Jun 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U,Glory,Wildcats
Positives
3rd Quarter win!
Midfield (S Selwood, Priddis, Kerr)really stood up, Shuey especially in that 2nd half.
Waters I thought was brilliant
Schofield- Definitely looked the goods
A Selwood- Best game for the year
Forward line- Kennedy and Lecras, wat a duo
Hams-Stood tall, should not have been subbed off.

Negatives
Ebert- Struggled 9 disposals for an entire match.
Masten-2 touches. Loss something when Hams was subbed off. Surely will be dropped for the rest of the season
Waters possible suspension?-Wasn't even head high contact, Watson suffered massive damage though :(
2nd quarter wasn't great at all.

Yeah, not Masten's finest hour at all. Just did nothing. Hams made some mistakes for sure, but at least he made an effort to get the ball. Masten must have had a leather allergy or something.

I was disappointed with Masten, I thought he would have a real crack given the reprieve this week. He seemed to be around the ball a lot but never really got in the contest.

Positives :

-The defensive work of Schofield, Smith, Hurn, Selwood. Rarely beaten in one on ones,
-Our midfield. Looked classy in the second half
-Ebert, yes Ebert. I watched him run up and down the field all day. Worked his backside off defensively and was ignored running forward. Tackling was also good! He just didn't get the possessions.
-Waters, easily best 21.
-Top 4

Negatives:

-Cox, wasn't clean at all and took some selfish shots. His disposal was off and he needs to start passing off IMO.
-Hams, anyone that says he was good is delusional. Gave us nothing. Not damaging and got smashed by Heppell the other way.
-Masten, ran hard but didn't have an impact at all. Also dissapointed in the fact that he didn't get put in the middle as much as other subs have been. Really don't understand why.
-Fumbly first half.

Positives :

-The defensive work of Schofield, Smith, Hurn, Selwood. Rarely beaten in one on ones,
-Our midfield. Looked classy in the second half
-Ebert, yes Ebert. I watched him run up and down the field all day. Worked his backside off defensively and was ignored running forward. Tackling was also good! He just didn't get the possessions.
-Waters, easily best 21.
-Top 4

Negatives:

-Cox, wasn't clean at all and took some selfish shots. His disposal was off and he needs to start passing off IMO.
-Hams, anyone that says he was good is delusional. Gave us nothing. Not damaging and got smashed by Heppell the other way.
-Masten, ran hard but didn't have an impact at all. Also dissapointed in the fact that he didn't get put in the middle as much as other subs have been. Really don't understand why.
-Fumbly first half.

If that's the way that Masten is going to play then I'm glad he wasn't in the middle. Give those spots to players who actually are hungry for the ball, can get it, and know what to do with it once they've got it.

If that's the way that Masten is going to play then I'm glad he wasn't in the middle. Give those spots to players who actually are hungry for the ball, can get it, and know what to do with it once they've got it.

Judging from Mastens form before today I would say he knows how to get it. In the game 2 weeks ago he was sub and when he came on he was thrown into the middle and had an impact. Today he came on and had no impact, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying I was dissapinted he didn't get any time in the middle.

Positives
Good second half
Defence held up when Essendon were laying pressure with inside 50s
Crowd noise :)
Midfielders - Kerr and Shuey fantastic
Nic Nat is a freak
Mackenzie did really well I thought

Negatives
Masten - rot in the WAFL mate
First half forwards - didn't feel any of it bar maybe Nicoski's marks and presence.

Can't believe people are choosing to slaughter Masten when easily the worst player out their was Smith. I like Smith, he can be great when he's on song, but he has the decision making of a child. Shocking game.

Masten though should be dropped.

We had a poor day today and won by ten goals, that's a positive.

Masten was terrible, no doubt about it.

But I think its useless to play him as a sub for a quarter and a half then drop him.

I think Stevens should be brought in for the Brissie trip and let him and Masto and Hams fight it out for the sub spot in the finals.

Btw Gaff wasnt all that good today either. Part of me thinks he will crumble in the finals.

Masten was terrible, no doubt about it.

But I think its useless to play him as a sub for a quarter and a half then drop him.

I think Stevens should be brought in for the Brissie trip and let him and Masto and Hams fight it out for the sub spot in the finals.

Btw Gaff wasnt all that good today either. Part of me thinks he will crumble in the finals.

Yeah noticed,who was he playing on again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people are choosing to slaughter Masten when easily the worst player out their was Smith. I like Smith, he can be great when he's on song, but he has the decision making of a child. Shocking game.

Thank you. He was terrible today, barely had any effective disposals. Everytime I saw him he either missed a tackle, turned it over, or kicked it out on the full. If Waters gets off I'd dump Smith to make way for McGinnity next week.

How did you rate his shot on goal in the 1st quarter this week?
Just checked the stats he wasn't 100% last week and this week 33%.

His shot on goal was pretty damn average, and he had easily his worst game all year today. Ebert is one of those players, Swift's another one, people remember all his mistakes and raise them at every opportunity but never credit any of his owrk. Ebert has been in our top 10 for nearly every single game this year. People have very selective memories. 2010 Brad Ebert, couldn't get rid of him fast enough. 2011 Ebert, couldn't do enough to keep him at the club.

According to Inside 50 it was 100% so that's what my source was there. Plus he kicked 4 the week before. AND he was easily top 3 against Geelong, fought and tackled like his life depended on it. I have no idea how someone is meant to improve on that.

we played ugly and flat for 1st half...SEE WHAT NO MCGINNITY DOES!!??
but won by 10 goals!!???
so,so sweet...thank you footy gods.
even the 2nd half was pug-ugly footy and certainly unconvincing re skills and decisionmaking..once their skipper was outed,and they had a reduced bench..the eagles suddenly looked better?? i dont know, i cant see how they can beat a switched on hawks,cats or pies-theres something unconvincing about their wins-and i shouldnt be complaining..half the time they play like theyve still got one foot in 2010 especially re skills sets..i know it was 'really' pressured footy today..
i'm kind of expecting us to get absolutely smashed in the finals...like we're punching above our weight,and somehow getting away with it?
but if we make a real dent in the finals-apart from being truly amazed, i'll eat my hat!! (better buy one first)..well,at least my words.
(maybe its just their 'grinding machine' style of play that is ugly..the goals certainly arent.)

thought hams was better than masten? (fwiw)
give swift or stevens another go..
smith not good with pressure yet - brainfarted.
missed rosa and darling..
hirds face..a joy to behold!
all in all, a strange ugly yet sweet day at the office!

Positives:
Another 10 goal win after 2 quarters of footy
JK and Lec both had a game at the same time
Naitanui continus to develop as a ruckman
Schoey and EMac played great defensive games
Scott Selwood is a tackling machine
Daniel Kerr

Negatives:
We only played 2 quarters
Waters' report
Quiet game out of Ebert, too quiet
Masten didn't do his selection chances any favours
A few too many easy transition goals in the first half
Crowd only got involved once there were a few fights - really need a vocal lift. Dead quiet at times for 38k people
No Shue chant

Positives
The bump on Watson
Kerr

Negatives
The home crowd not wanting to get into it until we were a few goals up.
Umpires.

His shot on goal was pretty damn average, and he had easily his worst game all year today. Ebert is one of those players, Swift's another one, people remember all his mistakes and raise them at every opportunity but never credit any of his owrk. Ebert has been in our top 10 for nearly every single game this year. People have very selective memories. 2010 Brad Ebert, couldn't get rid of him fast enough. 2011 Ebert, couldn't do enough to keep him at the club.

According to Inside 50 it was 100% so that's what my source was there. Plus he kicked 4 the week before. AND he was easily top 3 against Geelong, fought and tackled like his life depended on it. I have no idea how someone is meant to improve on that.

according to some people on here he needs to hit 100% of targets, get 20+ touches, 7 tackles and AT LEAST 2 goals. anything below this and we should trade/delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back