Positives and Negatives vs Melbourne

You all melted so hard, absolute plebs.

+ RYYYYAAAAAANNNNN
+ Hung tough in a really intense, contested scrap.
+ JK reads this forum and laughs at your takes
+ Hurn’s so ******* elite
+ Ryan, Petch, WILLIE - great X factor in the forward line.
+ Some Gold Coast campaigner brought angry Elliot Yeo out of the box, and he hasn’t gone away since.
+ We fought hard and scrapped a win in a season where that’s gold. Enormous last quarter

- Midfield effort was shocking once we turned it over. Gawn and their mids were always going to play well, had to put up some degree of barrier.
- Jack Darling shits me to tears
- I know we worked it back, but when our team lose their heads they reeeeally lose their heads.
- Very general. We’re miles off our best, and that’s frustrating. The silver lining is we have several gears and we’ve shown our best is still untouchably good. No, we’re not playing particularly inspiring footy this season, but we’re working into it. Save the melts. God forbid any of you had been Carlton or Freo fans.

5-0 in HB35 previews. * off Melbourne you pushing, diving, buckle at the knees, start s**t behind play plebs. Enjoy Mt Bulla.

1c219eb20b752a3a676eb5f10adc977c.jpg

5c50d23649ecd22f25a6ee78c6ac3882.gif

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
+ Ryan's mark
+ Riolis goal
+ Yeo's best game of the year
+ Give Hurn AA captain now
+ Kennedy finding form
+ Those random Hickey Wirrpanda-esque pick ups
+ We got the 4 points

- I don't whinge about it often but the commentary was terrible. Melbourne love was immense.
- Vardy, only highlight was the tap to Cripps. Was awful.
- Redden was extremely poor
- Just another uneven game where we just turn it on in cycles.

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
+ Hunger. Fought back from behind, showed terrific intent all game. Talk of a premiership hangover doesn’t stack up when we show up to play like that

+ Yeo. Just enormous. Imposed himself on the game and was clear best on ground. Shuey very good too.

+ Rioli. What a player. Still working his way back to fitness but doesn’t need much of it to have an impact. Such a smart and creative footballer

+ Flyin’ Ryan. Huge.

+ Oscar Allen was good down back for the better part of three quarters after battling early. Didn’t drop his head and showed his footy smarts.

+ The game plan. We worked off the Dees really well at the stoppages, knowing their tendency to get sucked into the contests. Our superior spread was crucial given Gawn’s ruck dominance.

+ JK’s workrate is phenomenal.

- Venables concussion. Looked like a very nasty knock. Hope he’s ok.

- Vardy didn’t look AFL quality at all. Getting beaten by Gawn in the ruck isn’t anything to be ashamed about. Getting bodied out of it by him is.

- Redden, Gaff and Sheed were all pretty average for different reasons. Sheed is allergic to tackling, Redden’s decision making was poor and Gaff had plenty of it but very little impact. All need to liftz

- Commentary was truly shithouse

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Cripps covered 17.5km’s tonight. That would put him 6th on the all time Km’s covered.

He played well also with 18 touches. 2 goals, 5 score involvements and 2 tackles. He’s stepped up to be an a consistent player and a leader now with no Lecca.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
+ Ryan's mark
+ Riolis goal
+ Yeo's best game of the year
+ Give Hurn AA captain now
+ Kennedy finding form
+ Those random Hickey Wirrpanda-esque pick ups
+ We got the 4 points

- I don't whinge about it often but the commentary was terrible. Melbourne love was immense.
- Vardy, only highlight was the tap to Cripps. Was awful.
- Redden was extremely poor
- Just another uneven game where we just turn it on in cycles.
I noticed those pick ups too.looked awesome at the time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn’t look good right up until half way through the 3rd. We seemed to be just hanging in there at stages. But to come back when the chips are down is something we did last year. Our resilience, which is such a key part of our brand, is coming back bit by bit.

Much to improve on, we’re conceding so many inside 50’s. But the fact we conceded 62 and kept them to 69 points, our defence held up superbly.

Rioli makes us look so much more dangerous. His pressure, goal sense and skills we have missed so much. Hopefully he pulled up ok.

That mark of Ryan’s was a thing of beauty. Didn’t like Vardy going to him, though. Maybe Gawn said something to him prior, so happy to let it go, but it’s not a great look. Takes away from a beautiful play from Ryan.

Hope DV is ok, poor lad. Didn’t look great.

A wins a win. 6-3. Percentage back to 100%. Melbourne played well tonight. A hard fought win is nothing to be ashamed of.

JK looked a lot better tonight. Darling at least kept working through a quiet night and didn’t drop his head.

kaII

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
-Vardy giving it to Gawn pissed me off. He’s getting roasted on Twitter atm.

Kinda feel that Gawn is a bit chirpy and might have been giving Vards and Hicks some lip service and hence the reaction.

Pretty sure Gawn is well known for being talkative. Don't understand why it's suddenly such a big deal, players do that all the time.

We’re 6-3. We’ve played Geelong in Geelong, Collingwood at the G, we’ve played GWS and we’ve played a prelim rematch.

No, we haven’t looked even close to our best for 90% of the season. Yes, we’ve lost some games I thought we’d win, but we’ve also won a few I thought would be a slog.

Acknowledging we’ve played an extra game so this isn’t quite right, have a look at our record and have a look at who we’ve played.

fd32cf3603578ab3e90c69ce4242b5fb.jpg

Adelaide next week is massive. Any win, ugly, polished, 1 point, 100 points, is a massive statement. If we get to 7-3, especially given who we’ve faced, we’re set up nicely.

Motto for this season is simply survive and advance.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
-Vardy giving it to Gawn pissed me off. He’s getting roasted on Twitter atm.

Kinda feel that Gawn is a bit chirpy and might have been giving Vards and Hicks some lip service and hence the reaction.
I reckon he was just trying to rough him up a bit - like Lycett did in Rd 1 - and chose a cheap shot while he was down.

I’m sure they went into the game with the intention of putting pressure on Gawn but they failed. Vardy did his part last year, but he’s a very limited player + he’s out of form.

Preferred ruck setup should be NN + Oscar

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry for being so negative but that's what's staring at me as well.

Anyways, Melb are a rubbish team, yet,:

They won i50 - 62 v 47
They won contested marks 15 v 9
They won 24 scoring shots v 20

We had 65% scoring accuracy v their 38%

A better team would have belted us.

100.0% on the ladder

Adelaide flogs us to kingdom come next week.

Cheers

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
+ I can watch more football this weekend (some good games coming up) without feeling like s**t after a loss
+ Melbourne's goal kicking
+ Cripps' forth quarter goal
+ Ryan's mark in front of my seat
+ Some of our tackling

- Some of our tackling
- Not enough risky/arrogant kicks
- Not kicking 100 points again
- Venables injury

Back