Review Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda - Rd 4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives: Petch. Very nice. Proved me wrong.
Winder goal on debut
Devastated about Hurn. On the eve of breaking the games record, on Friday night in front of a full Optus, against the team that we won his flag against. Heartbreaking.

Negatives: Fill your boots. Sheed and Redden awful, the whole midfield unit was reactionary. TK found it but used it terribly. Nic Nat handing it to them on a platter for them to leave it behind. Laughable stuff really. Plenty of passengers to compliment the ones who found it but didn’t use it.

Backs didn’t help themselves with silly turnovers inside 50 but really the mids hung them out to dry. Did well to hold the barrage back for so long.

Phenomenal choke, impressive stuff. Young upstart team one goal away from being broken, and we could have gone on with a rout. Instead we’ve let them get their heads up and storm back. Well played Saints.

For a team that I’ve always respected as extremely professional, they usually go about their business and get the solid ‘tick it off’ win, we’ve really shat the bed there.

Go for it.

+ve
Brander and Petch

-Ve
Midfield was well, well beaten today. No connection at all between them and Naitanui and were thoroughly out worked by Jones, Steele and Crouch. Their defensive work out ours well and truly to shame.

kaII

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Think that we definitely suffered from being too tall there + the midfield being full of passengers.

The difference in the energy of the midfield with Shuey in is remarkable. None of Sheed, Gaff or Kelly were willing or able to take the game on their shoulders.

Waterman (and Brander somewhat, along with the entire team) also went missing in the second half. Less critical towards them because they're young and in Waterman's case underdone.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Negatives
- Horrible team selection. Losing our best mid and replacing him with a HFF with half a game of WAFL run in him.
- Kelly's disposal
- Sheed avoiding any physical contest. He's either injured or mentally not there
- Redden is cooked and needs to be replaced.
- Duggan is not a midfielder
- Ryan playing like he's at a family bbq
- Gary Lyon chuckling at us losing

Positive
- I'm not even that angry because I thought this would happen after seeing the team yesterday

Positive: It's over

Negative: Panel of victorian utensil heads openly cheering for the saints.

Commentary was embarrassing and we will be bringing back the BigFooty live calls after this and the Dogs game.

Wasn’t close to the biggest issue today, it’s one of those games where I almost get a sick joy out of hearing them tee off on us, because we truly deserved it. Still doesn’t make it right but I don’t have the energy to be annoyed about the commentary, despite it being a St Kilda strategy session and cheerleading tryout for three hours.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Way too tall. When will they ever learn?
JK, JD, Oscar, Brander & Waterman do not fit in the one team.

Out Waterman, Brander & Hurn (Inj) & Nelson who can not kick.

In Oneil, Williams(2nd Ruck) Witherden.

Play Duggan in Hurn's position.
Oneil inside mid, Witherden up on the wing footskills to break teams open (Jetta like)

Nelson Sub.
Williams dude you said we are too tall yet you bring Williams in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol that’s why you shouldn’t be happy with us taking the foot off the pedal last week. Play four quarters of footy you lazy pricks.

Woeful team selection too, needed a small runner in for Shuey. Not an underdone tall.

Typical of this post 18 side. Get rid of Redden for XON or Trew right now thanks.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Im gonna go early - that was the season right there.

And not just because we lost. But how we lost.

Nearly 40 points up at one stage in the middle of the third, lost by 3 kicks. What happened?

Pressure in the middle. Saints lifted their intensity and made a point to man up on guys like Kelly, Sheed and Gaff. We had absolutely 0 answers to it and let a bottom 4 club kick what, 50 unanswered points?

We arent good enough without a full strength squad. In this age of AFL that isnt good enough to win premierships. The outline to beating West Coast has now well and truly been drawn up and studied by opposition teams.

Cant be arsed getting mad about it anymore. We dont have it.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The whole midfield needs to be shot. Hang your heads in shame you pathetic ****.

Disgraceful... I pity how you can can you look your partners in the eye, your fellow team-mates and pretend like you give a damn.

Nothing has changed since the 1st game of 19.

Season is over.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
+ 2018 flag. We should all be thankful Richmond were awful in that prelim and we were able to sneak a flag from that season.

- We're not up to it. Midfield is our biggest issue and we sold the farm for Kelly, who's showing he's an ok player that benefits far more from a quality midfield around him than actually leading it. Throw in our two best mids missing most of this season, we're gonna be up and down but not going to be there at the pointy end, I'm afraid.

Our inability to really just put the foot on the throat and kill a game when we have it half in our keeping is an ongoing trend. Even when most of the time we have enough forward quality to eek it out, so many games we've tried to coast it in and we give the opposition a sniff. Turns out you actually have to expend a lot of energy chasing tail, who woulda thunk it? Bury a side and you can relax as much as you like because they'll turn their toes up and then you coast.

Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
+
Brander backed up another good game
Petch (Seems he kicks goals when we get destroyed)
Allen, Kennedy, Barrass toiled hard

-
Hurn
Fumbley, reactionary footy.
I literally can't remember a worse performance from our midfield in a long time. Sheed, Gaff, Kelly, Duggan, Redden were all woeful.
Ryan was never in the game. Winder kicked a goal but wasn't sighted much after that our backline was under seige but gave up so many goals with s**t turnovers, Gov, Barrass, Shep we all at fault.

All started in the second half last week when we couldn't put port away. We are the opposite of 2018, starting fast then dieing. We can't put 4 quarters together.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Commentary was embarrassing and we will be bringing back the BigFooty live calls after this and the Dogs game.

Wasn’t close to the biggest issue today, it’s one of those games where I almost get a sick joy out of hearing them tee off on us, because we truly deserved it. Still doesn’t make it right but I don’t have the energy to be annoyed about the commentary, despite it being a St Kilda strategy session and cheerleading tryout for three hours.
Do we really need to see Garry Lyon's stupid mug in the bottom left corner every time he speaks?

KaaL

Team Captain
May 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
+ve petch and barrass

-ve Mcgovern shouldn’t be the kick out player. He’s a terrible kick.
- never seen Sheed so lazy. He just jogs or stop completely. I think he’s injured.
- midfields was s**t house. Can’t win any ball and leaving our defenders to dry.
- let’s replace a midfielder with a tall. That blew up in the match committee’s face
- we’re not going anywhere this year if Shuey and Yeo can’t get up this year.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Dude it is 2 talls out for 1 genuine 2nd Ruck.
Brander & Waterman are talls running around the ground against genuine opposition midfielders.
Cmon sort it out.
Genuine second ruck? Allen is a genuine second ruck. Nothing williams could do will surpass Allen in there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back