Review Positives From The Year So Far

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
  • Being able to bring in top-ups - Dea, Hartley, Kelly & Brown - whom we'll likely be able to incorporate into our list in 2017
  • The form and development of Parish, Tippa, Z.Merrett, Cooney, Zakka, Leuy, & Fantasia
  • Having first round picks and a huge hand to play with for the first time in a long time come the 2017 draft bodes so well for the future
  • Being strong through adversity and most of the banned players have re-committing. Many other clubs would have been destroyed by this whole saga
Its onwards and upwards from here folks - enjoy the rest of this season it will be the last time you will be able to go to a game and just rock up and enjoy individual player development without having the burden of expectation of winning, and certainly the last time you'll see the Bombers on the bottom of the ladder for a long time

Brown and Hartley aren't top ups, they're listed players.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Only playing GWS once so we don't need to hear that stupid ******* cowbell again this year

And Gold Coast so we don't have to hear that stupid ******* bugle.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
It surprises me- just how many people still make mistake.

We, we are kind of playing Gold Coast again though. ;)

My bad.

We could conceivably end up with three wins with Brisbane and GC in Melbourne.

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
Only one 100 point loss is defininitely a positive for me. In all honesty, I expected multiple by now. I thought we'd lose every game by 60 plus, so I don't think we could have competed any better than we have so far.

Was very miffed and disappointed with Bomber Thompson's comments as I feel the complete opposite. Worsfold has done a brilliant job. The players aren't broken. Hope they can sustain the efforts.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Tippa is the biggest positive of the year for me.
It's amazing what he is doing in his first year at the top level.
With a bit more experience, and a couple of strong pre seasons, he will be one of the best players in the comp.
Certainly the most exciting to watch.
Oh the gif's to come....

So far out of 13 games, only six have been 10+ goal floggings (so less than half)... we've come within 30 points on five occasions, and within 3 goals three times, in addition to the game we won against Melbourne. Actually watching the games has shown we've been competitive for most quarters - it's the four-quarter effort and basic skill errors that have let us down, both of which are fixable. If we had been unable to keep up with the pace of the game, unable to read the play, or unable implement an AFL-appropriate game plan... well that wouldn't bode well for the future. But there's hope there.

So either we're not as uncompetitive as everyone thought we'd be, or everyone we've played against has been severely overrated. Suits me either way. XD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The anticipation of next year has never been greater.

That's not to mean I've found nothing positive this season such as Tippa, Hartley, Parish, Orazio, Zaka, Zach, Luey, Brown, Dea, Kelly, Cooney, the supporters, this ******* club!!

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Parish, Parish and Parish.

Finally a genuine star inside mid comes our way in the draft.

Brown is a massive positive too as forward.He's exactly what we need in this side.

habib1984

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
having the pleasure of walking into a game knowing going to lose so in affect dont get worked up walking out

I've really enjoyed watching non-Essendon games simply for the football, without worrying how the relevant teams' performances will affect Essendon's chances of making finals, given that we're not playing finals. It's been an unexpected pure enjoyment of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back