Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Went out for the last quarter, girlfriend’s birthday not AFL fixture friendly. That said...

+ 7 straight, lol.
+ Yeo dominated and rightfully seems to have won the medal
+ Liam Ryan. Could have gone either way on his inclusion this week but he’s shown up in a big way
+ Lycett’s follow up work was NN like
+ Tom Cole is the best young player in WA
+ Two games clear in the top two with three to play.

- Gaff. What was he thinking?
- Clearance work could use a lift (even though we’re built to flourish on the intercept and counter game).
- Wasteful
- Umpires lost control in such a big way and freaked out at any contact.

Massive sympathies for Brayshaw, but also genuinely shook by Gaff. Will rightfully miss a lengthy stint, and just hope he hasn’t played his last game for the club.

Fingers crossed for four weeks but surely couldn’t be.

+ Our backline is A grade
+ with JK our forward line is (close,if not) A grade also
+ Our rucks are not a weakness.

We still have a lot to work with to push through for a strong finish to this year

More or less unhappy with every outcome of that game, bar the important four points, but * the Freo board is going to be spectacular reading this week.

Gaff is a dirty campaigner. One look at him and it's obvious he's a mouth breathing idiot. Slack jaw, eyes with nothing going on. And maybe the most overrated footballer going around... I reckon Nick Suban'd be the best midfielder in the Eagles mess of a middle.

Lost by 10 goals to a side where Nick Suban would be the best mid - what does that say about the list

- Ryan was brilliant. Fwd pressure was outstanding
- Mids really stood up after losing a lot of clearances early
- fwds looked really good and dominated
- Yeo and Redden
- Fried Lyce was huge
- Love Tommy Cole

- Gaff really stupid
- Big Sandy Dragons fan and love Brayshaw so sad to see
- Umps gifted them half their score

Huge positive is Liam Ryan.

He completely changed his game today. He held back from jumping except when it was his turn, he crumbed sensationally and he chased like a man possessed.

I didn’t think he had that style of game in him. Fantastic work to cement his spot heading into finals.

Huge positive is Liam Ryan.

He completely changed his game today. He held back from jumping except when it was his turn, he crumbed sensationally and he chased like a man possessed.

I didn’t think he had that style of game in him. Fantastic work to cement his spot heading into finals.
Looked to have a role more similar to Willie's than his old one. Played a lot further up the ground today.

When I imagined the Rioli + Ryan combo in preseason, it looked a lot like that. Cripps and Venables did well too.

Vardcett good game, didn't dominate the taps but productive around ground.

Defensive pressure was intense early on across the board. Wish it was there last week, but good to know we can still press like that.

Negatives - apart from the obvious - the number of turnovers we have. Should have been punished, luckily Freo are so poo at kicking in general. They burned so many good opportunities. Good teams will punish some of that sloppiness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Ryan was a big positive. Missed a sitter early on but it’s admirable how he changed his style to suit the side in such a short period of time. That shows a lot.

If he and Rioli and Cripps can find their groove we will be laughing

Jack owned Pearce but didn't pull his pants down due to inaccurate kicking.

Looked to have a role more similar to Willie's than his old one. Played a lot further up the ground today.
From what I saw Ryan got into better positions front and centre than Rioli has for most of the year.

I suspect that’s because Ryan is a natural forward whereas Rioli has a midfielder inside of him somewhere. He probably also stays deeper more often.

Masto winning alot of 50/50 contests stood out for me today. May it long continue.
I honestly think his size is his limitation, he's a very clever player in a contest. I believe in u18's he was an inside mid, dishing out to the likes of Palmer and co.

He knows how to do it but against bigger bodies can be found out due to how easily they can knock him off the line of the ball. Had some awesome kicks today as well, very attacking plays that came off.

+ Yeo, Redden and Gaff.
+our Small forwards
+our Defenders
+7 wins

- Gaff selfish footy
- Brayshaws glass jaw
-skills bit messy at times.

I think that was the first ever eagles game in which it could be said that our smalls dominated. Kudos to the recruiters - so good to see.

From what I saw Ryan got into better positions front and centre than Rioli has for most of the year.

I suspect that’s because Ryan is a natural forward whereas Rioli has a midfielder inside of him somewhere. He probably also stays deeper more often.
Yep, Ryan is a more natural forward than Rioli IMO. Willie looks far more dangerous kicking inside 50 - which is awesome for us because he has kicked 20+ goals still

Feel for Schoey, hopefully just misses 2 or 3. Is a quality player when given a string of games.
Agreed buddy, really looking settled then PING, down he goes.

+ We won and won how we should.
+ Ryan, fantastic all round game

- Gaffy. Really deflating stuff.
- Clearances concerned me today, Melbourne aren't a rabble like Freo so that needs to be addressed quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back