Positives

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhode might be lining up for unemployment on tuesday, that counts as a positive right ?:)

1. At least I was able to watch my favourite movie of all time "Friendly Persuasion" with Gary Cooper and Dorothy Macguire while listening to the match.

2. We aren't on the match of the week on Fox Sportsworld next week and we're not featured on the Highlights program.

3. I just ate some of my Easter chocolate. It's Easter Sunday now.

4. The Cubs might win today.

5. I'll be going to see the Cubs play on Wednesday. They'd better win.

6. It's not going to snow anymore this season.

7. I just got a cell phone.

8. I'm going to Dolly Parton's theme park "Dollywood" next weekend. Yehaw!

9. I love my digital camera.

10. I wasn't at the MCG.

No Resurrection today.:(

Grant and Rawlings werent to badly hurt.

We played as badly as I remember us playing and only lost by 11 points.

I got a free little footy from the origin giveaway.

My kids really enjoyed easter.

We wont be playing any worse.

Bowden continues to improve.

Bassett was a positive today, much more accountable and spoils better than Hargrave, Robertson didnt get near it.

Originally posted by Curly5
Can anyone think of any? :confused:

Positives:
Bowden was very good for 3 Q. Terrific mark in the 3rd Q.
Harris went toe to toe with the inform Neitz.
Harrison was a solid 4 Q player.
Eagleton's 2nd efforts and desire was sensational.
Bassett a solid effort like Harrison.
Cooney getting better.
West and Smith as always solid contribution.
Murphy did a good job in defence
Tackle count still very good.

Negatives:
Darcy's brain freeze which cost us an easy goal. (Not a natural forward)
Robbins coughing up the ball which cost a goal.
Missed shots in the dying moments of the 2nd and 3rd Q.
Midfield still not functioning. Needs more from Guido and Hahn.
Can't free up the runners of Smith and Power.

Looking ahead: The Hawks next week.
Must curb Crawford and ensure that Thompson does not have a day out.

Before anyone jumps down my throat (and there were a few ppl at the game that did for what I am about to say) I thought that there were some positives from Cooney... even if he seems to be playing a bit out of his league at this stage and his disposal is pretty ordinary to say the least

For one his ability to get the ball (which is more than I can say for guys like Garlick and a few others) is and know where it is going to end up has to be a positive and its only a matter of time before he gets some confidence with his disposal and then we will find out the reason he was taken with our #1 pick last year.

He does seem a bit arrogant when he gets the ball and always tries to take on his opponent when 1 on 1 and I think the reason for this is that he would have been able to get away with it in the SANFL as there is such a difference in skill level between that league and the AFL... once he works that out (and adds a defensive side to his game) he will be a much better and more damaging player for us, for many years to come.

Everyone keeps looking at players such as Chris Judd who was drafted at number 3 and played straight away and with explosive skills etc... and hoping that all our draft picks will be like him, able to win games off their own boot... the simple fact is that Judd is a freak and one of those players that don't come around very often.

All I can say is give the kid a break... afterall I don't see any of you guys out there running around and getting a kick (as I said to a few of guys sitting behind me at the footy today in no uncertain terms!)

I thought Jordaman did ok from what I saw of him. How much ground time did he get by the way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordy did not get enuff of a run I thought... he seemed to be the only one who was able to find space when he was on and make the most of his game time... his 2 goals were all class and I dunno why he was off for most of the 2nd half.

Harris: great game at full back under constant pressure and continues to improve
McMahon: played will with an interuupted pre season and limited game time
Basset: did well cosidering first game at this level for almost 12 months
Giansiracusa: better than last year- can get better though.
Bowden: continues to take great stride foward. Appreciating having the third or fourth best defender.

Originally posted by Jimmy#5
Jordy did not get enuff of a run I thought... he seemed to be the only one who was able to find space when he was on and make the most of his game time... his 2 goals were all class and I dunno why he was off for most of the 2nd half.

I dont know either...maybe we should ask Rhode :mad:

*Eagle
*Neitz couldn't kick straight
*Davey couldn't kick straight
*Bassett looked alright
*If the Dogs had've got to Street's taps he'd have been among the better players...shame he's the proverbial **** on a bull around the ground
*Paddy Bowden looked dangerous
*didn't lose by as much as we should have.

The cup ceremony was really good. Did anyone think anything of the players warming up whilst such a significant event for the club was going on? Didn't do them any good, did it?

. Cooney played well, is getting better every week
. Harrison got 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 9 marks and a goal, should shut up all the people who bag him!
. Had a nice breakfast
. Patty Bowden was good
. Street looked his usual cool self
. Bassett wasn't bad
. Eagle (thats all i have to say)
. Charlie Sutton
. Harris played well on Neitz

List might look long but lots more negatives

Originally posted by doggies1954

. Harrison got 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 9 marks and a goal, should shut up all the people who bag him!
Agree, he played a shocker last week but he bounced back well and shut down a bloke who kicked a bagful against the Bulldogs about 6 or 8 months ago against Richmond.

Originally posted by doggies1954
Harrison got 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 9 marks and a goal, should shut up all the people who bag him!

You'd think so wouldn't ya, but unfortunately it hasn't for some people

Harro was very good today. Not only did he get the ball himself, but he murdered Holland who was dragged after only taking 2 marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back