we could go 0-0-4

any others?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

0-4-0

That’s true through our entire history.

We should have won more flags in the 90’s

We should have won more flags in 00’s

We should win more with this group

Imagine being St Kilda who won their first 19 games in 2009 and went into the GF with a 22-2 record for the year, won 3 out of 4 quarters and didn’t win the flag.

Imagine being Fremantle who in their only grand final are the only team to be rated by CD as the better team and to have lost the GF?

Imagine being Sydney who should have won 3 flags in the 2010’s but only won 1.

We’ve done very well, both over the course of the clubs history and in the era.

You can’t hang your head about the ones that get away.

And there is still a lot to play out this season. We’ve won 8 out of last 9.

Race for this years flag is still very much on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think most phrasing of “should have” should be replaced with “could have”.

Winning an AFL game is hard. Winning enough to make the finals is hard. Winning your finals is hard. Having everything go well for you to get the result on Grand Final day is hard.

Consistently triumphing again and again in professional sport is ******* hard.

Absolutely we “could have” won more flags in the 90s, or with the prime 2000s midfield, or even during Simmo’s tenure. I think should have is wrong though. Getting one is ******* hard. We want more, we should work for more, we should strive for more, but I don’t think you can crucify a team that’s won one for not winning more. It’s ******* difficult to do.

Was a really good stream. Hope you keep going with it (and the AFL don't slap you with some rights infringement BS because you didn't pay them for the rights).

Initially there was a good 20 second delay between the stream and CH7, but then I got the genius idea to just switch to Kayo and control the delay. Turns out you guys were giving that advice to listeners all along :straining:

My only feedback is to get a 3rd guy into your team. The networks/radio stations have it spot on with the 2 commentators feeding off each other and a 3rd for special comments (need someone to egg you on when you lost your sh*t at the umps or flogs like Dusty).

Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

We may well mix up the team a bit throughout the next few calls, and the anti-opposition intensity will definitely be ramped up going forward.

Last night’s game can be summed up in one passage of play when Sheppard spilled a mark on half back, who then scrambled to get it to Brander, who managed to kick it out on the full only to have Martin banana a goal from the boundary. They took their chances and we didn’t. With a few more cool heads to come back hopefully we can get on a winning streak and build confidence before we face any more contenders in Queensland come finals.

Prior to a Jack Riewoldt behind with five seconds left in the game, the Tigers had kicked 14.0

I mean...just unreal stuff. Play that game again and force the exact same shots, could be 10.4. Could be 12.2. Any of those make it a massive game.

Hats off to the Tigers, they converted, that’s awesome forward craft and you can’t knock it. But in terms of what can we project for the next game - 14.0 off the boot of Tigers players doesn’t seem likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last line Snowpea

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I+dont+know+that+_58959e36f9ac8e372d642499933ab78b.gif

That’s true through our entire history.

We should have won more flags in the 90’s

We should have won more flags in 00’s

We should win more with this group

Imagine being St Kilda who won their first 19 games in 2009 and went into the GF with a 22-2 record for the year, won 3 out of 4 quarters and didn’t win the flag.

Imagine being Fremantle who in their only grand final are the only team to be rated by CD as the better team and to have lost the GF?

Imagine being Sydney who should have won 3 flags in the 2010’s but only won 1.

We’ve done very well, both over the course of the clubs history and in the era.

You can’t hang your head about the ones that get away.

And there is still a lot to play out this season. We’ve won 8 out of last 9.

Race for this years flag is still very much on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And and and Collingwood have won 2 of the last 16 Grand Finals (2 drawn) they have played in. Ouch!!!

Just mulling over last night it seemed to perfect storm of factors against us;

• Not having our accommodation sorted until a few days before the game
  • Travelling on a 4 day break
  • A seriously in form opponent
  • 5 players in the 22 with less than dozen games experience
  • Only playing in bursts the last few weeks
  • A growing injury list
  • Losing our no.1 forward target very early
  • Oppo getting the rub of the green from the umpires
All that considered it's probably a positive that we were still in the game at 3QT. We won't face that kind of adversity for the rest of our hub games.
Hindsight's a beautiful thing - not knocking you - but the group were excited about this new hub and also went into this game full of confidence and looking forward to the contest. They believed, we believed. The Eagles were tipped ahead by sport tipsters. The betting had Tigers as faves. There were doubts about the Tigers patchy form and injuries. We were bullish about our young players in general. There was a general expectation the WCE might show that they are true contenders, they might step up. Our burst playing was sometimes explained as us being so good we just stepped on the gas when we needed to, or being in preservation mode, saving ourselves for the big dance - but like Shuey, at the dance we got wrong footed?

There's a lot left unsaid between coaches and teams and between games, let alone filtering through the media swamp for facts and insights. It's a lot like betting on the nags, re studying form and all the nuances, real or otherwise. Hope and emotional investment can blur reality. I don't pretend to be an expert, but a loss like this always strips away the rose-coloured glasses, gives you a shot of reality and brings you back to earth. Same for the team no doubt and any showboating habits they had?
The thing I like about the Tigers game is that they come to fight, deep down and dirty, game on - it blows away any prima donna affectations or Harlem Globetrotter delusions a team might have!?
I don't like cheap gutless sniping of KP's - a deliberate knee in the head and resulting concussion should be reviewed and dealt with.

I guess like the man said in Thunderdome - two men enter, one man leaves!
Someone's got to lose.
But with our best 22 on deck (not forgetting they have yet to put their best 22 on deck) we should make a better contest. Our weakest link has to be good- a solid contributor.
But Tigers were red hot, no doubting, everything went their way - or is that just how good they are? Hardwick said there's room for improvement and they're working on it, it's coming together at the right time!
I'm not game enough to make any further predictions during this hub, our future is about to unfold, one way or another...main thing is we win a couple of games at least from this hub and improve playing at that intensity again...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back