Positives and Negatives vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea if it's been discussed or not, but just noticed that unused medical subs still get counted as a game played for those players?
It's listed on the Eagles website as such, so Jones in round 1 and Ah Chee in round 2 who didn't get subbed on has a game added to their tally.
Surely this can't be official?
If it is, an uncapped player could be an unused medical sub and be considered to have made their debut?

Yeah, as has been mentioned - all true.

I feel for the poor Hawks ‘debutante’ who was dragged into the centre of the circle to sing the team song. You could see he didn’t think he debuted but his teammates didn’t know what else to do with him.

Was good to beat port.

Everyone goes on like weve got the wood on them coz of those 2 after the siren games but other than that they've bashed us of late.

Think the guys lifted last night and maybe had not much left late.

Hopefully they can rest up for a tough game v saints that you know will come out firing

I've said this in my head a while and last night proved my thoughts were correct.

Brander should be playing on ball mainly with time spent as a half forward and winger. He looks to have added on some size tbh, he can be our Bont/Cripps.

Not even joking, he's taller than both of them, he 196/197cm and hes quick, let him play in there.

I like Brander but his kicking action is almost like Ainsworths. Its no wonder his goal accuracy has been poor.

I thought the same thing about him and his kicking, didnt really rate it

But watching a few of his 2's games live last month he can definitely strike the ball well/pure. its kinda a stabby action that isnt pretty but the end result is good.

Ainsworth on the other hand has a much bigger margin for error in his kick and is slow to get ball to boot

Negative:
- Stocksy is at it again.

Keen readers of the in-house comms from WC will remember that Gary Stocks had the most bizarre write up of this week’s midweek training session (something about Ian Thorpe and white lines, and then squishing digits). I’m pretty sure he was held hostage somewhere and we were supposed to decode the first letter from each sentence or something and save him.

Now, in his 5 things we learned article, he has praised Barass and McGovern for limiting Charlie Dixon to one goal.

I can’t remember Dixon even kicking a behind, let alone a goal. The AFL website has him scoreless, as does the Mongrel Punt (a good, unbiased read, btw).

Are we all crazy or is this week a cry for help from Stocksy?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pos_Brander.Coulda sworn he was Yo at times.Got the talent mate now get the work ethic.Chase,tackle,work hard like Yo and Shuey.
Negs_Shuey
- Not a great neg but Rotham needs to get al bit more physical.He grabs hold instead of pushing in with the body.Plus he concedes possession.Put in the hard yards and don’t take your eye off the ball. There’s always the chance your opponext could drop the mark or be more affected in the contest by you coming hard.
_Love beating the Adelaide Dockers.Hurn set the standard early when Dixon tried to run through a tackle but Hurn held firm.Set the standard.
_Love the half time comment from one commentator “this is a reminder what a powerful team this is” Chardy anyone..

A new mythical beast is born - Brander with that look in his eyes.

Did as couple if 96-00 Kouta esque things.

Marking on the lead, snapping goals from 40 out, breaking tackles with the ball in one hand. Never expected him to be an aggressive inside player.
Gee.

A new mythical beast is born - Brander with that look in his eyes.

Did as couple if 96-00 Kouta esque things.

Marking on the lead, snapping goals from 40 out, breaking tackles with the ball in one hand. Never expected him to be an aggressive inside player.
Let's not undersell Brander's game :rolleyesv1:

There were moments in 2020 I thought you could see Brander definitely getting more comfortable at AFL level. Glad to see he’s taken that momentum forward and play a complete game.

And yes I also noted during the game he did look a lot like Yeo out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back