Autopsy Positives and Negatives Vs Norf round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

- I know i had him in the positives as well but i really don't see a future for Ainsworth at AFL level and hope he isn't retained. It's his 3rd season and he's pushed off the ball and monstered like a first year player. He doesn't have the skills or confidence, and is a real momentum killer. "Best clearance player in his draft" who had 3 contested possessions from his 11, 0 clearances and constantly lost his feet and went to ground in 1v1 situations :heavymultiply:

Our strength and conditioning guys flat out suck.

Nobody gets anything approaching adequate AFL strength until years 4-5 under our system unless they arrive at the club with it.

I bet we spend a lot of time on the bosu ball.

Yeah.

Name one bloke who the club has noticeably developed and improved his strength.

Shuey, Darling, Yeo and Pridda already had strong cores from their first games.

Barrass perhaps? Hard to find many mids.

Duggan is a good example actually. He's much stronger now, but it's probably taken a while.

Yeah.

Duggan is a good example actually. He's much stronger now, but it's probably taken a while.
There’s no way Ainsworth has put on any real size since he was drafted though. If anything looks like he’s gotten skinnier. Petch/Brander too. wtf campaigners

God no.

Brander SHOULD be a monster by now FFS, in the rangy Jeremy Cameron mold. Instead he's Jarrod Grant.

Ainsworth has been on our list for almost 3 seasons and has only gotten skinnier.

His core strength also looks dreadful after he was pushed around, fell over or got bullied 1v1 by "huge" mids like Polec, Simpkin and Anderson...

Last edited:
Yeah.

Other-elliot-yeo-20171215-111909-750x500.jpg

Yeah.

Redden? For a skinny mid he pretty strong.

God no.

Brander SHOULD be a monster by now FFS, in the rangy Jeremy Cameron mold. Instead he's Jarrod Grant.

Ainsworth has been on our list for almost 3 seasons and has only gotten skinnier.

His core strgnths also looks dreadful after he was pushed around, fell over or got bullied 1v1 by "huge" mids like Polec, Simpkin and Anderson...
At least with Ainsworth you can see his endurance develop to AFL standard and even above average, even if it looks like it has come at a cost of body shape.

When you look at Branders physical development and attack on the ball compared to Oscar Allen, it is stark. Quite frankly it is questionable whether he will make it now.

Fell like I'm being harsh but Ah Chee is such a frustrating player to watch. He reminds me of some of the kids I used to coach in junior footy, get to the contest with no idea what to do next so just throw themselves into it, wave their arms around and fall over "look how hard I'm trying coach", if by a quirk of fate he does manage to take possession, 9 times out of ten he panic handballs to no one in particular.
I saw an interview with him a few weeks ago and he seems a nice bloke with a reasonable grip on what they are trying to achieve on the ground but in the heat of battle he doesn't have the footy smarts.

Not harsh at all Seadog your right on the money.

His first efforts are always good, but then his second effort or piece of play in a sequence, is often a turnover or a momentum killer by stoping propping and a pointless hand pass to someone else who is in a worse spot than him..

His best football is when he simply plays - see ball - get ball, then first option..... because he does not do "finesse" well.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Waterman. I think it was the missing ingredient for him. Built his endurance in second/third year and has now filled out enough to be able to win the contested marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm mildly stunned that some of you folk are bitching about umpire bias.

Anyway, they're the biggest blight on the sport regardless of who is getting reamed at the time.

I’m mildly stunned that the umpires were the reason you lost your 14th game in 15.

God no.

His core strength also looks dreadful after he was pushed around, fell over or got bullied 1v1 by "huge" mids like Polec, Simpkin and Anderson...

But I'm sure Ainers and all the boys functional strength is elite. Pistol squats and bosu ball tricks out the wazoo.

Waterman I will pay but look at his old man. There's thiccness in them genes. Same for Duggo.

I'm a big Waterman fan. I feel people don't take him as seriously because he was an absolute bargain basement pick and not high profile.

If he was a first rounder we'd all be rapt with his development as 3rd tall forward after 4 seasons. Despite his quiet game vs the roos.

Played 38 games in the blue and gold now for 37 goals.

I'm a big Waterman fan. I feel people don't take him as seriously because he was an absolute bargain basement pick and not high profile.

If he was a first rounder we'd all be rapt with his development as 3rd tall forward after 4 seasons. Despite his quiet game vs the roos.

Going at a goal per game despite the fact that he’s hardly a forward target, and does as much of the sacrificial downfield link up running as anyone.

Has been vital in the absence of Cripps and will only get better alongside him.

Natanui himself is an excellent blocker for the likes of McGovern & Darling, and if you look reeaaaaly closely, you will see that he consistently initiates body contact first, which makes bloody good sense for a bloke the size of a small mountain.

All sides do it to some extent, and I would be more than happy to see the rule looked at because Ben Brown would have kicked another 100 odd goals in the previous 3 seasons. They check his run when the ball is still 30 metres away!!!!

What's with that floppy haired campaigner & him starting his run 30m from where he should be?

*snorting bull face*

I’m mildly stunned that the umpires were the reason you lost your 14th game in 15.

Where did I say they were the reason?

The reason West Coast even got remotely close is because of 1) Liam Ryan, 2) our goalkicking & 3) our game plan.

All the umpiring decisions in the world would not have mattered if those 3 factors had not intervened.

Where did I say they were the reason?

The reason West Coast even got remotely close is because of 1) Liam Ryan, 2) our goalkicking & 3) our game plan.

All the umpiring decisions in the world would not have mattered if those 3 factors had not intervened.

“The only reason the opponent got close was because of how bad we were” is a weird way to console yourself after your 14th loss in 15 games. As though you could have won but you just didn’t because of a some errors creeping in?

Dunno. Doesn’t make sense to me. I’d suggest the reason North lost was because they’re panicky skillless garbage and have been all year. Then again, I’m sure if you opened up that famous war chest and signed Liam Ryan you’d be right back on top of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back