Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

I was gonba do this properly but liked this more.
20180525_101116.jpg

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Uuuhhhh ... what? o_O
I did say it might have been one "of many reasons". Which GF are you referring to? I was talking about the 2017 GF, Crows vs Richmond.

1) yes, I think they do. Teams who've regularly contested finals since 2000 (Hawks, Sydney, WCE, Geelong) or take a hat trick (Hawks, Brisbane) all showed mental toughness and the ability to lift a gear to win a game from behind. In 2017, I think the Crows lacked that mental toughness and went into the GF weakened by injury, disunited by the Lever controversy and also expected to win based on the Round 6 clobbering they gave Richmond.
2) I agree, naming some of those factors above.
I never got the impression that the teams above ever played like "We-should-win-this". Their attitude was "We have to win this!" --- it was a necessity which enabled them to beat strong opponents and hammer weaker teams eg Brisbane at the Gabba, and your blokes at Subiaco when you dominated.
no sweat, my bad..misread it..I edited earlier realising you had said ''one of many reasons'..I was talking about 2015 GF, I think the team and coach were harshly judged by many.. enjoyed your post.

Back