Positives and Negatives vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn't sound right to me at all. I always thought that once you're above the padding, the post is what you use.

What shits me though is that both angles show the ball not completely past the post anyway, and the entire eastern seaboard are just ignoring it.
It's not even that we were potentially denied a win that pisses me off so much. We fought hard but ultimately we were outplayed and I 100% cop the loss.

But the entire point of the ARC is to get the call right when it is possible. A lot of times it's inconclusive. To me this one is conclusive.
On the "bee's dick" angle, when you see the frame before the touch you clearly see the thin black shadow lines along each edge of the post, for its entire length. And they both chop right through the ball, because the cameras being used are sh!t, they're not high speed enough, so the resulting frames show part ball and part post shadow mixed into the same frame. Then on the next frame - the deciding one - the previously-curved outline of the oval ball is somehow dead flat and dead vertical and somehow coincidentally exactly the same colour and size and location of the shadow line in the previous frame. Remarkable stuff for a ball to change shape and colour like that in mid flight without being touched.

Do better, AFL.
Much, much, much better.
When games get decided by this stuff it has all kinds of domino effects.
Sort it out before it happens to a Victorian team.

+ Ryan has become an A-Grader. He reminded me of Brad Hill this game, the good Brad Hill. Looks to be running on air, getting the ball at every corner of the ground, creative, but with more forward potency. I think Ryan could be a midfielder or wingman going forward, which is a remarkable transformation from his draft year.

+ I think we did pretty good given the circumstances. Short break, poor availability, injury mid-game. We probably should have won in the end, not saying we were the better team, but we were the more professional team until some poor last quarter errors which prevented us from stealing the game.

All in all, I think we're playing pretty good in the conditions during this second hub, can't fault our effort, but at the end of the day, I just don't think we're good enough at the moment to truly challenge, so I'm surprisingly zen about the whole thing.

We have the bones of a very good team, but the connective tissue isn't there to play our game style. Next year we need either a list/depth refresh or a gameplan refresh, but currently, we don't have either and we are about where we deserve to be, much the same as last year.

I think I am in the majority not really caring about the McGovern touch on the goal line. Was hardly a Jos Buttler DRS review.

Anyway, the worst thing about the ARC is still that the commentators always end up saying 'we don't see all the angles they do'. Well, why the * not?

I think I am in the majority not really caring about the McGovern touch on the goal line. Was hardly a Jos Buttler DRS review.

Anyway, the worst thing about the ARC is still that the commentators always end up saying 'we don't see all the angles they do'. Well, why the fu** not?
Yeah that last point is one of the most frustrating things. They have access to more than we do? There’s only 2 angles that would even be able to make that call and if they were using the second of them they’d have found pretty conclusive evidence. Also hate the fact that the clear as day angle pops up literally the second the desicion is made, they 100% had it there ready to broadcast but it didn’t suit the “narrative”.

Anyway, the worst thing about the ARC is still that the commentators always end up saying 'we don't see all the angles they do'. Well, why the fu** not?

Good question..NFL and American college football shows some but not all replay angles..the XFL (that was halted due to Corona) went to the booth with the replay "sky" judge on camera as a call or play was deliberated..it was refreshingly transparent.

Surely you cant hate Melbourne?? I only feel sorrow; they are our b*tch.Hate should be reserved for Port,Richmond etc [and Carlton soon ]

Correction: they are everyone's bitch.

Out of all the Vic teams, you just can't hate Melbourne (I do hate the fawning over Gawn - he's overrated IMO). They're such a disappointment team every year and they're soft as butter versus us. However, I absolutely LOVE seeing Garry Lyon with a bottom quivering lip. He's probably one of the most misshapen, grotesque-mouthed tu-rds to don the commentary of anything. He's a blight: cry Garry, cry: your team sucks as do you tubby ti-ts.

Surely you cant hate Melbourne?? I only feel sorrow; they are our b*tch.Hate should be reserved for Port,Richmond etc [and Carlton soon ]
I despise Melbourne. To me they epitomise everything that is wrong with the AFL:

1) They exist because they were there first
2) Live at the MCG
3) Expect special allowances because of this
4) Unethically cheat the system to gain an advantage
5) Are the first to cry foul if they perceive another club to have any advantage
6) Over indulged supporter base who prefer handouts than buying club memberships
7) Win a game and they are lauded as premiership fancies
8) Buy into their own hype so they don't have to acknowledge how s**t they really are.

******* Me!bourne

I despise Melbourne. To me they epitomise everything that is wrong with the AFL:

1) They exist because they were there first
2) Live at the MCG
3) Expect special allowances because of this
4) Unethically cheat the system to gain an advantage
5) Are the first to cry foul if they perceive another club to have any advantage
6) Over indulged supporter base who prefer handouts than buying club memberships
7) Win a game and they are lauded as premiership fancies
8) Buy into their own hype so they don't have to acknowledge how sh*t they really are.

******* Me!bourne
Wow, this list was 8 items long and didn't even mention Clayton Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correction: they are everyone's b*tch.

Out of all the Vic teams, you just can't hate Melbourne (I do hate the fawning over Gawn - he's overrated IMO). They're such a disappointment team every year and they're soft as butter versus us. However, I absolutely LOVE seeing Garry Lyon with a bottom quivering lip. He's probably one of the most misshapen, grotesque-mouthed tu-rds to don the commentary of anything. He's a blight: cry Garry, cry: your team sucks as do you tubby ti-ts.
They tanked and behave pathetically.

Correction: they are everyone's b*tch.

Gawny seems a decent bloke but hes too soft.You cant be soft at the top.[coach included]

I'm not saying he should be dropped FFS, he's not exactly standing up these last few weeks though.
How we structure up with only a selection of talls available reduces the opportunity for Allen to impact the game. Waterman and Allen are not going to both play forward. Allen is playing purely as a ruckman playing off the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back