Review Positives and Negatives vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Im so constructive that Josh Smith will play his former club and get a run with role this week as hes our best runner and Masten isnt anymore.

You lot are a rose coloured glasses parade. Masten was terrible last night with the ball especially in the 1st half when the game was hot. We cannot afford that against good sides. Get someone else in his role who then will get the ball as much as they are in that role. Its not rocket science. We have the depth and the players now to achieve it. Sheed has locked up a role, Gaff is back. Venables needs to come up to the midfield more. Smith is our best runner. We got him for a reason now lets use him. He was good for what time he had. We need to stop rewarding mediocrity. His time is up. It maybe worth sticking a couple bucks on him for the Sandover..

They know they can trust Hurn and Jetta to hit a 65m chisel onto their tit. Unbelievable advantage this new rule gives us to be able to take the ball from a behind kick into the centre circle in seconds.
Good point, was mentioned by the commentators also...have wondered why Hurn hasn't used his long bomb much since the Woosha days really? Remember when someone around the 50m arc, taking a kick on goal, would often hand it off to a passing Hurn, almost a set play. Since Simmo, there have been very little big bombs by Hurn, a discipline thing maybe. But it's such a weapon, especially for driving up the centre and gaining ground with the 6-6-6.

You lot are a rose coloured glasses parade. 200 game Premiership player Jubliant Masto was terrible last night with the ball especially in the 1st half when the game was hot. We cannot afford that against good sides. Get someone else in his role who then will get the ball as much as they are in that role. Its not rocket science. We have the depth and the players now to achieve it. Sheed has locked up a role, Gaff is back. Venables needs to come up to the midfield more. Smith is our best runner. We got him for a reason now lets use him. He was good for what time he had. We need to stop rewarding mediocrity. His time is up. It maybe worth sticking a couple bucks on him for the Sandover..

Plz address him by his full name '200 game Premiership player Jubliant Masto'. I fixed the post for you.

Smiths game was fairly average. He was non existent for the first half having the lowest disposals of everyone bar some KPP players. He padded out his stats at the end of the game including a goal. He didn't lay a tackle, had only 2 contested possessions, no i50s, no clearances etc. I'm not having a go being his first game with us but to say he was better than Masten is stupid.

Just go away already.

No one likes you.
I kinda like his persistence, right or wrong, a man of convictions.
Still not sure what coloured glasses he's wearing, definitely not Rose?
I have my question marks on the 'Player Named M', but believe in natural selection i.e-
it will happen organically when the time is right according to the coaches and selectors. His turnovers are frustrating, but he does other 'good stuff' to counteract that, apart from his cliched running.
But I don't wish to enter another M slang-fest? :rolleyes:
And neither do I wish to stimulate this topic further.

Last edited:
Masten could kick it directly to an opposition teams FF 10 times and the fanbois in here would still cry "he should not be dropped"!

Smith has the tank to be a run with role player. With the luxury of having Cassius Gaff back lets put Smith in Mastens role and see what we get. We are playing his old side. Make it happen. Smith to Sidebottom on the wing. Hutch to Beams.

R.I.P Gary Sidebottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten could kick it directly to an opposition teams FF 10 times and the fanbois in here would still cry "he should not be dropped"!

I don't have a problem with the suggestion of dropping him. There's a fair argument to be made that he's in our bottom five or six players in most weeks.

What I do have a problem with is the half-baked, disconnected-from-reality, oxygen-thieving dogmatic garbage that certain posters insist upon. It's sad for them and boring for us.

Yeah I sort of like Hungry Tigers perspective. I like Masten too but I think it’s always wise to have one eye on the older guys in your team and the other on the young guns who may replace them

Yeah I sort of like Hungry Tigers perspective. I like Masten too but I think it’s always wise to have one eye on the older guys in your team and the other on the young guns who may replace them

I don't have a problem with the suggestion of dropping him. There's a fair argument to be made that he's in our bottom five or six players in most weeks.

What I do have a problem with is the half-baked, disconnected-from-reality, oxygen-thieving dogmatic garbage that certain posters insist upon. It's sad for them and boring for us.

This sums up his 'perspective', though.

Yeah I sort of like Hungry Tigers perspective.
The issue isn't with the perspective, it's with the monotony and frequency of it that's infuriating and disrupts many threads on here.

Ignoring isn't really an option as it'll just lead to a confusing muddle of responses.

Something that probably requires, I don't know, moderation.

Something that probably requires, I don't know, moderation.

He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong it MAY be, let's not become the Freo board please.

Additionally it's much funnier seeing other posters telling him to shut up.

He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong it MAY be, let's not become the Freo board please.

Additionally it's much funnier seeing other posters telling him to shut up.
The issue isn't with the perspective, it's with the monotony and frequency of it that's infuriating and disrupts many threads on here.

Biggest positives for me, discarding the players themselves,

We got our possession style game back, the longer the game went on.

Opposition played us into form, the longer the game went on.

The kick from behind to the centre and marking it every time, had overtones to things to come late in the year.

That last passage of play, chipping it around 20 + times with a goal, was a team in the zone, in ultimate control of its destiny, with massive overtones of things to come late in the year.

On the Main Board, regarding O Allen, "it is simply unfair the quality and quantity of KP players the Eagles have".

Let's just assume he's not some D grade troll for a moment. If he believes strongly enough in something then he's allowed to repeat it, granted it's reaching ad nauseum levels.

FWIW Masten had a fine game last night by his standards, but otherwise somewhat average in reality. But you can't have everyone tearing it up every week. The fact is we are playing such good footy over the past year and he's still in our bottom 3 players most weeks it's pretty natural for him to be a target as we have very little else to complain about and we are desperate to find whatever possible way we can to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back