Review Positives and Negatives vs Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

+ JK, how good is he? The crown prince of defending, the greatest player in VFL/AFL history and he took him to town. Left foot 50 metre dagger wasn't too bad Josh.
+ Jetta!
+ Sheppard is the GOAT
+ Darling's hands were on, Lecca had a great game and stood up when it mattered
+ Obviously a huge win
+ Jordan Lewis with a classy, exquisite, composed, clever and truly special left hook, picture perfect punch that will surely see no report and a bonus Brownlow vote.
+ Drink drive absolutely butchering it late, always fun

- NN :/

Neither a positive or a negative, ******* lol at the way that last quarter was umpired. Hawks umps started to feel the heat down 20 at the end of the first, but what an absolutely clutch performance late. Say what you will about Hawthorn, but their experience and veteran savvy to cop gobbies in the crunch time is truly elite, possibly the best ever.

I actually hope it comes out they've been paid. Trying to improve your bank balance at least makes financial sense, it's a prudent move no matter who you are. If that was a genuine best effort then I just can't believe it. At this point it would be less embarrassing if they were bribed.

Stay off the roads tonight folks, that loss looked like thirsty work.

Everyone stood up. Hill only stand out negative from a performance point of view, but made up for it with that Hodge Podge tackle

Positives...
The onballers are finally starting to click. I didn’t want to pin all my hopes on Sheed, but dammit Sheed makes a huge difference. Dominated the contests. While Nic helps with this, still think we're improving in this area in general and haven't given up all hope yet. Feel the overall dominance in the middle is worthy of some optimism.

Vintage Sheppingham, with all of our smaller defenders running and spreading well and Gov clunking everything. I love Barrass but we look so much better with only the two talls down back.

All of the support acts played their role. Hutchings first quarter on Mitchell really helped to set the tone for the game. Jetta first half was huge, great effort from him. Nelson solid most of the game, love his aggression as always.

Negatives...
Inside 50s again a concern, too many rushed behinds that could have been otherwise.

Masten got lots of the ball again, but I just cringe when he's within 10m of an opposition player.

+
Jd and jk combo was lethal and took the hawks to town
A season best for a lot of the blokes.
Priddis was huge, gaff torr up on the outside
Defence was on point. From gov to nelson, they barely made any errors.
Loved lycetts game. A few strong grabs and was a bull in a china shop.
Jetta was awesome when it counted.

-
Shuey was immense last week. Had a good game of sorts but one reason why i dont rate him a top ten of the comp is this. Its his inconsistancy. Elite players back those huge performancr with great games

Injurues to nn and maybe slyce

Josh hill

+

-
Shuey was immense last week. Had a good game of sorts but one reason why i dont rate him a top ten of the comp is this. Its his inconsistancy. Elite players back those huge performancr with great games

Josh hill

Shuey tonight:
- First for contested possessions
- Second for clearances
- Fourth for tackles
- 1 goal 1 behind

Still an above average game. If you averaged his effort last week with tonight, he'd win the brownlow in a canter.

WELL RIP SEASON 2016

good night sweet prince. Nic nat out means we have no chance. Think about that last quater.

Far out they're are no positives. Our mids performed like trash without nic nat in the last no sugar coating

WE PLAYED OUR GF. Just then

Pos:

Gaff was huge, work rate unbelievable!
Midfield finally clicking together and definite shades of late 2015 there
Sheed, didn't realise how important this guy is to us.
Jetta, loved his first half!
JK having a good game against the hawks
Gov <3
Naita was in beast mode until he got injured
Hitting form at the right time of year, may have left it a little too late though

Neg

Naitanui injury, he is so important to us. Last quarter with him off the field proved that.

Hope we can take it up to the Crows next week, always tough away though.

Just when the belief was at an all time high that thing happened...

The players looked pretty down after the game finished.

But you know what * it, I'm so happy with the heart we've shown the last couple of weeks. I don't know where we'll end up this year, it doesn't look great, but somehow it feels like something has been salvaged of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+

-

Josh hill

Shuey was very subdued. His kicking was off too.

Not sure what was the matter with him tonight.

He got 15 contested disposals, 7 tackles and 7 clearances, he just didn't get as much outside ball as he usually does, but he didn't need to because our outside guys stepped up their games for once this year

Shiel is a great tagger.

Shuey was most certainly not subdued.

Admirable for you guys to muster the effort in listing the above positives. Really it was a great win and Mitchell got tackled with aggression a few times which was glorious to see.

But Nic's knee. What the heck do we do next year? Giles to play half the season at least. McInnes as second ruck? So much negative about this that it's overriding the really good win.

He got 15 contested disposals, 7 tackles and 7 clearances, he just didn't get as much outside ball as he usually does, but he didn't need to because our outside guys stepped up their games for once this year

Not saying he wasn't trying or didn't contribute.

He just lacked his usual acceleration and his body language was subdued.

maybe he has a niggle.

Admirable for you guys to muster the effort in listing the above positives. Really it was a great win and Mitchell got tackled with aggression a few times which was glorious to see.

But Nic's knee. What the heck do we do next year? Giles to play half the season at least. McInnes as second ruck? So much negative about this that it's overriding the really good win.
You realise that we have an off season to work something out? Who knows who we will trade for/draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back