Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Hawthorn - Rd 8, 2021

A reminder: if you donate $25 or more to the GoFundMe for fellow Eagles fan AxialMat, you will receive one month of free Premium Platinum BigFooty.

Send your donation receipt to Chief to receive your free month.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Still was pretty damn useful today if that's not his dominant best.

Hitout service was consistently good and had several of his trademark 'I'll do it myself' centre clearances. If that's his floor, he's an undeniable superstar.
For sure. My issue isn't where his floor is but his durability. We need Nic if we're any chance in September (again, 2018, I know...)

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
That will be JK's tight calf becoming an 8 week injury where every week his return is "imminent".

You're right to call the win professional though. Given the injuries, it was a good win.
Any more injuries and we'll have Simmo in the midfield, Nisbett in the backline and the medical staff as emergencies?

LewyBroome

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Langdon is simply there to harass and pressure. Goal, assists, tackles and pressure acts. He was on par today. He was always your 21st and 22nd selected. Don’t know what else some want from him.

Cripps on the other hand...... has always promised so much but has always delivered only snippets of it

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Langdon is simply there to harass and pressure. Goal, assists, tackles and pressure acts. He was on par today. He was always your 21st and 22nd selected. Don’t know what else some want from him.

Cripps on the other hand...... has always promised so much but has always delivered only snippets of it

Kick more than 40m and maybe use his right foot instead of being really one sided that he turns back towards the defensive goal square. Some pace would be handy too.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
+ darling back to 2018 level of clunking marks
+ midfield sheed Kelly gaff and redden all lifted the last 2 weeks
+ ahchee best game for the club .
+ the backline young talls in allen rotham and Edwards pantsed the young tall forwards from the hawks
+ Jones adds that pace to our midfield with yeo and shuey out
+ brander . I eat humble pie about his kicking . He has improved remarkably
+ petch , his chasing today and defensive work was 1st rate
+ sheppard is a gun

- Kennedy iced up
- cripps is a selfish campaigner
- witherden sloppy by foot leading to turnovers
- commentary was 2nd rate pro vic tripe today .
' that was a free kick but the ump didn't pay it and I'm alright with that ' Gary Lyon

- umpiring was pretty one sided , clear HTBs not payed , falling into the back not paying , chopping the arms not payed. Then cheapies going the other way .
To be -6 free kicks after a smashing like that doesn't compute

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Nic Nat is a concern. But if he's injured and they are nursing him through, then fair enough.

Dont see the problem with NN, he is playing as he always has. He has never been an around the ground player. Not ever going to be either so don’t know why Brereton kept going on about it. His game is centre square and he is going ok.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Dont see the problem with NN, he is playing as he always has. He has never been an around the ground player. Not ever going to be either so don’t know why Brereton kept going on about it. His game is centre square and he is going ok.
When your direct opponent goes forward or back and becomes and extra 200cm tall without anyone on him its must piss off the other players surely.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Good solid win. Looking at the squad we put out there, we had as many youngsters as any of the rebuilding teams. Still managed to pump a bottom 4 team.

Keep ticking over the wins. Have a great opportunity for another 3-4 wins before the bye. If we get there at 8 wins 4 losses, then watch out for the second half of the year!

Nov 1, 2007
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, OKC

Agreed he did carry on, I get a feeling it could be more of a 'I know he can be better' for Dermie though. Certainly likes him as player.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Agreed he did carry on, I get a feeling it could be more of a 'I know he can be better' for Dermie though. Certainly likes him as player.

Well to be honest I can’t understand why NN doesn’t run with the opposition ruckman, but he never has so clearly it’s his instructions.

Rewatching the game Dermie has an odd hard-on for Naitanui and being critical of his positioning.

Dude, he's never been about that.

Watching it again NN was fine today, gave our midfielders silver service. Loads of clearances won because of his hitouts to advantage. McEvoy may have marked more around the ground but he had little impact on the result - which NN did in the first half.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Nothing to do with Dermie. I feel he's a little off from the first few games of the year.

Scandal: West Coast only won because the female umpire is biased as she is involved with Adam Simpson. Or at least that's what the Hawks supporters behind me expressed repeatedly today

Back