Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting games into blokes that wouldn't normally be getting them is the biggest positive.

Rotham, West, Clark & Withedern all played their best games for the year last night, there's another positive.

I'd rather be getting games into players that might actually be part of our future... y'know, Hewett, Barnett, Long, Bazzo.... the draftees with talent who are dead?

I really don't care about non AFL standard delist fodder having a purple patch.

Tip of the cap to them for having a crack, Clark especially.... but I want them all gone off this list asap.

I'd rather be getting games into players that might actually be part of our future... y'know, Hewett, Barnett, Long, Bazzo.... the draftees with talent who are dead?

Tip of the cap to them for having a crack, Clark especially.... but I want them all gone off this list asap.

Some of them might be around as a stop gap if we encourage the likes of Shuey to call it a day.

What's your list transition profile look like at the end of this season and how many picks do we use in the draft?

Positive: We're in a similar position as Melbourne rebuilding in 2015, just with significantly worse S+C and ruck stocks, but better KPF and KPD talent.

Negative: how are we supposed to develop the midfield talent we so sorely need with a non AFL standard ruck.

Negative: how are we supposed to develop the midfield talent we so sorely need with a non AFL standard ruck.
What do you think happened with NicNat? Gave silver service and as soon as it was taken away, the midfield couldn't win their own ball. I don't mind Ginbey, Hewitt etc doing it tough.

What do you think happened with NicNat? Gave silver service and as soon as it was taken away, the midfield couldn't win their own ball. I don't mind Ginbey, Hewitt etc doing it tough.
The loss of NicNat only compounded the flaws in our game style prior to 2023, as we were coached and had recruited to be keepies off rather than contested.
Just don't want the rebuild to fail like Melbourne in 2008/09 prior to the Suns and GWS coming onto the scene, as well be screwed for 10 years otherwise.

Tip of the cap to them for having a crack, Clark especially.... but I want them all off the list asap
The team is genuinely having a crack I agree but gold coast showed the difference when you have a crack with talent .

Barnett tho isn't even competitive at Wafl yet . Being in the Afl side would be counter-productive at his stage of development .

Ah yes, who could ever forget the second half of 2018, where we lost Nic Nat and the midfield was rendered completely incapable of winning their own ball.

The loss of NicNat only compounded the flaws in our game style prior to 2023, as we were coached and had recruited to be keepies off rather than contested.
Just don't want the rebuild to fail like Melbourne in 2008/09 prior to the Suns and GWS coming onto the scene, as well be screwed for 10 years otherwise.
Yes - because we had players who had silver service, and when we took that silver service away they couldn't win the ball.

I'd prefer we have midfielders who can win the ball no matter who wins the tap.

Yes - because we had players who had silver service, and when we took that silver service away they couldn't win the ball.

Centre clearances are more important than centre hitouts. Remember Sandilands getting ridiculous H/O numbers but Dockers losing centre clearances.

Negative: I bailed out at half time

Positive: I bailed out at haf time.

I've remained positive all year and no pots shots anywhere. I felt I was on the tipping edge with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd.

I chose to keep my sanity and positivety.
Priddis is done, is done.

If Barrass isnt part of our future who is. He's 27.

Im actually getting a litttle annoyed with Barrass. Ive heard he is a relaxed character. He often has a poor effort and body language opposed to others in the leadership group.

At some stage we should switch him forward just to experiment.
R.I.P. Obeanie1, one mega trade too many tipped him over the cliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quote from Dantes Inferno could be Simmos famous last words...?

"Through me is the way to the city of woe.
Through me is the way to sorrow eternal.
Through me is the way to the lost below.
Through me you enter into eternal pain,
Through me you enter the population of loss.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here..."

In Monty Pythons words "Cheer up, musn't grumble"...
There's always next week!? 😂😂😂
That's The Divine Comedy, you uncultured pleb.

That's the dream, but when GCS win clearance after clearance at will and TK can't even anticipate which zone its going to what chance will our developing kids have, unless they come in ready-made like an Oliver or Judd. We need to pick up a journeyman ruckman at least.

That's the dream, but when GCS win clearance after clearance at will and TK can't even anticipate which zone its going to what chance will our developing kids have, unless they come in ready-made like an Oliver or Judd. We need to pick up a journeyman ruckman at least.
TK can't do because he can't do it. He's a rolls royce in a top 4 team, flakey as luck in an average team.

We need some elite mids who can get the ball regardless. Like you said - Oliver types. Guess what? Those players generally sit at the top of the draft.

We don't need a ruckman right now. We need elite midfielders and the only place we're going to get them from is the draft.

Wow, bit of an abusive over-reaction don't you think?
It was posted as a loosely referenced joke.
Inferno is a part of Dante's Divine Comedy.
Lighten up you pompous jerk.
It was meant to be a joke...

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

well he is average but one of our better players
Na, he was below average.
Up and under 20 m kicks, complete lack of awareness what is going on around him multiple times. Slow as the 23 season.
No idea how he got on our list.
You could pick another dozen players from the wafl who could provide as little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back