Review Positives and Negatives vs Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives only, we all know the negative

+our midfield unit finally shared the load and functioned as a group - Priddis, shuey, Hutchings, gaff, sheed, masten and Jetta all complemented each other without leaving the heavy lifting to just a couple
+yeo, a couple of brain farts aside, played the role that suits him as a high HF and was dangerous all night
+lecca wound back the clock and was a really good contributor. Cripps also was really dangerous
+gov was a beast turning back attack after attack. Such a good marker of the ball coming into defence
+Hutchings on Mitchell was exceptional. Good coaching, great execution by the player
+nelson had his hands full with Rioli but curtailed his influence substantially
+sheppingham is back, they were terrific.
+butler and hurn both very reliable
+Lycett tucked well and was a presence around the ground. We gunna need him now
+JK you ******* beast
+jack, good to have you back
+pridda's work around the stoppages in the first half was elite
+jettas tackle on Burgoyne to get a goal and the players getting around him
+sheed was solid and in form is a central plank of our midfield
+masten laid a tackle and kinda put his body on the line. Liked his game immensely

-despite all that I still wanna cry

Umpire Positives:
+Kind of kept up with the play, I think.

Umpire Negatives:
-Dean Margetts (the bald one)
-50m penalties for nothing.
-Heavy bias against the home team.
-Annoyed the crowd the most I've ever seen

Positives

Everyone had a dip ....contested ball...finally for a night we were clean with the ball for a change

Jetta had some positive pieces of play even

Loved the hutch ...did a number on mitchell ....he's destroyed us so many times

Negatives

NN injury

He's one player .....teams have won flags with average rucks

Admirable for you guys to muster the effort in listing the above positives. Really it was a great win and Mitchell got tackled with aggression a few times which was glorious to see.

But Nic's knee. What the heck do we do next year? Giles to play half the season at least. McInnes as second ruck? So much negative about this that it's overriding the really good win.

I reckon we recruit a mature aged ruckman in the draft for a year of its a year injury

And better midfields...

Our midfield isn't the most skilled ever

But if and it's a big if .....if they can work collectively hard like we have the last two games anything is possible

Masten had thirty .....priddis , shuey gaff ....if they work thier tails off we can still create some havoc in the finals I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we recruit a mature aged ruckman in the draft for a year of its a year injury
Zac Clarke is going cheap

Better than Naitanui according to Matthew Lloyd

Oh * it, I'm drunk

Last year after Emacs and browns injuries it was RIP season... played in the granny. Now after NN's its RIP season... Lycett isnt a crab we have had 1 loss since the bye and played a fair chunk of them without NN. Pressure makes Diamonds.

Last year after Emacs and browns injuries it was RIP season... played in the granny. Now after NN's its RIP season... Lycett isnt a crab we have had 1 loss since the bye and played a fair chunk of them without NN. Pressure makes Diamonds.
We looked gold all year sans the defenders. How have we looked this year without Naita?

I wish I shared your optimism.

I'd say common sense (and well overdue) coaching.
Tagging Mitchell is what we all hoped would happen

Using hutch was less obvious and if we did a poll pre game I reckon most would have said he wouldn't be up to it

Simmo won the coaching battle tonight and all Clarko had in his presser was we play the oval better and he can't wait to get back to the MCG

Give simmo his credit he never blamed the ground for a loss

A few more positives whilst I try to drink away the part of my brain that saw Nicant hrt kneewsagag iaohgaogi agggggaag

Whilst Hill certainly had a quiet game, he was putting in a lot of work. Got to the right spots a lot of the time, and was a bit unlucky when Darling and JK were clunking contest marks all night. The improvements in his workrate have been huge the last couple of years, and even when he's not pulling in the numbers I think he's a lock in the 22.

On the forward half work, I was really impressed with how well our big blokes helped each other out with blocks and moving through space. A lot of the marks taken in the forward 50 were a result of fantastic teamwork.

I might be overrating Lycett here, but man can he do everything. He was taking grabs and intercept marks, getting clearances from his own taps, making spoils. His own tapwork still needs some work. But anyone thinking Rory Lobb is a better prospect than this bloke needs to rewatch the footage this week. He's becoming a really rounded prospect and I know why the club has locked him in long term.

Rioli was shut down pretty well, but I'm not sure how? Thought Nelson spent quite a bit of time near him but it was probably a team effort there to not allow him a good deal of space.

Shuey is a beast. Hurn can be a ******* tank. JJK is JJK. Our leaders have delivered pretty consistently in the second half of the season.

Cripps was really awesome again. Horrendously underrated on BF. His pressure is fantastic as usual and his kicking in particular (was surprised to read earlier in the week that he's one of the best in the comp this year for i50s). Love seeing him further up the ground and really using his speed / lateral movement.

Heads were over the ball motherluckers. HEADS WERE OVER THE BALL

We looked gold all year sans the defenders. How have we looked this year without Naita?

I wish I shared your optimism.
We also looked s**t with him

Our heart returned tonight - keep it and we can still make a dent

Using hutch was less obvious and if we did a poll pre game I reckon most would have said he wouldn't be up to it
I'd have to disagree, Hutch has been used as a tagger on several occasions this year, but on the other hand I am as grumpy as **** right now and looking for a confrontation. :(

I'd have to disagree, Hutch has been used as a tagger on several occasions this year, but on the other hand I am as grumpy as **** right now and looking for a confrontation. :(
tumblr_mjk901WpSS1s4bjyjo1_500.gif

A few more positives whilst I try to drink away the part of my brain that saw Nicant hrt kneewsagag iaohgaogi agggggaag

Whilst Hill certainly had a quiet game, he was putting in a lot of work. Got to the right spots a lot of the time, and was a bit unlucky when Darling and JK were clunking contest marks all night. The improvements in his workrate have been huge the last couple of years, and even when he's not pulling in the numbers I think he's a lock in the 22.

On the forward half work, I was really impressed with how well our big blokes helped each other out with blocks and moving through space. A lot of the marks taken in the forward 50 were a result of fantastic teamwork.

I might be overrating Lycett here, but man can he do everything. He was taking grabs and intercept marks, getting clearances from his own taps, making spoils. His own tapwork still needs some work. But anyone thinking Rory Lobb is a better prospect than this bloke needs to rewatch the footage this week. He's becoming a really rounded prospect and I know why the club has locked him in long term.

Rioli was shut down pretty well, but I'm not sure how? Thought Nelson spent quite a bit of time near him but it was probably a team effort there to not allow him a good deal of space.

Shuey is a beast. Hurn can be a ******* tank. JJK is JJK. Our leaders have delivered pretty consistently in the second half of the season.

Cripps was really awesome again. Horrendously underrated on BF. His pressure is fantastic as usual and his kicking in particular (was surprised to read earlier in the week that he's one of the best in the comp this year for i50s). Love seeing him further up the ground and really using his speed / lateral movement.

Heads were over the ball motherluckers. HEADS WERE OVER THE BALL
Liked it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back