Autopsy Positives and Negatives Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah he honestly didn't even realise Kennedy was there - there was no 'this could hurt but I'm hitting that contest!', he was literally blind sided.

What I do respect is coming back on with so little to go in the match and making a impact, great stuff.

But let's not pretend it was some kind of consciously putting his body on the line moment.
Do you have to be putting your body on the line to be courageous?

I think we take for granted a bit too much when players guard space in front of the big blokes. I know I always used to hear the footsteps and imagine a big knee coming closer and closer towards me. :p

Sort of like Wirra in the '06 GF. Imagine camping 20m in front of Barry Hall!

Do you have to be putting your body on the line to be courageous?

I think we take for granted a bit too much when players guard space in front of the big blokes. I know I always used to hear the footsteps and imagine a big knee coming closer and closer towards me. :p

Sort of like Wirra in the '06 GF. Imagine camping 20m in front of Barry Hall!

Fair enough but that wasn't Kelly's intention in that instance. He said it himself, he didn't see him.

I do know what you mean though, guys like Beau Waters, camped in No Man's Land. Takes guts.

No. It wasn't 'courage'.

Seriously, watch it again. He had no idea. He was out of position and didn't read the play well. Got cleaned up. Lacking awareness is not courage.

Load of crap.
Came back on, set up one and kicked another. That's courage.

Intent was good. More tackling less corralling (remember this next season!!)
Wasted opportunities in the 3rd hurt us.
JK champ
Defense very good
Parto improving each week
Beaten by a better team in the end but made them earn it

At least we are not a basket case like freo..4 year rebuild lol

Yeah, righto.

Bloke ran into the space in front of one of the best key forwards in the game. Takes courage if you ask me.
No mate.

He was completely unaware of what was happening.

I like Kelly, but he NFI what was happening at that particular moment.

No mate.

He was completely unaware of what was happening.

I like Kelly, but he NFI what was happening at that particular moment.
As I said above mate, that doesn't discount a certain amount of courage from being evident. Anyway. PERTH WON.

we had a few passengers that need moving on, but the level of effort was good even if we ran out of legs,
If the same effort was shown every week we would finish in the top four not the bottom 8.
I hope the players are hurting, it is self inflicted.

I cant wait for Willie Rioli to play at AFL level. The Eagles have not had a "pure crumbing small forward" since Phil Matera.

The Eagles NEED a spark up forward, at the moment its very dull with Kennedy the only shining light and Darlingnajd LeCras chip in on occasions.

Teams who have that pure small crumbing forward can really excel as they create opportunities out of nothing. But these type of players are hard to come by because these players simply "have it" skill wise and instinct wise and they are what i call "one touch players"....they dont need a lot of the ball to create something out of nothing.

Jesus Christ if you were our list manager other supporters would accuse us of tanking and they'd be completely right. Who are we going to replace those 10 players with in one off-season?

Ridiculous post.

To my knowledge, questionable as it may or may not be, no team has ever delisted 10 players in one off-season.

However, what I actually said was, "players in the gun".

While I would not be averse to a mass cull, in all reality I don't think it's possible, or sustainable, to actually delist 10 players in one foul swoop. Nonetheless, all of those players I listed, imo, should come under serious scrutiny, for one reason or another. So I stand by my post.

Out of interest, of the players I listed, which do you have an issue with being put under the microscope? Do you think there needs to be some changes in the off-season? If so, what are they?

As for it being "ridiculous", I think when you said something to the effect of, "If the MC doesn't make some changes next week, I'll start supporting Freo", that was a bit ridiculous. That was you, right?

Alright so not overall too bad but here goes

Redden - Gold star, helps in defence, is not too slow at all, has hit up some really really good kicks recently and looks to dispose forwards when in space, but knows when he's hot.

Kennedy - We'd have got smashed without him.

Cripps - Can't pick up a football, can't kick a football, makes stupid decisions and doesn't offer us much at all this year.

Shep - Awesome game, was so happy to see him basically fighting Wilson, was like he was inspired to rebound himself, he pushed up really far at times, he's generally a lovely kick and he is fast as well, was an excellent way to keep their dangerous forwards honest and I suspect a coaching instruction. Would love to see it more as Schofield can no longer rebound, Duggan, Shep and Yeo all can rebound well.

Yeo - Best on Ground easily, it's not the stats, it's what he did and how he did it. He was closing in on spoils, ripping the ball from contests and willing himself forward, he was clean, superb game and the best we've seen in ages. Green's goals were a little lucky and nothing against Yeo at all.

Shuey - Crab game, used to be Mr. Reliable by either foot, as well as with both hands, now his handballs are missing targets or he's just making stupid decisions, haven't seen that burst speed in a long time either.

Hill - Gone surely, some very weak efforts followed by some fumbles and then come redemption time he stuffs up again.

Jetta - Had some very soft moments. Just waiting for other players to get the ball, expecting them to run into him and accept a tackle but they just got rid of it or ran away.

Also Darling was double teamed. It was frustrating to see how both Kennedy and Darling seamed to be double teamed but it also had a lot to do with our s**t ball movement and kicking to the 2 on 1 for no reason. Or in Hutchings case just giving GWS the ball.

Darling has been good though so I will allow him the bad game, not giving the same leniency to Hill or Cripps though.

Darling always gets ripped in losses like these. He works for front position but at 191cm can't be expected to take pack marks all day. Duggan hit him lace out once that I saw but that was it. The Duck wouldn't be able to take a grab with the way the our shitty midfield group transition the ball inside 50. JK just makes the mids/us look way better than we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta, where do we play him? I think next year he should be playing off the half back line a la Peter Matera.

Disappointing game today, we came to play and basic mistakes, a few players down cost us the game. We are an inconsistent side and deserve to be where we are on the ladder.

Big loss for us next week, at least it will be the last game of the year for us and we can put this season behind us and forget it.

* me lads. I was going for ya because who the * likes to see those tossers win and seriously Gaff was just the shittest. For a guy that supposed to provide outside run he moves slower than my grandmother who is 6ft under. I was rooting for you all the way but Gaffs weak attempts at a tackles were softer than a wet paper bag, just depressing

Trade him to carlton or someone who thinks he might be good.

Note: Kelly wasnt courageous at all. JK cleaned his ass because he was in the way.

Edit: had to add in "wet" to gaffs efforts

I agree, give Lamb a go next week, it wont hurt us, we have no chance beating Adelaide on the rebound.

To my knowledge, questionable as it may or may not be, no team has ever delisted 10 players in one off-season.

However, what I actually said was, "players in the gun".

While I would not be averse to a mass cull, in all reality I don't think it's possible, or sustainable, to actually delist 10 players in one foul swoop. Nonetheless, all of those players I listed, imo, should come under serious scrutiny, for one reason or another. So I stand by my post.

Out of interest, of the players I listed, which do you have an issue with being put under the microscope? Do you think there needs to be some changes in the off-season? If so, what are they?

As for it being "ridiculous", I think when you said something to the effect of, "If the MC doesn't make some changes next week, I'll start supporting Freo", that was a bit ridiculous. That was you, right?

Yeah, they will be under the pump, but you're advocating all of them to be cut. There is no way that will happen, nor should it happen. It's a ridiculous post.

The Freo comment was obviously said in jest to farm some likes, Christ almighty. Nothing the club does would make me support our rivals. Maybe I should put joke tags when appropriate if you remember these kind of comments months down the track and bring it up in an attempt to undermine my point.

Yeah, they will be under the pump, but you're advocating all of them to be cut. There is no way that will happen, nor should it happen. It's a ridiculous post.

The Freo comment was obviously said in jest to farm some likes, Christ almighty. Nothing the club does would make me support our rivals. Maybe I should put joke tags when appropriate if you remember these kind of comments months down the track and bring it up in an attempt to undermine my point.
WHAT?!

And you questioned me for liking Fremantle when you're the same?

No. I clearly said, "in the gun". At no point did I say, "hurr durr, delist 10 players" and if that was at all possible, it would be a mixture of retirements, delistings and trades.

Meanwhile, you haven't addressed any of the points in my response to you.

Typical passive/aggressive bs from you.

Also, the "Freo comment" was not a few months ago and it damn well not was in jest. You are a flog.

Yeah, righto.

Bloke ran into the space in front of one of the best key forwards in the game. Takes courage if you ask me.
Dickhead was ball watching like a ******* puppy dog in a pet store. Then BAM!

What is your problem with me twotooto?

I cannot remember any interaction with you in the past, if all it takes to set you off is for me to dispute a post calling for 10 players' heads on a stake then whatever, it's a free country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back