Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

+ve
Happy we beat them by 10 goals.. Our forward line was flying. Looked extremely dangerous every time the ball went into the forward 50. Love the work on Ryan and Rioli at the drop of the ball at the contests. Our forward line will be even more formidable once(if) JK comes back.

-ve
I know Im being (very) harsh, but giving up 84 points to Freo isnt exactly a great performance. There were a few times where the defence just long its structure and Freo just scored too easily. Hopefully Simmo can go through some tape during the week and tighten up the defence, and hit the contests harder. A Docker time as putrid as that should not be scoring over 50 points. I felt the pressure and effort in the back line was lacking slightly...
That being said... There were about 3 50m penalties which resulted in goals, but Freo also did miss some sitters....
Think there were 5 or more 50s.....some of them bearing no relationship to actual AFL rules

Brady Grey was pathetic. He tried to rough up Gaff by pushing and shoving etc but the highlight for me was seeing him totally stuffed after trying to keep up with Gaff. Then there was that kick at goal by him. Grey isn’t a footballer’s a-hole. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, he's a total lemon.

Enough will be said about Gaff by others, I'm watching the replay now and gee we look so much different with guys like Cole, Ryan, Rioli, and DV.

Genuine speed, skill, and tackling pressure.

Cole, for a guy I once thought was one paced, not overly skillful, and a bit small, is absolutely destroying opponents this year. Will play 150+ games for us.

As for Ryan, appeared a one trick pony and intent on flying for marks that he had no right to take, stayed on the ground and played fantastic. He's a smart player and is incredibly good to watch. Can tell he loves playing too.

Enough will be said about Gaff by others, I'm watching the replay now and gee we look so much different with guys like Cole, Ryan, Rioli, and DV.

Genuine speed, skill, and tackling pressure.

Cole, for a guy I once thought was one paced, not overly skillful, and a bit small, is absolutely destroying opponents this year. Will play 150+ games for us.

As for Ryan, appeared a one trick pony and intent on flying for marks that he had no right to take, stayed on the ground and played fantastic. He's a smart player and is incredibly good to watch. Can tell he loves playing too.
Yeah bringing in these guys has made a huge amount of difference.

Compare with last year playing Hill, Butler, Partington/Mutimer, Wellingham

Who did that running fend off again? Ryan or Willie? Can someone point me to the time it happened so I can watch the replay?

Who did that running fend off again? Ryan or Willie? Can someone point me to the time it happened so I can watch the replay?

Willie. Kick out to Jetta on the win and then long kick I50 for a Ryan chest mark and goal.

Was in the third quarter.

Can't remember the exact minute though.

Unrelated, but there was a bit where Mundy was tackled over the boundary line and there was audio picked up from an old lady in the crowd, "You're a champion David!"

Willie did.

In the third quarter after the Gaff incident.

Somehow it was left out of the highlights package so unless it's posted elsewhere it will never see the light of day again :(

Yeah am feeling really good about Ryan's game. He was definitely making a decision to stay down most times when the ball came in long and it really paid off for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our smalls were great, just what we were all hoping for with Rioli and Ryan. To kick 21 goals with no JK was outstanding - should have been more, like 25/26. We will need a similar showing against Port. God I hope we beat them - that's one team I thoroughly dislike.

For all the whinging about the Glendenning medal and the fact it has been renamed Glendenning-Allan, I found it odd that only Ross Glendenning was on hand to award it to Yeo. Where was Allan?

Also, the commentators forgot multiple times that it had been renamed (who can blame them) - I am assuming 90% of punters wouldn't even know the name and that the Allan part will be dropped off pretty soon.

For all the whinging about the Glendenning medal and the fact it has been renamed Glendenning-Allan, I found it odd that only Ross Glendenning was on hand to award it to Yeo. Where was Allan?

Also, the commentators forgot multiple times that it had been renamed (who can blame them) - I am assuming 90% of punters wouldn't even know the name and that the Allan part will be dropped off pretty soon.

Eating crayons with Clive Waterhouse in their safe space.

Glendinning presents for WCE home Derby and Allen for Scum home crowd.

Interesting how we went big and won 10 in a row.Now with injuries we have gone the other way and have unveiled a sizzling mosquito fleet.we are not done yet.Its a matter of belief.Hopefully with everybody having potshots at us;it will engender a Us V Them mentality.

Willie. Kick out to Jetta on the win and then long kick I50 for a Ryan chest mark and goal.

Was in the third quarter.

Can't remember the exact minute though.

Unrelated, but there was a bit where Mundy was tackled over the boundary line and there was audio picked up from an old lady in the crowd, "You're a champion David!"
I heard that too. Actually there were a few incidents this weekend where I heard random people talking from the crowd, different games too. Maybe they’ve moved their mics around

They should have renamed it "The Name that can't be Mentioned in case it upsets the Dockers Medal"

Yeah bringing in these guys has made a huge amount of difference.

Compare with last year playing Hill, Butler, Partington/Mutimer, Wellingham
sad_rain.gif

Glad that's over. Sentence was 2 weeks too many but the AFL has no spine and would always cave to media attention

Our club truly gets them riled up like no other.

Let's just be glad we don't support a club like Fremantle and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back