Universal Love Positives of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

019403-9093f1ec-e266-11e4-b60a-424ceb2f883c.jpg

This game and this bloke. I just love how much he gives this club and without his efforts this year I struggle to imagine where we would be.
Not bad for a bloke who most wanted to trade/delist a few years ago.
Hats off to Cale!

WADA appeal was the week after that Hawks game...
I think this year would have gone very differently if not for the appeal but unfortunately we will never know for sure. I still don't think we would finished top 4, but personally I would have guessed maybe around the 5-8 mark.

Personally I think we were set up to fail by the afl as soon as the draw was released. Sydney and Hawthorn to be 1-1 after that was an amazing result. Losing myers early killed us and hocking out for half of the season. Our draw from there didn't get much easier- freo away and north and hawks twice before playing lower sides.

BUT MY POSITIVES
Hooksy- just love his attitude and that will to fight whichever end of the ground he is at
Hurls- huge season and if our coaching panel actually played our best back 6 week in week out our percentage would not be so low
Bags- getting more the ball then ever- and has a RED hot crack
Colyer- hit a new level until injury stopped him
The Debuts of Langford and Laverde and by years end they will each had 6-8 games and a bit of a taste they both look CLASS and have fantastic natural size about them- another pre season and then hopefully get 15-20 games next year each
ZACH MERRETT- STAR IN THE MAKING tackling next level. Need him on the outside with a bit of space so he can hit those targets
Jackson Merrett- to a lesser extent but if we can get it in his hands a lot more his kicking to a lead inside 50 is delightful.
JOEY D- just love watching him compete- 2 years away from breaking out! Building steadily 50 goals should be the aim next year
Stanton- having a good season and in absence of jobe has tried his ass off
Also liked the fact we have a got a few more games into some younger guys
Jobe- Can only get better then this season god I love him
Heppell- busts his ass needs a hand- pure class though

Clearly there will be anwhere from 9-12 list changes this year that are needed. Might even have to float a few names up to either scare the players or to get a decent swap such as Zaka and Melksham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I love about Essendon's list, is the fact we have our KPPs sorted. We just need an established ruckman, then all of our young midfielders should click at around the same time, as our slightly older KPPs.

Eg. Daniher, Carlisle, Langford and Laverde will be in their prime at the same time.
I don't buy this. We some great top end talent but zero depth. Gwilt coming good at the end of the season may change all that with Hurley, Gwilt and Carlisle together in defence next year and Daniher, Hooker and McKernan up forward next year it could go all right with Bellchambers being fit. We could afford to play one less tall than that too. Hopefully pick 5 is a gun KPP that will automatically be depth next year though. Giles is ruck depth obviously.

I think next year Laverde, Edwards and Langford can have an impact up forward playing in that structure I just mentioned. I can also see Colyer and Zaka both fit making more of an impact when we have a genuine engine room out there.

Typical Bomber supporter that I am I can see a surprise turn around by our boys if we have a half decent run with injuries. Damn well deserve it!

Positives: R2, Cooney Chapman Gwilt all retiring hopefully
Negatives: Fletcher retiring , every game from round 4 onwards

Positives: R2, Cooney Chapman Gwilt all retiring hopefully
Negatives: Fletcher retiring , every game from round 4 onwards
We've won thrice since Round 3: St Kilda (admittedly a s**t performance, but still), Brisbane and Melbourne.

Brisbane was a good solid performance and the Melbourne win was enjoyable at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back