Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm convinced there are two Luke Shueys playing for west coast. One is the good ordinary starting 18 midfielder who moves alright and does enough to hold his spot each week, and the other is the contested ball superstar with silky skills who only appears when we are a few goals down in a must win game.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Illuminati.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives:
+ Boots. Just immense in that last quarter. Willed himself to contest after contest and loose balls time and again. Epic effort. He'll sleep well on the flight back.
+ Darls. Huge effort in putrid conditions for talls. Clutch goals when needed.
+ Shep. This guy. I mean, ****! So, dare I say it, kamikaze and relentless. Every time he looks like he is out of the contest, he finds something. I reckon he would have to have some next level core strength. Just seems to be able to hold position on the ground and in the air.
+ Ryan. 2 goals just reward for his work rate. I don't care that he sometimes bites off more than he can chew. Last year Willie blew me away with his work rate. This year Ryan has got me shaking my head in disbelief. I'm not a stat guy, but I daresay he'd be up there in score involvments, no?Just imagine him wanting to pull out of a camp under Malthouse. What a loss to the game that would've been.
+ Nic. Brought a tear to my eye watching him standing off in the centre square for that first bounce. It was so obvious he was the difference in getting momentum our way. Particularly in first half. Terrible conditions to make a return but we'll take it.
+ Hurn/Jetta. Hurn was superb defensively. Jetta was superb offensively. Probably downplaying their respective defensive/offensive games, but you get my drift. That inside out banana through the centre square was ridiculous.
+ Nelson. This is exaclty the sort of game I had hoped he would play more consistently. Tough as ****. Bit of dash off the half back line. Relentless (a less polished Shep).
+ Team Heart. Just wow. They just get find a way. They're prepared to scrap, grind and scrape for every win.
+ Allen. Not so much his game (although he worked into it and that mark was just courage personified) more the fact we have this 19 yo KPP that shows so much talent, flexibility and maturity that the MC has faith in him to throw him around, and while he may not be world beating he is holding his own. What is he going to be in 30 more games? **** we killed that draft. Absolutely killed it.
+ Went with someone's advice and signed up to the free 14 day Kayo Live ac to watch game. Had the house to myself, dog on the couch, smashed a few home brews and scared the neighbours.

Negatives:
- don't have a tv that I could cast the feed to. Had to watch it on my phone. Dropped phone half a dozen times while abusing the umps.
- neighbours may have called family sevices for some of the abuse I was throwing at the umps.
- may have had a slight stroke in the last 2 mins of game.

On CPH1707 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with Mr. Kamikaze!! Great post.
+We are equal #2 in points, and we haven't hit top gear with our best 22 on the park!!
+Special mention for JK + Yeo!
- I noticed the player ranking feed on the bottom of the Tv, Masten was the last one mentioned from both teams?
not usually a basher of the Space Guardian, but it's only a matter of time I guess.
(the Hawks play Pies next week-interesting game)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Won 3 quarters of footy. Broke the hoodoo against hawks at the G and now sitting third. I was hoping for a draw which would have basically made our poor percentage redundant for the rest of the season. Nic Nat improves our team. Should be full strength next week with TB and Gov back. Keep cameron for one more game in normal conditions, that was horrible playing conditions.
giphy.gif

its_dave

Senior List
May 10, 2012
SW
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives

We got two games in a row into Cameron

Nelson looking handy playing close on a difficult forward

NN return was just like old times

Ryan is more than handy. Real contributor.

We won a wet game at the MCG without our best team, without a player for half a game, played a second gamer, a returning ruckman from long term injury against a good team at home determined not to loose four in a row.

How good is Cripps?

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Was checking out post-game comments elsewhere (roar etc) and many posters (Pies, Hawks+Freo) thought Eagles didn't deserve to win the game, they got lucky, the Hawks missed set shots, bad umpiring etc - all the usual cliches- and that the Eagles won't make it in finals, they'll slide, they only just get across the line, they get lucky umpire calls all the time in their goal square or 50m arc in the dying minutes...so much misinformed or biased tripe really.

The Eagles miss plenty of set shots, they get plenty of dubious umpire calls, the opp. get plenty of frees in their 50m arc etc etc...but a good team overcomes that, a good team persists, a good team stays in the game and then goals or capitalises when it's necessary. Sometimes they don't, sometimes they get whacked by 40+ points!
Eagles have lost 4 games by such margins, yet earned their way to 3rd spot, then were gifted equal 2nd on points by Collingwood (that's footy). This without their best 22 on the park or at their optimum.
So the Eagles are doing something right, even if they still aren't considered Prem. favourites?
But really, who needs that hype anyway. Slow and steady boys!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Cole has got what it takes as well to be best 22. I hope whichever is picked plays a blinder but Nelson has definitely stepped up.

Cole is a better footballer, quicker, better ball user. I think Cole can be as good as Shep in the long run.

I think they’ve opted for Nelson because he’s a more conservative lock down option and we’ve leaked goals at times this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
Cole is a better footballer, quicker, better ball user. I think Cole can be as good as Shep in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think what Nelson has over Cole is a bit of size. He is able to compete in the air a bit better and can Bullock his way through a contest. Agree, Cole a bit quicker and probably a better user of the footy. Not sure he would be able to compete in the air the way Shep does. Then again, not many even Shep's size would either.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back