Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Won by 50 should of won by more. Don't say that often. Took the game on with some risky kicks that most of the time came off. Rioli and Ryan's lowering of the eyes was incredible. Allen and Waterman need to buy them a beer or two.

Had the best of them 90% of the game just didn't take our chances. Almost all their goals were counter attack in broken play.

Liked how all our forwards got amongst it.

Cameron was quiet but that was because our other forwards were clunking it. Only so much ball to go around. Still bobbed up a bit.

As for whipping boys Masten had a good game, had some good tap on's that lead to goals. Schofield was more accountable but was helped by some pretty lackluster i50s from NM. Still were some lapses where Zurhaar or Brown (of all people) got loose. You know how we took on the game with some risky kicks that mostly paid off? Thats because we have the right people taking the risks, Nelson you are not one of them.
Nelson belongs in the emac and d.glass school of “kicking right the fokk inside of your ability son” school of kicking

Credit where credit is due, Masten has put together the best month of footy I have seen from him for a very long time. Hoping he can keep it up when Hutchings returns.
Not going to lie I thought he was done and I don't think it was the wrong opinion at the time but credit to him he has turned it around.

I hate how he has to be dropped before he puts in 100% at the 1% ers

I feel like camerons tackling has shamed him out to go harder - but as a senior player this s**t should go the other way.

He’s eligible for the rising star isn’t he? I know Walsh is the run away winner at the moment but Stack was being talked up on Friday.. would’ve thought Oscar is in that same conversation in regards to the chasing pack.
Needs to be nominated first...

I hate how he has to be dropped before he puts in 100% at the 1% ers

I feel like camerons tackling has shamed him out to go harder - but as a senior player this s**t should go the other way.
Is that what you really think happened?

caught bit and pieces of the game. Even if we lose to Richmond we should have a better percentage than them after round 23. This big win really set us up for top 2 as i see brisbane dropping at least 1 of their last 2 games against Richmond and Geelong. An ideal scenario would be us finishing 2nd and Brisbane 3rd. Would walk into a prelim at Optus.

Is that what you really think happened?
I feel like cameron and other young blokes attempts have inspired/ shamed him yes.

He was coasting through games as far as tackling efforts went (i understand his running efforts are beyond question)

Pressure from below is a good thing

Hes clearly picked his game up in that department.

Ffs his efforts in that regard were flawless in the gf

I question players who need to be reminded contantly.

A question for you larrikin - do you think his tackling has improved?

caught bit and pieces of the game. Even if we lose to Richmond we should have a better percentage than them after round 23. This big win really set us up for top 2 as i see brisbane dropping at least 1 of their last 2 games against Richmond and Geelong. An ideal scenario would be us finishing 2nd and Brisbane 3rd. Would walk into a prelim at Optus.

I really want to eliminate richmond in an ef

Or if nothing else just hurt them in a prelim.

Id love nothing better than to beat them on their shitheap in a coupla weeks then thrash them in a final at optus

Then tell them - thats when ya get to say “that team would have beaten you anywhere”

When you have actually beaten someone away from your safe space!!!!

Gf win would be the ultimate.

Positives:
+ JK comes out of retirement to kick 7 and his 600th career goal.
+ Willie’s return to form after his interrupted P/S.
+ Jacko Nelson. Looking so much more confident at this level. He doesn’t panic with ball in hand and is making good decisions. Good on him.
+ Jetta is just so deadly off half back. Went at 95% efficiency today. And Rioli just as deadly going I50.
+ Hickey, great again. Was sceptical about bringing him over, he has proved me wrong, thankfully.
+ Midfield.
+ Old man Schoey back in the 22.
+ Yeo burning campaigners down the wing.
+ Darling has returned to early ‘18 form. Beast mode goal in the first.
+ Tom can sexually Barrass me when he wants. Would boof.
+ Frankys game was probably better last week, but it’s still bloody good to see him get his opportunity.
+ When we’re on, we’re *ing on lads. Reminded me of the prelim at times with our ball movement. Party tricks as would be described for other teams, but it’s just what these players are capable of. Look no further than Snake Watermans cross to Willie who then dances around some campaigners to kick a contender for GoTY. Such an exciting team to watch when it all clicks for us. Reminds me of when the Mighty Ducks would pull out all the party tricks in the last game of each movie.

Negatives:
- Cameron looked sore all game and didn’t have an impact again. Still would keep him in until Cripps is back.
- Letting the oppo score too easily at times.

A question for you @larrikin - do you think his tackling has improved?
May I answer?

Absolutely

I don’t think though he has been shamed, moreso invigorated

Great signs of a great club with great culture

The best coaching display I have seen all year.

Simpson utilised the wide open spaces of Optus with his running players to pick apart our lack of outside run.

Nothing quite like waking up and the social feeds are mostly JK and stats from his game yesterday.

Bloody remarkable achievement, considering the past fortnights efforts and ON a very good defender in Tarrant.

We love you JK you bloody hack.

Retire already.

Love,

WCE BF board ♥

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They could have dug up John Coleman, and he would have kicked 5 goals, considering the silver service supplied by the Eagles running midfielders yesterday.

Your coach is worth 5-7 goals to your team. He's now on a par with Clarkson.

They could have dug up John Coleman, and he would have kicked 5 goals, considering the silver service supplied by the Eagles running midfielders yesterday.

Your coach is worth 5-7 goals to your team. He's now on a par with Clarkson.
Not quite Snakey

Few flags short.

Appreciate the kind words however.

He IS West Coast now.

He's back to playing pure wing. It suits him.

The most notable change for me is the physical intent. I think it was the Hawks game someone called him out for not going back with the flight of the ball and then Oscar taking his mark going back.

Since his return, I’ve noticed him running back with the flight, competing in the air better, hitting up tackles much hard (some still miss) and going to the ball much harder when it is a 50/50 contest.

I think we try and keep it simple for the players. Another example would be Barrass played a much better game today, other than Schoey being a more accountable defender helping his game, he just went the spoil more often to start. Simple instructions just hit the packs hard and kill the contest.

I liked Yeo's game again. His run on the wing pure arrogance. An up and about angry Yeo is the best mid in the comp.
Speaking of Yeo

Poetry in mother******* motion

C43737C7-D4E4-463D-B23C-E905FE82FABD.jpeg

Getting chased by Brown, sums up yesterday perfectly.

Get a new camera for your birthday mate?
Nah just laying with me youngest daughter chilling 😂

May I answer?

Absolutely

I don’t think though he has been shamed, moreso invigorated

Great signs of a great club with great culture

That would be my thoughts. Simmo isn’t a hard arse, screaming in face kind of coach, so think it is more the positive criticism that gets the best out of players.

He’s eligible for the rising star isn’t he? I know Walsh is the run away winner at the moment but Stack was being talked up on Friday.. would’ve thought Oscar is in that same conversation in regards to the chasing pack.
Did he play 10+ games last year? If so he is ineligible.

Also not from a big vic club.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back