Positives & Negatives vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheed can't tackle but he shrugs off tackles as if the tackler was himself. He got some serious core strength to do that and not be a beast.

Rewatching it now without guests distracting me from the most important thing in life: the football.

Second week in a row our best passage of end-to-end play was started by a Luke Shuey switch. 18:30 mark in Q2, results in Cripps’ great set shot finish. When Shuey is making the decisions across half back, something incisive is going to happen.

Positive- we're now 7th or equal 3rd on points...and a game clear of Freo at 8th - always a bonus!

Apparently only won due to umpiring according to saints nuffies..
And I assume it was the umpires that couldn't hit a target for them too?

I agree we got a pretty good run on balance but we were also clearly the better side. If we hadn't been similarly shithouse kicking for goal in the last quarter we would have blitzed them.

The Freo board is 100% bonkers. Prior to perusing their board, razor was the only ump i knew by name. They have this individualised obsession with umpires.

The tin foil Margetts hate is all time.

They hate Margetts with a burning passion, even though from all reports he’s actually a Fremantle fan.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rewatching it now without guests distracting me from the most important thing in life: the football.

Second week in a row our best passage of end-to-end play was started by a Luke Shuey switch. 18:30 mark in Q2, results in Cripps’ great set shot finish. When Shuey is making the decisions across half back, something incisive is going to happen.

Could see Shuey potentially taking a half back role as he slows down and one of Hurn or Jetta retire. Would need to learn to do anything in a marking contest tho.

+ Jetta's kick ins and kicking generally
- Exceptional backline but wish we had more dare - our ball movement is so static. Looking forward to Franky Watson getting it all together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was very impressed by the win.We were clearly the better side all night and were never going to lose.
..Ryan was fantastic and ive wanted im up in the midfield for a while.He is just silk! The kick across the 50 to Petrol was superb.
..That was the best mark JK has ever taken....EVER!!
..Venables was very clean.
..Contrary to some opinions i thought Vardy gave us real oomph.
..Great workrate from the team.I watched Syd-Essendon on friday and thought look at the workrate;we cant match that ;but we did.
..We won well without a big contribution [ again ] from Guv.
Negatives...JD looked ordinary a lot of the time
''We dont look short enough going forward.Look at Richmond;every time they got the ball wider,around or in the 50; they looked infield for a 15-20m kick.

I think WC should use Gov up the ground more.Teams are basing whole game plans around bypassing good intercept players.If the ball wont come to Gov;Gov needs to go to the ball! With his footy brain,marking power and superb kicking skills he would dominate the midfield.
Waterman could also play close to goal if we need to drop JD or use JK up field more to get him in play.
Last year is officially dead.We now need to get back that flexibility of last year. We are not going to get back to playing 2018 footy.We need to be innovative and brave.Saturday was a step in the right direction.

We can only get better from now on. Let's not forget we had NN most of last season, so not having him and Lycett with Hickey injured is a massive loss for us and massive positive being 5-3 without a ruck really. TB is also a massive out and to win as many as we can before he comes back in is huge for us. Rioli is also a massive out for us at this stage. His x factor is huge. We have beaten both Pies and GWS without him. If we build it the way we are doing and have those guys back as long as we finish top 5 I am happy. top 4 and we are really dangerous if other teams slip up. If we finish top 2, then forget it, we are fav to go back to the GF.

Random question friends (and I didn’t watch, so I don’t know the answer) but do players kicking out now get credited with a possession automatically? How does it work?

Given Jetta’s low numbers I suppose not?

They get some sort of stat for it I think, not sure what it is but I remember reading something about it in the Fantasy rules for 2019

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Random question friends (and I didn’t watch, so I don’t know the answer) but do players kicking out now get credited with a possession automatically? How does it work?

no stat for a kick out, unless they play on.

Yes, from this year the kick out counts as a stat.

Liam Ryan was the biggest positive for WC on saturday night. His contested marking is the best I've ever seen from a small forward. His vertical leap and ability to hold onto the ball so consistently is incredible. I've never seen him run so hard either. He pushed right back defensively, and even saved goals.

Jetta was good I think. He doesn't need a lot of possessions to have an impact. He might only get 5 touches, but 2 might result in a goal. It's the little things Jetta does that people who haven't played footy won't understand.

Sheed was good. Cripps is working to form. Darling making it to contests consistently is positive.

Good win, I reckon we need Willie and Liam to kick a couple of goals together so that our forward line can be as fierce as it was last year, hopefully, Willie will play on Friday. If he does... watch out melbourne
willie is a dick rider

Richboy69 shut the * up you dont know no s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back