Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that sucks. Go Brisbane I guess, though with performances like that it won’t really matter.

+ Hey our best footy is still ******* great

- We play it for five minutes per game.

Not much else to say. Comprehensive that. Physically soft, skills lacking, hilarious errors from last week evidently weren’t one offs like I’d hoped. Dunno how much analysis there is tbh. Softest performance in years.

Hawks were prepared and ruthless, credit to them.

We need Naitanui back. Desperately

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Your dreaming if you think NN playing changes things much, we have had him at his best and yes we get a bit more use of the ball out of the middle but we still were no better. Unaccountable is unaccountable and no player changes that.

Positives
We got out our 1x 15mins of champagne footy out of the way
When we are on we on

Negatives
The oppo finds it way to easy to counter our game plan
This restult was half expected
Our players played as if they were looking forward to finals
Great teams play with intensity regardless of the opposition or what lies ahead. This team just isnt that great
Barass and gov got their pants pulled down yet again
Midfield got obliterated yet again
Midfield depth absolute s**t

Clarkson's a genius. Pushed their zone an extra 15-20m closer to goal and completely cut off the switch options we like to use. Instead of just zoning in front of the ball the Hawks zoned around it on all angles. Simpson's going to have to pull something out cause could very well be playing this exact match again in week 1

No positives except maybe now we know we that we need to drop some players before finals.
Out: Nelson, Petrucelle, Waterman
In: Watson, Cameron, Williams

POS attitude all year. Same issues no fixes.

Players lack intent. Simmo's been found out.

We' ve been figured out.
This.

Couldve won games by more.
Couldve won games we lost.

A lot of flashy stuff and not much substance when Hawks wanted it more.

Will a week off help?
Will cut throat finals keep them primed?

Going by the past i doubt it

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your dreaming if you think NN playing changes things much, we have had him at his best and yes we get a bit more use of the ball out of the middle but we still were no better. Unaccountable is unaccountable and no player changes that.
He makes us a better side, which gives us a better chance that without.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No positives out of that.

Negatives : unaccountable, soft at contests, all our small forwards even the flashy ones simply put little pressure on and play behind their opponents waiting for the easy one instead of putting themselves in the heat. Our players hate a contest, unless it’s on our terms playing uncontested footy we are pretty weak.
Been like it all year and to many get excited about little flashy things some of our players do instead of hard work and grit which does not exist in our club.

+ Makes Richmond travel to Brisbane for their first final if they win tomorrow.
+ Even better is this likely fu**s up Essendon's tanking effort to stay in Melbourne. Eat s**t, campaigners.

Hmm, very interesting (re Richmond). Poor things having to leave their happy home regardless 😂

Well that sucks. Go Brisbane I guess, though with performances like that it won’t really matter.

+ Hey our best footy is still ******* great

- We play it for five minutes per game.

Not much else to say. Comprehensive that. Physically soft, skills lacking, hilarious errors from last week evidently weren’t one offs like I’d hoped. Dunno how much analysis there is tbh. Softest performance in years.

Hawks were prepared and ruthless, credit to them.
If we know how to beat Hawthorn now, isn't that more important than winning/losing?

Depends on the story. Or something.

Not enough desire to win for this team, and imo it starts at the top with Simmo. He simply is too satisfied with honourable losses and close wins where we should've won by a lot more. He should've been gutted about losing last week, but instead he mainly seemed fine with it and didn't seem to be aware of the implications of the result.
A few weeks out from the finals, he needed to be more clear about where he wants to the club to finish instead of claiming that finishing in the top 8 was the goal and finishing higher would be a sort of bonus.
Before the start of the year, the team proclaimed that they haven't lost any hunger and won't have a premiership hangover, but it seems pretty clear that they did. There has simply not been enough hunger to set goals for what we want to achieve this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back