Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

+ve
Still have about 30% chance of getting the 4th position (ie Brisbane beat Richmond).
-ve
Never address our weaknesses:
1. weak in contest as usual, dont know how to play contact football.
2. too slow- countless time Hawthorn midfield players run out of the pack; the look is very much like a 4 years old boy chasing a 20 years old man.
4. out coached - Hawthorn coaches know how to exploit our weaknesses more than we attack theirs.

Your dreaming if you think NN playing changes things much, we have had him at his best and yes we get a bit more use of the ball out of the middle but we still were no better. Unaccountable is unaccountable and no player changes that.
Lol NN absolutely changes the game cos we don't get destroyed out of the middle. I'm disappointed in you, fnerd for agreeing.

Im reaching a bit here but im just hoping some sort of switch is made and the team goes full beast mode cum finals

It certainly is going to be interesting. Should we finish fifth, we need to win four games to win the flag instead of three. The major issue will be the consecutive weeks of travel...
We have a pretty good ace up our sleeve in Nic. I really hope we can use the bye to reset, Simpson and co to analyse and prepare. And maybe for the team to have a bit of a heart to heart so to speak. The opportunity is still there (B2B). It will be hard, but it just comes down to desire and the want. Let’s see what will happen.

We may just still finish fourth too haha ☺️

Clarkson's a genius. Pushed their zone an extra 15-20m closer to goal and completely cut off the switch options we like to use. Instead of just zoning in front of the ball the Hawks zoned around it on all angles. Simpson's going to have to pull something out cause could very well be playing this exact match again in week 1
Have always said it - Simmo gets very stubborn with his GamePlan A, the problem is he never seems to try and mix it up a bit so the opposition don't know our next move - we are just too predictable.

Our backline which used to be our strength seems to have gone to poo ever since Hurn got injured earlier in the year and since he came back the backline seems out of sink a bit.

Also getting beaten in the ruck so Hickey is not the answer and even with Nic in who will be lacking match fitness has me worried.

Can't see us going too far this year - perhaps too many big heads who think they are better than they are?
Mind you had we kicked a bit straighter at times we may have been a bit closer and perhaps then may have been able to pull off a win. Perhaps🙄

I was very disappointed with Duggan and Barrass dropping easy marks resulting in goals . Duggan Not going for a mark letting it bounce when he clearly had time to get to it resulting in a goal .
The wafl game was a soggy slog so Duggan would have been affected . The slog last week against Richmond would have been an affect on whole side .

Positive is the bye .

The melts...oh, the melts!
Some real sooky babies here...the blame game!
Out-coached and out-played.
Apart from all the horror mistakes, 6 day break after wet slog, maybe ran out of steam. That's footy!
A week off. NN back might offer something, or clutching at straws?
What will be, will be. The team's fate is in their hands.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out-coached and out-played. That's footy.
What will be, will be. The teams fate is in their hands.

The team's fate was in their hands tonight, and they dropped it. All they had to do was get a win. Any win. And that was a bridge too far.

It is funny how pp think every time your team loses its because you played bad. incorrect. sometimes you just gotta take your hat off to the opposition team ( including the coach) who just outplayed you. ffs dogs won a flag from 8th ppl. have some faith.
Think it was a bit of both - Hawthorn played out of their skins and too many of our guys just did not turn up to play except for 5 minutes here and there. Personally think it started in the ruck - Hickey got spanked again - he just is not that good even though I'm sure he tries.

Wow, deluded?
Haha, jeez can't catch a break on this forum. Criticise the players or melt and your own supporters turn on you, don't melt and the opposition want to have a crack.

Refresh my memory dear friend, did getting flogged by west coast in the first week of finals in 2015 and getting no weeks off during the campaign stop the campaigners in the poo's and wee's from winning the softest of premierships against a team that was better on paper who finished 2nd and played 2 home finals?

All it comes down to in September is which group of 20 odd blokes has the superior self confidence that they are the best thing in it and the will to put the body on the line to prove it. From where I sit 5th and a home final in the first week isn't that much of a handicap compared to the finals experience our 20 odd blokes have from the past 4 campaigns. Lot of fresh faces in the race this year, field is wide open for a likely group of battle hardened reigning premiers to defy the odds and ambush this years unexpected ladder bolters. Thanks for the touch up, ghosts of 2015 is exactly what we need to be reminded of right about now.

Out-coached and out-played. That's footy.
What will be, will be. The teams fate is in their hands.
How are people meant to react to that rubbish?

Pretty disappointing watching your season go to s**t in one game. You had one job West Coast, just win. That’s all, not too much to ask against a non-finals side at home surely?

As others have said, a wasted year. That premiership is sitting there for the taking, no stand out team this year. We have reverse Bradbury’d the * out of it.

Seemed like our biggest issue was post-stoppage possessions. If we're not losing every stoppage I.e. we have NN then we don't lose so badly. Imo, of course.

We will of course win more centre clearances with Nic but that still does not change our lack of accountability for our opponents. We are very poor with this. Nic doesn’t change that and hence my comment with or without Nic if sides put the heat on us and try to make us accountable they will probably beat us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back