Autopsy Positives and Negatives Vs Norf round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely different game to last week when he was able to rack up intercept marks. The conditions at Metricon just didn’t lend themselves to that. Barrass was fine, he’s in good form
This week, 3-kicks, 1- handball, 1-mark, 5m gained.
Last week, 9-kicks, 6- handballs, 7- marks, 132m gained.
Same thursday night time schedule, same state albiet Metricon vs GABBA

Conditions not so different as to have that much affect I wouldn't have thought.

Any way, still prefer last weeks Barrass.

Can we afford to go into finals and not play Schoey? He's got that look in his eye. Knows it's probably his last year, don't think he'd mind taking a few down on his way out.

Could possibly have him replace Rotham down back.

Be stiff for Rotham but Schoey loves playing on the edge.

Speaking of Rotham, someone needs to get the kid a protein shake, a set of dumbbells and a gift certificate to Dark Sharks's 45 minutes boot camp. Kid is skinny AF, looks a heap lighter than last year.

The number of marks North had in the F50 was a worry. In the absence of McGovern I was hoping Schofield or even Rotham could step up. Not to be. It's a worry going into finals.
The defence looked brittle last night. McGovern out and also Duggan and Cole in the midfield. McGovern cleans up behind himself as well as either spoiling or marking. Schofield was able to spoil but then there was nothing behind him to block up and the ball got to the deep forward area far too easily. I know it was Foley’s first game but he was miles off it, maybe even more than Brayshaw.

I don't know but did anyone else notice a lot of holding the man off the ball??

It's interesting that you mention that, because I also noticed that quite a bit.

One particular instance was when we were 14 points down, with 5+ minutes left to play, and 25 metres out directly in front of the North goals.

1600392749616.png

It's interesting that you mention that, because I also noticed that quite a bit.

One particular instance was when we were 14 points down, with 5+ minutes left to play, and 25 metres out directly in front of the North goals.

View attachment 964295
Yeah should have been paid, remember seeing the jumper stretch and thinking that will be paid- nup.

Really, you should have been 13 points down after that.

Really, you should have been 13 points down after that.

Very good. :D:thumbsu:

Except it was Larkey, who is about the only bloke in our current forward line who I would back in to kick it.

West Coast went alright with the impostors that classify themselves as "umpires" last night. There's no argument to be had there.

View attachment 964295
Haha, I saw that one, shoulda been paid. Doesn't take away from the fact Nic is getting held a lot especially under long balls down the line. It's been happening for a few weeks, once coaches see that being ignored they'd be negligent not to instruct their players to do it.

Very good. :D:thumbsu:

Except it was Larkey, who is about the only bloke in our current forward line who I would back in to kick it.

West Coast went alright with the impostors that classify themselves as "umpires" last night. There's no argument to be had there.
Jeez I dont know about that- no argument that they were bloody awful but it certainly wasnt 1 way traffic.
The most obvious deliberate OOB I have seen for years wasn't paid against Kangas and then moments later a pretty dicey one paid against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't take away from the fact Nic is getting held a lot especially under long balls down the line. It's been happening for a few weeks, once coaches see that being ignored they'd be negligent not to instruct their players to do it.

Okay.

1600393832600.png

1600393871609.png

Jeez I dont know about that- no argument that they were bloody aweful but it certainly wasnt 1 way traffic.
The most obvious out on the full I have seen for years wasn't paid against Kangas and then moments later a pretty dicey one paid against us.

Yep, Jye "The Faux Enforcer" Simpkin clear deliberate after picking it up and throwing it in the boot, Sheppard off the ground under more pressure and deliberate called.

Trade Targets:

All currently out of contract at the end of 2021

1. Robertson
  2. Rivers
  3. Sharp
  4. Powell
Given we haven't drafted with a first round pick for a number of years, I would preference 1 or 2 of the above over the draft.
We have to use 2021 and 2022 first rounders in the draft unfortunately. Hopefully we can screw over Melbourne for rivers with a 2nd .
Or Robertson but not as keen on him as rivers .
Narkle would be a bloody good stop gap for next year IMO . Could get him for a future 3rd and not a huge salary . He is also great mates with Kelly

I'm mildly stunned that some of you folk are bitching about umpire bias.

Anyway, they're the biggest blight on the sport regardless of who is getting reamed at the time.

Ah Chee has mastered the hospital handpass.
Fell like I'm being harsh but Ah Chee is such a frustrating player to watch. He reminds me of some of the kids I used to coach in junior footy, get to the contest with no idea what to do next so just throw themselves into it, wave their arms around and fall over "look how hard I'm trying coach", if by a quirk of fate he does manage to take possession, 9 times out of ten he panic handballs to no one in particular.
I saw an interview with him a few weeks ago and he seems a nice bloke with a reasonable grip on what they are trying to achieve on the ground but in the heat of battle he doesn't have the footy smarts.

Ah Chee's supposed big handball is possibly the most underused skill in the team, along with Petch's pace.

And for a guy who can apparently handball 30m+, he misses 2m handballs way too often.

fu** I wondered how long it'd take before the real Meltdown Mario would start his bullshit.

Try to lift your game to something approaching adult football discussion mate.

Try to lift your game to something approaching adult football discussion mate.

You show 2 random arse still pics of the 2 ruckmen touching each other in rebuttal to a poster's comment about Naitanui being stifled in marking contests, then state we got "the rub of the green" with umpires. If anything it was pretty much even.

You show 2 random arse still pics of the 2 ruckmen touching each other in rebuttal to a poster's comment about Naitanui being stifled in marking contests, then state we got "the rub of the green" with umpires. If anything it was pretty much even.

Natanui himself is an excellent blocker for the likes of McGovern & Darling, and if you look reeaaaaly closely, you will see that he consistently initiates body contact first, which makes bloody good sense for a bloke the size of a small mountain.

All sides do it to some extent, and I would be more than happy to see the rule looked at because Ben Brown would have kicked another 100 odd goals in the previous 3 seasons. They check his run when the ball is still 30 metres away!!!!

I legit reckon Ah Chee has the worst handball efficiency in the league. It's truly awful. Often after he's done a good ground ball win.

Half the time its not even impeded by a tackler either, just a standard 2m handball.

If there was a handball equivalent of Brayden's kicking, its Ah Chees handball.

For a bloke who constantly gets mentioned as a gun handballer because he can thump it 40m, it's a very poor.

In fact, I now support Baldivis Brumbies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back