season and now has underdone all that. Sheed/Dugganmight not be A grade material but you expect from them to be consistent and reliable on a weekly basis. TK has been good but he also have very hot and very cold moments each game. Well Gaff and Darling are now cooked.
I'm pretty sure TB is another one playing injured. Watching him at the Carlton game, he struggled to accelerate after being stationary and was always very ginger after doing so. I remember someone reporting something that implied a leg injury early in the season at training (or maybe it was late preaseason).

It makes you shudder to think we have 18 on our injury list plus another 2 or 3 playing injured. We really have dug a massive hole for ourselves.

GC are a good team well coached. They would likely have beaten us at full strength. Hubris runs strong on here.
Our list is critically depleated of pace and skill.
We lack good talls in defence, forward and critically in the ruck. We are undersized.
We may be over rating our 22 and 21 draftees. I hope not.
Many of our regulars try and get by but they are not real AFL quality - they can do no more.
Weirrd things, XON looked ok midfield relatively but he is WAFL only. West was one of our better forwards and Rotham defend ed better than Barrass. Neither are part of our future.
I would make Kelly Captain.
It will be a long year but a fruitful draft - we musy not trade down as its class we lack.

If Barrass isnt part of our future who is. He's 27.

Im actually getting a litttle annoyed with Barrass. Ive heard he is a relaxed character. He often has a poor effort and body language opposed to others in the leadership group.

At some stage we should switch him forward just to experiment.

Thats the ability to not jump to conclusions without evidence. JD also has a say.

He could barely move. The only equipment I required to gather evidence was eyesight, not x-ray vision

JDs say is 100% irrelevant. If thats the case we may as well just let every concussed player run back on. After he has a say. Sometimes the medicos should have some common sense and overrule a player. If they cant and or are took weak to do so, they shouldnt receive a pay cheque. They can pay me 1/10th of the amount of those plebs to provide the same qualifications

"Yeah looks broken but ah well, s**t happens. Get him back out there"

A quote from Dantes Inferno could be Simmos famous last words...?

"Through me is the way to the city of woe.
Through me is the way to sorrow eternal.
Through me is the way to the lost below.
Through me you enter into eternal pain,
Through me you enter the population of loss.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here..."

In Monty Pythons words "Cheer up, musn't grumble"...
There's always next week!? 😂😂😂

Positives
  • Duggan & Witherden earnt their match payment
  • Allen's streak is still alive
  • Harry Edwards wasn't terrible, we need talls that can play
  • L Edwards showed some glimpses
  • West and Clark showed up some highly paid teammates
  • I feel asleep and missed most of the last quarter

Negatives
  • Gold Coast aren't even a top 10 team. We were being pansted by young players with not that much experience. It is getting harder to watch.
  • Aside from everything else, those run down holding the balls against us were embarrassing.

Random thought
Is the fact the Ginbey is getting so many tackles because he is following his opponent to the ball? Can't recall many of them earning him a free kick. Not a bad way to learn where to run, but at some point, you'll need to start trying to beat your opponent. Not a knock on him, just an observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis could get big tackle numbers as well as 30+ possies.

If Ginbey starts getting 20+ touches and 10+ tackles he'll be insanely good.

*Just looked up Priddis had 19 disp and 5 tackles 1st game

12th AFL game, 39 possies and 10 tackles v Roos

Ginbey tracking well and probably better disposer.

Probably same work ethic.

He'll be a gun for years especially when he gets help in there

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Positives:
One less game left in the season.
Darling finally gets some needed time off, irrespective of the MC and coaching staff being oblivious to Jack clearly carrying injury. Hopefully he can shake his other issues while his arm mends
Ginbey showing he can physically match it with one of the best young bulls in the comp
Oscar is an amazing player

Negatives:
Watching the boys work so hard for absolutely anything good to happen and butchering it with basic skill execution errors. Missed handballs, fluffed kicks, dropped marks. Seeing the heads start to drop and knowing we are about to start getting belted again.
Our continued lack of on field leadership. Why did we capitulate in the second quarter but then were able to reset at the half and lift our intensity, at least for a while?
Kinda lost my s**t watching our medical guys keeping Darling out the and took it out on Bender_ Duggan. Not his fault he was the "silver lining" to last night's debacle. I still can't overstate how far off we are if that guy is our best player in a game. He is a serviceable medium defender, not the messiah. We are going to be down for a long, long time as we need so much more talent on every line and that is a bitter pill.

This is "this is the darkest timeline" for our Eags. A culmination of bad strategies (on and off field), bad luck, bad recruitment, bad development, bad medical support etc that is steadily eroding everything the club once stood for. It's baffling to watch the train slowly sliding off the tracks and nothing is seemingly able to be done to arrest this slide.

Positives:
One less game left in the season.
Darling finally gets some needed time off, irrespective of the MC and coaching staff being oblivious to Jack clearly carrying injury. Hopefully he can shake his other issues while his arm mends
Ginbey showing he can physically match it with one of the best young bulls in the comp
Oscar is an amazing player

Negatives:
Watching the boys work so hard for absolutely anything good to happen and butchering it with basic skill execution errors. Missed handballs, fluffed kicks, dropped marks. Seeing the heads start to drop and knowing we are about to start getting belted again.
Our continued lack of on field leadership. Why did we capitulate in the second quarter but then were able to reset at the half and lift our intensity, at least for a while?
Kinda lost my s**t watching our medical guys keeping Darling out the and took it out on Bender_ Duggan. Not his fault he was the "silver lining" to last night's debacle. I still can't overstate how far off we are if that guy is our best player in a game. He is a serviceable medium defender, not the messiah. We are going to be down for a long, long time as we need so much more talent on every line and that is a bitter pill.

This is "this is the darkest timeline" for our Eags. A culmination of bad strategies (on and off field), bad luck, bad recruitment, bad development, bad medical support etc that is steadily eroding everything the club once stood for. It's baffling to watch the train slowly sliding off the tracks and nothing is seemingly able to be done to arrest this slide.

We're all hurting.

Episode 17 Crying GIF by One Chicago

A quote from Dantes Inferno could be Simmos famous last words...?

"Through me is the way to the city of woe.
Through me is the way to sorrow eternal.
Through me is the way to the lost below.
Through me you enter into eternal pain,
Through me you enter the population of loss.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here..."

In Monty Pythons words "Cheer up, musn't grumble"...
There's always next week!? 😂😂😂

You missed the most important one:

"Long and hard is the path out of hell that leads into the light."

Last edited:
Life is all about managing expectations.

What else do people expect when we've got most of our salary cap sitting in the stands? Getting games into blokes that wouldn't normally be getting them is the biggest positive.

Rotham, West, Clark & Withedern all played their best games for the year last night, there's another positive.

First off it was bizarre to see Darling out on the field for as long as he was, when he couldn’t lift his arm, take a mark or tackle an opponent. With our injury history I’m not sure why he is out there with a potentially broken arm. Crazy

Positives was watching Ginbey tackle. Needs to be a bit more focused on the ball but it was good to see him rack up a bunch of tackles. At one stage I remember seeing him with 8d and 12
Tackles lol. I hope he watched Rowell closely as I hope that’s the type of player he could turn into. Maybe not as high ceiling but they looked similar matched up on each other.

Kelly and Duggan were good. Allan kept his multiple goal streak going. Good to see Hough out there and Luke Edwards provided a spark when he came on.

Negative is we just aren’t competitive when a team decides to turn it on. If it’s a scrap we’re ok but as soon as a team lifts it’s play we’re just not good enough to go with them. Just don’t have the players to match teams.

If Barrass isnt part of our future who is. He's 27.

Im actually getting a litttle annoyed with Barrass. Ive heard he is a relaxed character. He often has a poor effort and body language opposed to others in the leadership group.

At some stage we should switch him forward just to experiment.
XON and Rotham I was refering to. I pondered time to correct for clarity last night but wasnt particularly in the mood. Regardless Barrass will not be in our next peremiership - a hint to list managers. Harry is far too slow but contests well.

Good game by Duggan, would have to be tracking pretty well in our B&F so far.

Too many negatives to mention but what an absolute trash performance from one of our senior midfielders in Sheed. Zero intensity, coughed it up all night, useless under any pressure. We desperately need leadership at the moment and he is giving us none

Remove this Banner Ad

Back