Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know Brisbane will get rolled today and then the Beagles to deny Nic Nat a warm up game next week. While we are at it the poms will probably get the 200 odd runs they need as well. Its been that sort of week.

Yeah went from glorious on Friday night to wtf this morning

One thing I've noticed is that while the Optus stadium dimensions suit us as it's similar to mcg. The down side is it suits Victorian sides as well as they are used to the dimensions

Subiaco oval gave us a advantage at home as they had to change their game plan generally.

Positives
It finished.
10 minutes of the first quarter.
Negatives
Effort wasn't there.
We lost the contests that mattered everywhere.
When we needed to be clean and not fumble or kick straight we fumbled and missed.
It was basically like watching 2016 elimination final again. Outworked and beaten by a team that wanted it more.

It’s not what we need. That was last week. Finishing 5th is season over. If we were 3rd or 4th then I agree with the home advantage stuff as we’d only need to win week one to get a home prelim. But 5th is a bridge too far having to travel every week.

Well as long as we're still in it I won't give up completely, though whether we're outsiders now hinges on whether we get in top 4. I still believe we can win it all from 5th, we aren't really a 5th placed team, we were 2nd much of the year, so if anyone can do it from outside the 4 it's us - or the Dogs.

Positives
It finished.
10 minutes of the first quarter.
Negatives
Effort wasn't there.
We lost the contests that mattered everywhere.
When we needed to be clean and not fumble or kick straight we fumbled and missed.
It was basically like watching 2016 elimination final again. Outworked and beaten by a team that wanted it more.

Honestly reminded of our first game against Hawthorn in 2017 after we lost the GF to them in 2016. Everyone was expecting us to come out breathing fire and instead we had one of the most meek, fumbling and insipid displays in recent memory. We played that game with fear.

And for some reason we played last night with fear. Honestly we probably should of lost the earlier game against the Hawks but they didn't take their chances and last night they did.

I honestly don't know why the players are so scared.

Honestly reminded of our first game against Hawthorn in 2017 after we lost the GF to them in 2016. Everyone was expecting us to come out breathing fire and instead we had one of the most meek, fumbling and insipid displays in recent memory. We played that game with fear.

And for some reason we played last night with fear. Honestly we probably should of lost the earlier game against the Hawks but they didn't take their chances and last night they did.

Head cases.

Weight of expectation has always been extremely difficult for this team to handle for some reason.

Where was our arrogance?

Quite incredible how just 7 quarters ago we were flag favourites, and now we're all but written off by most. There was just no intensity last night, we were still hungover from the Tigers game. We've struggled all year to play consecutive high pressure games, and we just don't have the same hunger as we did last year. We've made things very hard for ourselves now, if the Lions don't win today, we need to do just about the toughest thing in world sport. Too many passengers, too predictable, it's time to take risks.

Quite incredible how just 7 quarters ago we were flag favourites, and now we're all but written off by most. There was just no intensity last night, we were still hungover from the Tigers game. We've struggled all year to play consecutive high pressure games, and we just don't have the same hunger as we did last year. We've made things very hard for ourselves now, if the Lions don't win today, we need to do just about the toughest thing in world sport. Too many passengers, too predictable, it's time to take risks.

For ten minutes we looked unstoppable, as good as any team has played this year. But for most of the rest we were ordinary. I think we kicked half our entire score in one 5 minute burst. It's like we are mostly in second gear and occasionally surge into 5th, with little in between. I mean that's not sustainable, but if it's an energy thing we need to maintain something more steady. We're like the hare in the tortoise and the hare. Can't expect to coast along (no pun intended) and storm home.

Just a fyi. We have not lost at the gabby in a decade,even when we were s**t and lions strong. It's like a little mcg for us.

Good luck for the finals

Three things dickhead:

The Gabba is 170x149 compared to the mcg which is 171x146, so it is no "little mcg"

Secondly, it is GabbA not GabbY. Show some respect effwit,

And lastly, I hope your trashbag team get bent over and your shitty fans go home in tears because our 'minnow' club showed you pretenders who's boss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three things dickhead:

The Gabba is 170x149 compared to the mcg which is 171x146, so it is no "little mcg"

And lastly, I hope your trashbag team get bent over and your s**tty fans go home in tears because our 'minnow' club showed you pretenders who's boss.

Fire up sir 👍 We are all Lions for today ❤️

Three things dickhead:

And lastly, I hope your trashbag team get bent over and your s**tty fans go home in tears because our 'minnow' club showed you pretenders who's boss.

Wow lol.

Did you build the gabby? I clarified it was my mobile's auto correct. You seem pretty tense, go put the video on and get the VHS out and watch some afl brought final wins. :p

Three things dickhead:

I honestly hope you wipe them off the park. If you could kindly roll over for the QF that would also be appreciated :p

Unexpected flag and a unexpected grand Final but surely we are a more mature team than that. Be very very disappointed if we don't come out breathing fire this finals series. Maybe NicNat coming back can inspire the boys to get up for the fight.

Negative - Barrass, stinking it up so bad he has to get dropped first final, he literally cost us the Richmond game and was less than useless last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back