Remove this Banner Ad

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
I heard Darling was trying to mark the ball but sensed some contact from behind, threw his head back and accidentally ended up handballing the footy in an 80m torp that went straight through the big sticks, and landed twelve rows behind the cheer squad.

That would have been Row 13 then ....... have you seen how pathetic our cheer squad is? (apologies to anyone on here who is a member but we must have the worst cheer squad in the AFL)

Last edited:

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
inb4 Michael O'Loughlin and fat guy pic

Mickey Rae

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Mighty Royals
inb4 Michael O'Loughlin and fat guy pic

Nah ... he's trimmed down to the size of a small block of flats! Lost a fair bit of weight .... hope it has been from clean living, exercise etc and nothing sinister!

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Long time reader first time poster....but dare say the over/under reaction on here is ridico.
Two have to cents on Tunners, certainly the bias on here before the game was for him to fail. Sure he made a couple of glaring errors - but the three or four really great things he did are simply discounted.
- kicked a great goal
- made a very clever pass to Priddis and not bombed long that ultimately set up a goal
- great handball to a streaming Hill after a one touch pick in start of Q2 - which Hill mucked up the entry to 50.

Seen a lot of this guy after covering the WAFL from seasons 12-14, and if he gets a run at it injury free is most definitely an AFL player. Clearly rated by Simpson too.
In my opinion a player that can have a great impact on a game without needing 20+ touches. As example he was best on for Perth the week before he debuted for WCE in last round of 2013. Had 12 touches. Won the game for them in 3 passages of play within 5 mins that resulted in one possesion (and goal) for Tunners.

At the end of the day not sure what people expect. I mean had a great 2013 in the WAFL and debuted at 19/20 yo. On the fringes in 2014 at WC (mostly one quarter sub appearances) after a few injuires saw him miss patches during the year. Serious season ending injury in R2 2015 after working his way into best 22. Came from a long long way back this year steadily improving his form since first playing WAFL reserves in about R8.

Still clearly getting used to the speed, which is to be expected, and isnt the only WC player to not be clean or make a bonehead errors this year. Seems like people expect these great games first up, and especially for a guy in his 9th afl game (and his approx 10th game at any level in 2yrs) - they need continuity and time. If he stays in for the rest of the year, i reckon that improvement will become apparant.
Have just read this post, and at long last somebody with a bit of common sense and can give an honest appraisal on an up and coming player. Too many negative Nancy's on here and if you don't play like Chris Judd first up, then you're useless! Have seen a bit of Tunners over the years and what I've seen I like. Obviously still adjusting to the lift in tempo, and hope he Keeps improving. Simmo obviously has given him a role and is giving him time. Can't think of anybody in the 2s who plays a similar role that he's taking their spot.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Have just read this post, and at long last somebody with a bit of common sense and can give an honest appraisal on an up and coming player. Too many negative Nancy's on here and if you don't play like Chris Judd first up, then you're useless! Have seen a bit of Tunners over the years and what I've seen I like. Obviously still adjusting to the lift in tempo, and hope he Keeps improving. Simmo obviously has given him a role and is giving him time. Can't think of anybody in the 2s who plays a similar role that he's taking their spot.
No no one plays a similar role to him, that's why he got a game.that's not a huge endorsement
I think he could avoid the cut this year but if he doesn't start playing better at wafl level and maybe get a few more afl games he won't last past next season

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back