Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn - Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

A reminder: if you donate $25 or more to the GoFundMe for fellow Eagles fan AxialMat, you will receive one month of free Premium Platinum BigFooty.

Send your donation receipt to Chief to receive your free month.

Watched the replay, Loved Waterman's chasing and sticking of tackles too.

Sheed's had 2 outstanding games this year, this was one of them, didn't put a foot wrong and even went in hard on defense, seems to be more aggressive without the ball now which is needed without Shuey and Yeo in the middle.

Gaff's positioning is some of the best I have ever seen. All these little kicks that just appear to fall in his arms, he knows exactly what he is doing and where he should be at all times.
I watched the first three quarters again this evening. I'm really not sure why people were bitching about Waterman. He had a disappointing marking day i50 but had a goal and 3 score involvements from 6 touches. Was a key cog marking out on the wing and transitioning the ball rapidly. 3 tackles i50, so he was bringing the heat.

A solid outing IMO.

They're an AFL team with 4 out of their B22 out based on the self inflicted overtrading for stars. We're an AFL team with 7 of our B22 out.
I don't see anyone giving us a free pass, it's hard to win at AFL level.
All AFL teams are good enough to win against any opponent at any given day.

Except Norf.
They're basically tier 4 VFL and should probably fold.
The Dockers can be right behind them...
I remember watching the first quarter and reminding myself that this was a 17th placed team, and how little difference there was between teams on a good day!
(until halfway through the 2nd qtr, when quality came to town)

Solid win away - a number of positives

+ I have the impression the team is far more comfortable on the MCG. Don’t seem to be getting lost in the spaces. We weren’t playing top opposition but the MCG was a graveyard for many years. I put this down to having similar shaped home and training grounds

+ Consistent, high quality performance by the midfield. Good assistance from the bit part players like Ah Chee, Jones and Langdon

+ Great game by Ah Chee, can’t expect this every week but if he offers energy and strength around the ball he is worth a game each week, important selection considering the number of experienced players we have out

+ Impressive game by Williams, no need to go back to Vardy except in case of injury

+ Solid game by Edwards for his 3rd game, more mature defender than I thought he would be

+ Impressive game by Oscar, he could be a top flight backman but it’s more important that he is a forward. Must just about be in the top 50 in the comp

+ Really liked Brander’s game. He is becoming a weapon with his marking and kicking to advantage. Patience beginning to bear fruit.

+ Good games by Petch and Jones.

+ Darling is just about the complete player now, reaching the sweet spot of his career; a leader by his play rather than his title

- Waterman not at his best but kept plugging away

- Kennedy’s injury

All in all a very solid and important win, onward and upwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back