Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Sent Brad Scott week out in style. Ur in heaven wiv da angles now.
+ Josh Kennedy kicking seven was pretty remarkable given his funeral was three weeks ago.
+ Loved Jetta’s game
+ Loved Hickey’s game
+ Very quietly and methodically put them to bed. There is a precision to our best football that just chokes the life out of opponents.
+ TB going the fist 200 times was a fun change of pace
+ Sheed, Redden, Gaff, Yeo, Masten all good. Rare that we’d flog a side with Shuey our quietest mid.
+ Willie GOTY
+ Second place; not bad given season over.

- Still susceptible to marks inside fifty, which is staggering given our personnel.
- Wish we didn’t have these fade outs, even though I think they’re universal and in no way a trait of the Eagles, just a trait of the comp this year. Could be absolutely mauling sides without them.
- JK didn’t kick 10.
- Cameron and Petch really starting to fade out of games now
- Accuracy after half time was great so bit unfair to complain, but we left a lot of goals out there early.

Second place, JK 601 goals, fire up campaigners.

Negative

Posts such as this:

Norths might pump us this weekend...got this feeling.

I’d say our lads deserve more from us

Get behind them, they’ve ******* earned it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke up to see the score. Great result and into second. Percentage going to be so crucial. Doors will really open if the cats wobble again tomorrow.

only three negatives in this game really:

Horrible performance by Josh Kennedy yet again. How could he even play AFL anymore??according to that Muppet BF member I don't want to name he should have retired ages ago. Prior to this game, JK was in such a bad form that when I looked at AFL Coleman ladder, he was sitting 9th position. There is frustration when someone plays bad, then there is stupid comments about JK should retire. On top of all that, trying to argue your point till nth degree and not admitting to your either extreme case of Hyperbole or stupidity is more frustrating. Al of those who called for his retirement should apologies now and ban themselves for a week.

another horrible performance by Lewis Jetta. How on earth did Eagles recruit him and gave up Sinclair. Just like JK, it is not always about 700 touches that you would like to see from a player with 100% efficiency. what Jetta brings to game is unique. He breaks lines with his elite ballsy kicking.

and finally, what a horrible first goal by Rioli, it is laughable this will be nominated for goal of the year. :)

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!!! and you know who you are. Go Eagles.

Won by 50 should of won by more. Don't say that often. Took the game on with some risky kicks that most of the time came off. Rioli and Ryan's lowering of the eyes was incredible. Allen and Waterman need to buy them a beer or two.

Had the best of them 90% of the game just didn't take our chances. Almost all their goals were counter attack in broken play.

Liked how all our forwards got amongst it.

Cameron was quiet but that was because our other forwards were clunking it. Only so much ball to go around. Still bobbed up a bit.

As for whipping boys Masten had a good game, had some good tap on's that lead to goals. Schofield was more accountable but was helped by some pretty lackluster i50s from NM. Still were some lapses where Zurhaar or Brown (of all people) got loose. You know how we took on the game with some risky kicks that mostly paid off? Thats because we have the right people taking the risks, Nelson you are not one of them.

+ JK600
+ Willie in the middle
+ Willie selling some CANDY
+ Nelson looking better each week
+ Percentage
+ Beef and gravy roll was beautiful
+ my last home game for the season (for real this time) was watching my dads team get smacked
+ I’m the only happy family member in my house tonight
+ Hickey did well again

- we won by too much, backed us by 1-39
- JK didn’t get his annual bag of 10
- gee I’m clutching at straws here
- Cameron quiet?

One from left field but I thought Masten was strong today.

Has actually put together a surprisingly good month. Whatever they said to him when they sent him back has breathed new life, because he isn’t close to the fringe lately. Solidly going about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back