Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Man I truly hope Chess is a slow burn but atm he is tracking like a bust

That's been my opinion for quite some time, the masses haven't caught on yet though.

Hopefully he's just a slow burn, can stay injury free over the pre season and make us look like straight up campaigners in 2024.

He’s coming on well 👍 It’s a small group who have been anti him since the moment he was drafted and have continued denigrating him since who have written him off, no shock there really 🤷‍♂️
Half way through the last quarter in-between the wing and half back all he had to do was take the ball, didn't touch it, North kick a goal. The 1 meter rule nothing else matters but the ball. You should only see the ball when it is within 1 meter of you. Took his eyes off it. Can't do that when playing with the big dogs. Yes he is only young and inexperienced, hopefully he can improve.

Half way through the last quarter in-between the wing and half back all he had to do was take the ball, didn't touch it, North kick a goal. The 1 meter rule nothing else matters but the ball. You should only see the ball when it is within 1 meter of you. Took his eyes off it. Can't do that when playing with the big dogs. Yes he is only young and inexperienced, hopefully he can improve.

Absolutely. He like all of our young players have a lot of development and improvement in them 👍

You're right, probably shouldn't have taken that risk with finals just around the corner...
We got into the injury hole by doing dumb things with managing players including overworking them. Selecting an unfit Yeo could have lead to either him or another player having to overload themselves and end up on the injury list again. I'm a bit sick of the club doing everything it can to avoid learning the lesson.

I didn't watch the whole game but Chesser was impressive with ball in hand and seems to be adjusting to the speed and physicality of the game.

Compared to how he started the season I'd say I'm now more confident than not. The end product in what role isn't know but I can see him making the grade.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yes he looks heaps better than the start of the year. Still a fair way to go but hopefully with an un-interrupted run over the next year or so he takes strides

We got into the injury hole by doing dumb things with managing players including overworking them. Selecting an unfit Yeo could have lead to either him or another player having to overload themselves and end up on the injury list again. I'm a bit sick of the club doing everything it can to avoid learning the lesson.
Actually, we got into the injury hole from the first derby, which was exacerbated by a lack of player availability and no option to manage minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative: old bloke sitting behind me with nothing positive to say all match. Looked a bit like if you ordered colonel sanders from Wish.

Jack Williams, Maric copped the “useless” tag ALL match.

Get this is a trying time for all fans at the minute, but these are just a couple of 18/19 year old blokes trying to do their best.

Sometimes I don’t understand why some come to “support” but spend the day ropeable because a 19 year old missed a set shot.

Bazzo is 19 and has had a rough year, personally and being throw in the deep end professionally.

Jack Williams however really impressed me today, sliding marks good over head competing, double efforts, good job by the young lad
Jack Williams looking like a future CHF

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bazzo is 19 and has had a rough year, personally and being throw in the deep end professionally.

Jack Williams however really impressed me today, sliding marks good over head competing, double efforts, good job by the young lad
Yeah I’d hope Bazzo can just finish the year in the Beagles. An awful lot has been asked of him given Gov and TB seem to be unreliable part timers (and also his personal situation).
I think with a bit more weight and strength he could be a pretty useful defender.

Thought game swung depending on umpires. God they were inconsistent and apparently your can push in the back except a rock contest.

Yep, no pushing in the back, hands on guitar at all times.

bc2bf777-fd30-46ed-869e-66faea8884b0_text.gif

Funny game. Looking at the scores you’d think there was a 40 knot westerly blowing. Only a single point was scored at the city end in the second half as momentum was king

Twice we blew the lead out to 5 goals and looked ready to cruise to a comfortable win and twice we were nearly run down. Poor finishing in front of goal nearly cost us

What was most pleasing was the intent from senior and junior players alike to earn a much needed win that whilst meaningless in terms of ladder position gives the players, and the club as a whole, some small measure of respite

From an individual point of view -

• Gaff rediscovered his mojo and had a positive contribution. Only two players (Kelly and Hunt) had more metres gained
• Sheed was steady at least without being the liability of recent weeks. Six tackles is an improvement
• Hunt rebounded well off half back and pushed forward to be a scoring threat as well. No surprise he had a game high 9 score involvements
• Yeo got through the game and whilst rusty early he stood up when we needed him most late in the game
• Hewett is continuing to improve week to week and his acceleration around stoppages is something we’ve lacked. Great 3rd quarter goal
• Kelly was a driving force in the 3rd quarter in particular but was strong all game. Leading contested possession winner on the ground
• Allen presented all day and took a couple of towering marks. His radar was a bit off though and he left a couple of goals out there
• Duggan was ok I think. Might be better on a rewatch
• Great game from Cripps. One of our best
• Edwards started very well but faded a little. Still some nice signs from a youngster that’s had an interrupted season
• Chesser had a quietish game but he’s learning on the job. That kick inboard during the last quarter is a sign of what he can contribute
• Tough day at the office for Hough trying to keep a leash on Curtis but still had some good moments
• Petch showed enough to keep persevering with as he learns a midfield role
• Witherden was important in an undersized defence
• O’Neill I thought had a decent game. Snapped a nice goal and I thought he went to LDU in the 3rd and helped limit his influence around stoppages. Would have had 2 goals if our forwards had the wherewithal to shepherd on the goal line
• Hurn was sublime. Outstanding effort from the wily veteran to keep Larkey in check
• Darling wound back the clock and looked like the 2018 Darling in the 1st quarter. Nice to see there’s some fight still in him
• Cole had his best game for the year. Was calm under pressure and provided some good run
• The Williams brothers are becoming a pretty decent pairing. Bailey was especially good around the ground with his follow up work despite conceding the hitouts. Compare todays game to R1 when he was quite awful to see how far he’s come on. Jack is steadily coming on as well but should’ve kicked that goal in the 2nd
• Bazzo was a surprise early sub. Wasn’t going badly but he looks like a young guy who’d like to put this year behind him for obvious reasons
• Noah ******* Long. I love this kid
• Maric. See Long. Has a great feel for the game and is going to be a weapon with a couple of preseasons under his belt

Just nice to be talking about a win for a welcome change. Four weeks to go

That quarter Curtis kicked one on Duggan, one on Yeo, one on Hough and the other was hard to tell who he was on (received a handball from LDU and kicked from 55-60m out and it rolled through).
So very tough on Hough

And LDU should’ve been pinged for holding the ball for than one from outside 50

Yeo pushed in the back in the marking contest he kicked his 4th from

As an Everton fan I've become accustomed to players hanging on with a few good games after long periods of poor form. Michael Keane prime example.

The likes of Gaff and Darling still require phasing out as a priority in 2024. Hurn should retire in spite of his job on Larkey. Etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back