Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, your opinion has been noted. Coming here arguing with posters is not adding to the discussion. Add some positives and negatives of your own or let our fans debrief the game as they see it.
Ok fair enough .

Negative— they surely wont miss those easy goAls agAin right in front?

I got an infraction for this post because I can’t read the room. Don’t be like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine the uproar if we finished the season with 7 H+A games at home plus a likely “away” final, which they’ll probably win, leading to a home prelim and GF (where they’ll more than likely be the lowest ranked side). Potentially 10 games on the trot in the same city at the same ******* ground. Meanwhile we’re being sent to every corner of the country for our away games.

Hi guys , bad luck today & certainly a great game ! Just on the 7 games at home to finish , the Pies actually had more game at the g this year than us , we actually did our travelling early & played a few at Marvel earlier in the year !

We from memory will end up playing 13 at the g which is not to far different from u guys at your home deck ! Obviously u guys do a lot more travelling than us though all over the country!

Unfortunately with travel factors & an uneven draw there will always be these things that never make it a completely level playing field !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, it's nothing, just a flesh wound, we'll be back!
Just one of those games, it happens.
Can't be bothered with all the % and game-crunching.
If we're good enough, from here on we win anywhere, anytime, as required!
(Will watch that game again, alone, without the emotions and noisy family, for a better understanding.
But I do recall being really irritated by the constant braying of commentating cartel, Fast Eddy and Gary Moody!)

Hi guys , bad luck today & certainly a great game ! Just on the 7 games at home to finish , the Pies actually had more game at the g this year than us , we actually did our travelling early & played a few at Marvel earlier in the year !

We from memory will end up playing 13 at the g which is not to far different from u guys at your home deck ! Obviously u guys do a lot more travelling than us though all over the country!

Unfortunately with travel factors & an uneven draw there will always be these things that never make it a completely level playing field !

I think it’s the whole not having to travel for 2 months before finals which annoys people the most. No wonder your list is looking fresher than ever eh

That’s true but as Richmond were a prelim finalist last year surely the AFL are doing everything in their power to make sure their draw is uncomfortable as possible. They certainly have for us this year, sending us to Geelong, SCG, Alice, Brisbane, while the furthest you guys have had to go is to Perth and Brisbane to play Freo and GC.. hardly the most challenging away games, before getting to stay in Melbourne for 2 months. Surely that type of fixture is for a Carlton or Essendon if they were really interested in balancing out the comp.

I think it’s the whole not having to travel for 2 months before finals which annoys people the most. No wonder your list is looking fresher than ever eh

It is what is is & no one was saying how fresh our list looked when we had ridiculous amounts of injuries & to the quality of players we had out , even today we still had Rance Cotchin Nankervis out , I’d say your list looked a bit fresher going into the game !

Anyway all the best & lots of people suggesting we may meet again this year which I’m sure will be another epic game !

Positives
- every premiership year we lose the 2nd last round
- we weren’t going to win 9 in a row and take the flag, best to lose this one and let the tigers crumble under favouritism like last year
- win the next 4 games, we have flag #5
- win the next 2 games, we have a home prelim

+ We stuck fat in the rain against a red hot Richmond
+ Our forwards did great despite a lack of supply. If we get enough looks we can beat anyone
+ Accuracy in front of goal
+ Still in the hunt we have to win next week and then take it from there

- Sheed and Redden soundly beaten today
- Shuey had an off game
- Barrass WTF man? Handed them 3 goals

Its a game of fine margins but to win the flag we need to get more of out JK at leat 2 to 3 goals a game

both coaches super stubborn with their system. NO regard for the Melbourne weather :) .Great game of footy specially last quarter as both teams elevated to another level. Make no mistake Eagles and Tigers are much better than Lions and Cats. They have few extra levels that those two teams do not have.They also have winning flag mojo which comes handy come pressure time which neither of those two teams have. Would love to meet Tigers again at the G at the GF. Brisbae are good but I would be more scared of dogs if they make it than Brisbane to be honest.

Firstly, I come in peace. Second of all, was having this discussion with an Eagles mate after today's game but as a genuine question I asked him what he reckons the Eagles best win has been in the last 9 rounds or since the Eagles bye in other words. He didn't really give me an answer. Granted, you guys are the defending champs and are entitled to a bit of arrogance, and you can only play the teams in front of you (and maybe I'm looking at it from a position of bias), but I couldn't see a resume-defining win that would put the Eagles well ahead of the Lions. Nonetheless, great game today and hope we see you guys in the finals 👍

Firstly, I come in peace. Second of all, was having this discussion with an Eagles mate after today's game but as a genuine question I asked him what he reckons the Eagles best win has been in the last 9 rounds or since the Eagles bye in other words. He didn't really give me an answer. Granted, you guys are the defending champs and are entitled to a bit of arrogance, and you can only play the teams in front of you (and maybe I'm looking at it from a position of bias), but I couldn't see a resume-defining win that would put the Eagles well ahead of the Lions. Nonetheless, great game today and hope we see you guys in the finals 👍

I think our resume needs to include last year or we're not getting the job.

Are you worried about the Lions lack of finals experience and do you think you'll make the grand final?

I think our resume needs to include last year or we're not getting the job.

Are you worried about the Lions lack of finals experience and do you think you'll make the grand final?

Yeah that's fair in terms of being defending champs. But on the other hand it would be unfair to judge the Lions' season this year and their current postion, based on results from last year.

Lack of finals experience could be an issue, no doubt. But I think we've closed the gap considerably between our best and worst performances so I'm hoping that consistency and belief that we're never out of a game carries over to finals. Do I think we can make the grand final? Yes, but being completely objective I could make the case for a few other teams as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's fair in terms of being defending champs. But on the other hand it would be unfair to judge the Lions' season this year and their current postion, based on results from last year.

Lack of finals experience could be an issue, no doubt. But I think we've closed the gap considerably between our best and worst performances so I'm hoping that consistency and belief that we're never out of a game carries over to finals. Do I think we can make the grand final? Yes, but being completely objective I could make the case for a few other teams as well.

I don't mean to alarm you, but last time the Eagles tried to go back to back was 2007, and Brisbane could be the Port Adelaide of this story. If we go out in straight sets to Collingwood I'd skip buying Grand Final tickets...just saying ;)

Also the GF will be played at your home ground forever. A handy little arrangement to have up your sleeve.

I don't mean to alarm you, but last time the Eagles tried to go back to back was 2007, and Brisbane could be the Port Adelaide of this story. If we go out in straight sets to Collingwood I'd skip buying Grand Final tickets...just saying ;)
More likely to host Dogs/GWS in week 2 (should we lose first up after finishing 3rd). I don't relish the prospect of hosting the Dogs.

Hey hey, we don't like any mention of that Port Adelaide team after what happened in 2004.

I get the impression that you exist in a permanent state of mild annoyance.
Sometimes not mild at all.

Like when we let Carlton kick the last 3 goals and a bunch of Pollyannas insisted it was all good. Now we need an 80-point turnaround to finish top 2.

Positives
- every premiership year we lose the 2nd last round
- we weren’t going to win 9 in a row and take the flag, best to lose this one and let the tigers crumble under favouritism like last year
- win the next 4 games, we have flag #5
- win the next 2 games, we have a home prelim
Looks a lot better when you say it like that. Just need 2 consecutive wins and we have one foot in the granny. We don’t have any significant “momentum” like we did in 2016 for example, so the pre finals bye will be a good reset, especially if we’re likely travelling.

We got bounced by Melbourne in R22 last year. In Perth. You campaigners know what happened next.
IMO our form line in general is below par compared to last year so don't think we can compare this year to last. The backline over the past few weeks has me more worried than anything - never thought I would say that - is it because since Hurn has come back from injury he appears a shadow of his former self and playing below par??

Let's not think any further than beating the Hawks
You can worry about permutations, but this next game is not going to be a gimmie
We need to lock away top 4
After that, i dont mind who we play

+ we still look good for a double chance

- We are 0-3 against the rest of the top 4 and have fallen short at every "big test"

I just can't shake the feeling that we aren't quite good enough this year. We are finding ways to lose the close ones, instead of winning them like we did last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back