Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to see Jackson Nelson looking like he belongs out there, he is getting to the age where if not now, never. Fifth year at the club.

Interestingly, in his first four years, he played at minimum, the opening 4 rounds of each year. So maybe the coaches like what they see. But he just hasn’t quite gone on with it. Here’s hoping it’s all upwards for him now.

So on the coach again.

They had vision of when darling took the mark 30 out 45 degree angle. Someone played on and it was in the goal square. Eagles player threw the wet ball into the crowd and got a dry one back. Back to darling who kicked truly. Illegal.

I like it, I like it a lot.

Wife stealer tried to say Cripps went and got a dry ball out of the bag and Clarkson should have put in a complaint ..

Gary Lyon is Such a flog ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 positive I did not know is that the Eagles now hold the current longest winning streak of any team with 5 wins In a row at the MCG.

Wce haven’t been beaten by a Melbourne team this year either which seems very strange too ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh, Masten's like a folding chair when he gets tackled? - although other players get tackled heaps and
we don't criticise them? But he would have to be the weakest link in the chain.
This argument's probably been covered previously and done to death - but Nelson as a midfielder?
(will get ready to duck!?)

Nelson should he being played as a mid He was good there a couple of seasons ago when we played Freo in a derby so id give him Hutchs tagging role for this weekend and sit him on Fyfe wherever he goes. Time to find out what the kid can do. If it doesn't work, we can always roll Yeo onto Fyfe or just go head to head in a shootout.

Nelson should he being played as a mid He was good there a couple of seasons ago when we played Freo in a derby so id give him Hutchs tagging role for this weekend and sit him on Fyfe wherever he goes. Time to find out what the kid can do. If it doesn't work, we can always roll Yeo onto Fyfe or just go head to head in a shootout.
I’d rather tag B.Hill from the start and send Yeo to Fyfe

Some thoughts, being negative,

I don't get how we had the vastly superior midfield and forwards

Nic nat having the ball on a string and shuey going berserk.

And we barely got over the line.

On paper, should have flogged the Hawks.

Clarkson good coach
Hawks less expectations, less to lose, less pressure
And home ground
Also horrible conditions.

We also, once again, got out to our favourite 3-4 goal lead and stopped.

If we had broke even in the 3rd we probably wouldve broken away in the 4th for a 40+ point win.

Need killer instinct

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some thoughts, being negative,
I don't get how we had the vastly superior midfield and forwards
Nic nat having the ball on a string and shuey going berserk.
And we barely got over the line.
On paper, should have flogged the Hawks.
A good point, the enigma of footy?
Arguably the best coach for some time.
Was a must win for Hawks.
Home game for them, travel for us,
A big slog in the big bog - wet games can be levellers.
They threw everything at us esp. in 2nd qtr(?)
The current 'evenness of competition'
We have more firepower and it was enough to get us over the line, but it seems the Hawks should've got the chokkies, but the Coasters class always nicks the chokkies at the end?
We didn't have Gov.
Masten went missing? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A good point, the enigma of footy?
Arguably the best coach for some time.
Was a must win for Hawks.
Home game for them, travel for us,
A big slog in the big bog - wet games can be levellers.
They threw everything at us esp. in 2nd qtr(?)
The current 'evenness of competition'
We have more firepower and it was enough to get us over the line, but it seems the Hawks should've got the chokkies, but the Coasters class always nicks the chokkies at the end?
We didn't have Gov.
Masten went missing?

Hawks rated highly at first half turnovers and being wet it was simply a territory game. They got the ball forward in the third and we just couldn't get it out. Went 20 minutes or so without an i50 in the third. We were getting smacked around the ball that quarter (Smitch adjustment at half time?) but Simmo reset the mids at 3QT apparently and the rest is history.

Not to mention we lost Hutch at half time (or just before) allowing Impey to get off the leash, who was one of the players that brought them back into the game in the 3rd quarter, and we were as a result one rotation down for the entire second half in very tiring conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back