True_Roo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2000
Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
On what was a pretty grim night, I thought there were a at least a few positives to appreciate.

Harris, this kid has looked pretty good everytime he's played (he also trains very hard). His goal at the end of the first quarter was excellent. He managed to apply six tackles, which is indicative of his endeavour. He's very strong, fast and tough for such a young player.
He's still got a long way to go, but he should make the grade.

D.Smith, while he didn't have a great game, his performance in the last quarter
(7 touches) has renewed my excitment. He managed , in heavy traffic, to weave his way around a few players and give a nice pass to a leading Rocca. This is an area that gravely we need work in: delivery into the forward line. He's still a long way off, but I think that he too will make the grade.

Rocca, although he was forced to play up the ground, he did manage to take some good leading marks. He is also looking quite fit.

Stevo, he's back to his best.
Grant, got plenty of it and is back in form (although his disposal was a little wayward).

Anyway, I'm not too depressed about the result. Let's face it, Essendon have lost only a few times in the last three seasons, they're an awesome side and we should take that fact into account when looking at ourselves.
smile.gif

Other than the youngsters the only other positive was that we saw how far we are behind Ess and we've got 21 weeks to do something about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back