Positives/Negatives vs. GWS (This should be interesting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing The 90s

All Australian
Apr 26, 2009
Ainsworth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sunshine Heights
The negatives are obvious, so I'll let others point those out.

Positives:
- After the Hawthorn game, many accepted that our season was over. If you had have said we'd finish 8th after that game, there are not many here who wouldn't have taken it.
- Cunnington has been sensational since Ziebell's suspension. I'd written him off (for this year only), but he has turned it around dramatically.
- We get Wells and Grima back next week.
- We can't play any worse than that, surely! (Touch wood)
- We won... apparently

Pos.
Thompson, Cunners, Harper, Campbell
Neg.
Goldy thrashed again
Ziebell time to drop him
Delaney. would struggle to get a game for Heywood 3rds
Tarrant did nothing gave away a reverse free kick, dropped too many sitters
Anthony worst footballer in the AFL
Macmillan useless

Scotty Thompson (after a horrible start) kept a cool head and really kept our backline under control. After the first quarter it seemed like everyone in the back but him was having the fumbles.

Pos

Essendon supporters are more interested in North than Essendon
Cunnington
Thompson
Campbell
Harper

Neg

Our complete inability to transfer our Docklands game plan to outside arenas
Ziebell is shocking right now. Had his arse handed to him by a kid with 3 hairs on his balls and the muscle definition of an 8 year old girl.
Goldy is taking on too much
LA's disposal
Lachie and Spittas injuries
Cruize, Bastis, Tazzas, Boomers and Atleys inability to impact

We are making up the numbers next week.

Positives:

We get a crack at finals for the 1st time since 2008
Had some good performances today from Harps, Dish, Cunners, Flash, Fish looked good, Loose, Hunter.

Negatives:
A lot players down on form and this was a nothing game for us - had our minds on next week.
LA's disposal is a real concern
Basti's attack on the ball and lack of urgency is poor, he is just coasting - doesn't chase, doesn't put his body on the line, doesn't shepherd, smother, tackle = too soft
Taz's form is a big worry, dropped so many marks, hardly impacted a contest, looked lost.

I think that the plaeyrs are tired, it has been a long season. The turnaround in the last 12 weeks has most likely taken its toll, physically and mentally. This is where the teams that have experienced more than 22 weeks of football will now stand up (ie, played finals before). I am happy with their season overall, next year they will be even better.

At the end of the day there are 10 teams below us that would rather be in our position than theirs. People can say they would rather not play finals if they are 'just making up the numbers'; screw that, savour the moment and learn from it.

Positives:
Kieran's 4 goals
Scott T's effort

Negatives:
A collective mental weakness at the club that's been in place for 10 years now - not being to ice the end of a season. Do we have a Jonah in the team?
Goldstein is developing some powderpuff traits
Majority of the team can't stick a ******* tackle
Appalling skills under sometimes little pressure
Pissing up a home final opportunity with an inability to gain percentage on the wooden spoon side

Neutral:
I REALLY hope we are doing something different in our prep we means we're about to spring into action next week.. somehow I doubt it.

4 weeks ago, if you'd said Wells would miss a couple then be right for the finals, I'd have expected Garlett to replace him, then be the first out. He wasn't great tonight, but certainly looked more skilful, and more interested, than Anthony.

Delaney may become a good footballer, but he ain't there yet. Out for Grima.

Hopefully, Wells & Grima are fit, and Hansen is ok for next week. And hopefully, the whole team plays with more urgency, commitment and skill next week.

Just some perspective.

R22 Saints Def GWS 163 to 35
St Kilda Attribute GWS
186.4cm Height 186.2cm
85.5kg Weight 81.0kg
24yr 8mth Age 21yr 5mth
77.5 Games 28.8

R23
North Def GWS 105 to 77
GWS Attribute North Melbourne
186.6cm Height 186.8cm
84.0kg Weight 85.4kg
23yr 2mth Age 24yr 4mth
51.4 Games 68.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some perspective.

R22 Saints Def GWS 163 to 35
St Kilda Attribute GWS
186.4cm Height 186.2cm
85.5kg Weight 81.0kg
24yr 8mth Age 21yr 5mth
77.5 Games 28.8

R23
North Def GWS 105 to 77
GWS Attribute North Melbourne
186.6cm Height 186.8cm
84.0kg Weight 85.4kg
23yr 2mth Age 24yr 4mth
51.4 Games 68.0
Interesting "perspective" KH, thanks. But you should know that "perspective" is now officially renamed "okay you lot". ;):thumbsu:

Positives
Cunnington
Campbell
Thompson

Negatives
Our chronic weakness at stoppages (we rank 13th) is highlighted when our work rate drops away( as it has in the last two weeks)
Our decision making and cleanness with the ball have also sharply declined.
It seems like we have just been killing time since the Collingwood game. Just waiting for finals
I'm hoping we can turn it all back on next week but I'm not sure that's how form works

Wells and Grima better play and they better play well
Ziebell and McMillan are hopeless ATM
It feels like we are suddenly just making up numbers in the eight.
A win in Perth can easily convince me otherwise
A lot of guys need to lift next week if we are going to be any chance against the weagles.

4 weeks ago, if you'd said Wells would miss a couple then be right for the finals, I'd have expected Garlett to replace him, then be the first out. He wasn't great tonight, but certainly looked more skilful, and more interested, than Anthony.

The first is a given, jacko. Liam's disposal at times today was comically bad. I've seen more skillful Luke Delaneys.

The latter is a pretty hard sell when you weigh up Garlett's 8 touches v Liam's 27 disposals. Sure he torched a lot of those (a couple of times it was like he actually held off on the handball until he was able to successfully sell his teammate into trouble), and his workrate was down on previous weeks, but Cruize contributed roughly 3/5ths of f.a. today.

(Whereas I had Liam down for just the 2/5ths.)

It's all positive.

Home and away season is finished and this group gets to taste September action!

It doesn't get much better than that, I couldn't give a s**t where we played, it's bloody exciting and a fantastic achievement.

Stuff the negatives, it's do or die now and we have nothing to lose/everything to look forward to next year and beyond!!

Home and away season is finished and this group gets to taste September action!

It doesn't get much better than that, I couldn't give a s**t where we played, it's bloody exciting and a fantastic achievement.

Stuff the negatives, it's do or die now and we have nothing to lose/everything to look forward to next year and beyond!!

Yep. That'll do me.

The first is a given, jacko. Liam's disposal at times today was comically bad. I've seen more skillful Luke Delaneys.

The latter is a pretty hard sell when you weigh up Garlett's 8 touches v Liam's 27 disposals. Sure he torched a lot of those (a couple of times it was like he actually held off on the handball until he was able to successfully sell his teammate into trouble), and his workrate was down on previous weeks, but Cruize contributed roughly 3/5ths of f.a. today.

(Geographical) povo that I am, I haven't seen the game yet, so ignore this post at your peril.

Even if LA was kicking fireworks around sheedy park, his work rate is unquestionable. This is an attribute that wins finals. Heidegger save us if skills are all we're looking for.

Couldnt see the game and it was pretty excruciating listening to it.

No one here has mentioned Mullet? Came in as a late inclusion and sounded alright, quite good SC score (all I have to go off).

Would he be a chance to hold his spot next week with the severe underpermance of the whole side? Sounds like we could use some fresh legs, even though I know you want tough as guys players for finals.

And Cruze played 98% game time! He was the worst there. Despite not playing well, Anthony still got it 27 times and had 7 score involvements.

Anthony was far from the worst despite some bad clangers and I reckon has never played as bad a game as Cruze just put in.

He gets no love on here anymore but I thought Bastinac was excellent on Sunday. His kicking was efficient (a massive improvement on some past games) and his handpassing was as crisp as ever. But the thing that stood out to me was his composure and decision making. He has a way of negotiating his way through traffic and picking out the best option more often than not. Actually hitting that target has been his issue this year but I thought he had a great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back