Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

How? If Geelong lose to Blues?
Jeez man I'm not sure. I did a ladder predictor before the game and had you guys 2nd and us 3rd.
But then I also had us 6th...

I don't see how that can happen now.
You're right mate. Almost impossible now.
Geelong vs Richmond at MCG (*en lol)
Brisbane vs WCE at Gabba (you will beat them)

Unless you lose to Brisbane.
We will play Essendon if we lose.
Let's not consider that for a second.
I hate them more than my mother in law.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
-'s:

- Whole back line, but specifically:
- Barrass literally cost us 3/4 goals himself, had one of the worst personal games of AFL I've ever seen anyone play
- Hurn just hasn't looked right since his return from injury, not sure what's going on there
- Kennedy is almost completely cooked. There is no one else to replace him and structurally he still works but he is a dead set liability at the moment. Needs to turn the corner fast if we're to go deep in September
- Our midfield was pretty rubbish today, Not one player can say they dominated or even really won their position.
- Of the games we've played against the top 8 teams this year, we have lost 5. 3 of them very badly.
- We haven't played 4 quarters of football all 2019. Very worrying if we don't finish top 2 to have a chance at making the big dance again.
- Not avoiding the game day thread like i promised to prevent myself making hyperbolic, emotional and irrational statements that will inevitably come back to haunt me....

+'s:

- Darling's first quarter
- Rotham looked poised and far from out of place
- Willie did some brilliant things
- Solid fightback from being on the canvass in the last
- Phenomenal first quarter
- Cripps has hit form again
- We played 3 absolutely terrible quarters and still came win in a kick of Richmond, in favorable conditions for them with a player down almost the entire game.
We lost by a goal in the pouring rain at the MCG without our most important player with Simmo holding our most obvious strategic move bach and with a key runnet injured since quarter time

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
2017 like MCG run shaping up for tigers again. Oh how I wish it was stacked in our favour like that.
Imagine the uproar if we finished the season with 7 H+A games at home plus a likely “away” final, which they’ll probably win, leading to a home prelim and GF (where they’ll more than likely be the lowest ranked side). Potentially 10 games on the trot in the same city at the same ******* ground. Meanwhile we’re being sent to every corner of the country for our away games.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Positives:
+ Our first quarter was sexy af. The tiggys would most likely have been f**ked if it was played in Perth today, great weather.
+ Rotham was good again, will be a player.
+ Our small forwards in the first quarter were putting on a clinic, all of them had an impact.
+ Flyin’s Mark.
+ Kind of get the feeling or at least hoping after the first we were keeping a few cards up our sleeves for finals. When Lyon kept banging on about what are West Coast going do or what are they going to change etc.... well, Garry Simmo doesn’t feel like Show’n’tell today. Not putting a hard tag on Martin today but an angry Yeo in finals is possibly waiting for him should we meet again. Just a quick show of force in the first and then lure them into a false sense of security and let them think they have us covered right before finals, a bit like Melbourne. Then we swoop. Don’t @ me, it makes me feel better about the loss.

Negatives:
- Barrass. Dude almost deserves his own roast thread. How many goals did he give up directly? At least 3-4. Horror game from him. Hawks forwards are f**ked next week. Mad dog from Scarborough is going to have a pissed off Yeo type game I think.... (Hope).
- Hurn And Gov had a few equally bad moments as TB.
- Our small forwards had barely any impact after the first.
- Mids were trash.
- Hutchy’s Hammy.
- Trash Melbourne weather.
- Hawks will come over here fired up. We need to come out and destroy them. Everyone needs to be switched on. If not theirs a chance we fall out of the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROO DOGG

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Imagine the uproar if we finished the season with 7 H+A games at home plus a likely “away” final, which they’ll probably win, leading to a home prelim and GF (where they’ll more than likely be the lowest ranked side). Potentially 10 games on the trot in the same city at the same ******* ground. Meanwhile we’re being sent to every corner of the country for our away games.
The VFL take the FIX part of fixture and do whatever they want don't they.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Tigers very lucky today, the bounce of the ball went their way.
They'd rush kick and the ball would luckily land right in one of their players laps. Few times when the ball sat perfectly for them and not for us. They were much better in the rain.

Omg.. lucky? You kicked 7 straight to start whilst they missed three absolute sodas dead in front. Studs up free twice in one game,( how many have tgere been for the year?)soldo not paid a mark in the goalsquare in the second and the rioli “ free” in the last got you back in the game.

They were lucky? Hope u kick that straight all the time and their guns miss again from 20 out!

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Just on that, Lyon and co complained about the studs up free kick but when Riewoldt showed us why it should be a free kick all we get is crickets from them.
The vic bias was massive today .
The glee in the commentators voices after half time when it was raining was very unprofessional.

Gary lyon is so b#tt hurt by west coast and doesn't even hide it anymore .

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Omg.. lucky? You kicked 7 straight to start whilst they missed three absolute sodas dead in front. Studs up free twice in one game,( how many have tgere been for the year?)soldo not paid a mark in the goalsquare in the second and the rioli “ free” in the last got you back in the game.

They were lucky? Hope u kick that straight all the time and their guns miss again from 20 out!
Your just sour because kelly is leaving . Dont deny it it's ripping your guts out

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea

I’d say a lot went their way today and we still arguably should have won. A man down for 3/4s and momentum changed almost as soon as the weather did (which is understandable given the two styles). If it stays dry we win by 20+. Been the story of our year so far. We are rarely behind by more than 2 goals at a time and the little things are deciding our games, even when we’ve been the better side. Really shows why it’s so hard to win a flag, let alone 2 in a row. Everything has to go your way on the day or it’s curtains as quick as it started, no matter how good your team is.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d say a lot went their way today and we still arguably should have won. A man down for 3/4s and momentum changed almost as soon as the weather did (which is understandable given the two styles). If it stays dry we win by 20+. Been the story of our year so far. We are rarely behind by more than 2 goals at a time and the little things are deciding our games, even when we’ve been the better side. Really shows why it’s so hard to win a flag, let alone 2 in a row. Everything has to go your way on the day or it’s curtains as quick as it started, no matter how good your team is.

The game had changed well before the rain..... and their simple misses!

Thanks, your opinion has been noted. Coming here arguing with posters is not adding to the discussion. Add some positives and negatives of your own or let our fans debrief the game as they see it.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
And the final margin was still only one goal. The rain evened the game up and made sure no one was winning by more than 2 goals. If it’s dry I’d back us in to do a little better than we did but that’s footy. Reckon we’d have them if we met again (hopefully with Nic in the middle).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back