Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Cole might get the RS nomination this week.

21 disposals (9 contested) at 81% efficiency, 4 marks and 2 inside 50s, pretty damn good game overall. I had a look at the stats for eligible players this round, and from a brief look, Cole got the most disposals.

Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark and Jack Henry would also be a chance after good outings.

Last edited:
Think Cole might get the RS nomination this week.

24 disposals (9 contested) at 81% efficiency, 4 marks and 2 inside 50s, pretty damn good game overall. I had a look at the stats for eligible players this round, and from a brief look, Cole got the most disposals.

Nick Coffield, Hunter Clark and Jack Henry would also be a chance after good outings.
Jack Henry will get it.

Looks the most likely. Got 7 more marks and 3 extra tackles over Cole, going purely off stats.

Still reckon he's a decent chance IMO.
Watched parts of the Cats game and he kinda looked like a Lever type in defence. He deserves it.

Also think cole got 21 touches and not 24.

IMO Cole will get one soon through consistently.

Watched parts of the Cats game and he kinda looked like a Lever type in defence. He deserves it.

Also think cole got 21 touches and not 24.

IMO Cole will get one soon through consistently.

I barely watched the Cats game actually, probably didn't see how good Henry was.

Also, cheers for pointing out the mistake.

I barely watched the Cats game actually, probably didn't see how good Henry was.

Also, cheers for pointing out the mistake.
I was in and out of it but it seemed like he marked every GWS forward thrust.

Love Rioli's physicality.

At the end of that second quarter, Darling wraps up one of their KPDs in a standing tackle, manages to wrench the ball free and turns for goal, the ump blows the whistle for HTB (I don't know why, there was no prior), the Port player looks at the umpire stunned both at the decision and Jack having picked his pocket, and Rioli just comes in and shirt fronts him onto his arse while Jack kicks the goal. Funny stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that where he played as a junior?
I would have thought most players that size drafted played midfield as juniors,
if you could only be a half back flank as a junior I doubt you would be drafted.
that still doesn't mean you will cut it as a mid with the big boys though.

Is that where he played as a junior?
Dunno Biggie,but he looks so at home i couldnt see him not staying there for good chunks of a game.He seems to have a few of Mitchells traits in that he doesnt blast away and short passes a lot to retain possession.Give him 50-100 games and i think he will really shine.A lot is said of his composure and disposal but he is also very hard at it.

Love Rioli's physicality.

At the end of that second quarter, Darling wraps up one of their KPDs in a standing tackle, manages to wrench the ball free and turns for goal, the ump blows the whistle for HTB (I don't know why, there was no prior), the Port player looks at the umpire stunned both at the decision and Jack having picked his pocket, and Rioli just comes in and shirt fronts him onto his arse while Jack kicks the goal. Funny stuff.
Agree. He put on a few good hits including one on one of our blokes.

Avishka; Cole is a midfielder.Get used to it!!
At this stage nothing but few stints in there. Tbh I have been a firm believer since 2016 that he should have been playing in the guts for EP. The first step atm is to get him on a wing and contest a couple of CBD’s.

Anyone else fear than Nelson will end up like pittard? Pittard did have a patch of good form once but his bad use of the footy and dumb footy brain makes him a liability and I fear Nelson might just end up that way.

However, Nelson is much tougher player and better defensively. Surely the club needs to work on his 2 biggest weaknesses before it’s too late.

This is going to pretty funny but I’m not against us drafting a classy half back flanker now that Bunga is getting on. Duggan has is issues with kicking atm but we know he has good skills but other than him and Cole, the likes of Watto and Mutimer are average kicks and decision makers.

Re the quietish crowd. Even with the bigger stadium, the bulk of our membership a long termers who have been members for 15+ years.

As a consequence, the average age of our crowd would be higher than most. Not to mention that its pretty understandable that someone who goes to every footy game for 15+ years loses a bit of that full on passion to scream their lungs out every week.

Double edged sword of having a loyal fan base. I mean a bunch of crotchety old campaigners complain the joint is too loud, so its not surprising they don't vocalise much.

Apparently the deathly silence is influencing the umps tho haha

It’s absolutely mad how our crowd are all 70 years old, sipping chardonnay in silence as our new stadium goes to waste, but also the most feral and influencing crowd in footy, changing results at will with our noise of affirmation.

7/10, needs more tin foil.

It’s absolutely mad how our crowd are all 70 years old, sipping chardonnay in silence as our new stadium goes to waste, but also the most feral and influencing crowd in footy, changing results at will with our noise of affirmation.

7/10, needs more tin foil.
Also when we go to victoria the crowds are closer to 50/50

Also when we go to victoria the crowds are closer to 50/50

It’s just a more cultured football viewing crowd over there.

They know how to sit back and take in the spectacle, so the travelling masses of silent chardonnay feral Eagles fans still influence in Victoria.

Negative
After a really good first half we stayed in the change rooms for the 3rd qtr, just like the Geelong game.

Shoo = Boo Hoo :'( please don't be too bad.

Positive
We got a second wind and ran over the top of them. Although a better team like Tigers may not let us back in if we do that to them.

Cole and Rioli are now auto starts for mine. Exactly what we have been craving these past few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back