Autopsy Positives and Negatives Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I have seen Darling lay some good tackles - perhaps not lately though but he is capable of it. It's just that the team as a whole now play this stupid corralling type game they obviously have been instructed to play!
Mcgovern is a much better mark than darling but im not sure ive ever seen him lay a tackle.Vardy rarely chases or tackles.We have to be wary of filling up with players who dont work hard.

I reckon all 6 games have come in the second half of this year though.

There's plenty to work with there and he was a valuable member of the side in his mid season burst. I have faith he can replicate it next year.
He obviously suffers from calf muscle injuries which can be a bummer to get on top of but he needs to work on this big time in the off season, presuming he stays on the list?

Junior Gov is quite overrated. He isn't a KPP at 191cm. More a tweener like Darling. Goes at around 1.5 goals a game being the 3rd or 4th string forward. The talk of him is similar to the Lobb talk last year. A lot of hype.

I dont understand either why when our major deficiency is our midfield people want to trade in forwards.
I'm sure it's possible to do both, and yes I agree that our midfield is our priority. We desperately need some speed and also somebody with a bit of mongrel! However if a deal can get done would not say no to the Gov Jnr, as we need to plan for the future.

I've said this a few times and i i'll say it again. We play our best footy when Gaff and Shuey are fit and firing. Both are struggling this season and we are a basket case atm. Gaff looks to be lumbering and him shirking at contests tell me that he has something. Unlike Masten, Gaff goes when its his turn and i have seen many times his gone in and got smashed and does it again. Im not against trading him for a good mid or a very high pick but us fans a re extremly harsh on him and have been harsh on him purely because he is an outside player and in a period where we get smashed in contested footy, he sticks out like a saw thumb.

Gaffs not worthing losing for an undersized KPF thats playing as the 4th dangerous forward in the best team in the comp. Any talented forward in Gov jr's form will stick out like a saw thumb. We lose Gaff and we have no genuine outside mid, while Gov jr is surplus to our demand. I'd keep Gaff but get in a good midfield mentor for him. Brady Rawlings played a huge role in Gaff breaking out in 2015 but he has gone down since rawlings moved into list managment. Hopefully mitchell can help him find his footskills and overall become a smarter mid.

I didn't watch the game.

Should I watch the replay? Is it too painful? How did Partington go?
Best game imo. he was clean overall (no missing handpasses from 2m away) and did some really nice work in congestion while GWS applied serious heat. Derm and the other commentators really liked his game. Derm didn't go full on skinner on him but him mentioning parto a handful of times says something.

I'd seriously develop him into a wingmen. Has decent pace but most importantly knows where the goals are. I see him in the hard running typw winger like a gaff rather than a burst wingmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back