Universal Love Positivity.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we can cover the injuries. Guys like Moore, Reid, Elliott and Greenwood are set for returns. Varcoe is back in the VFL. We just need to navigate the Dons game and bring some quality back in over a few weeks.

Elliott will allow JDG to take Treloars midfield minutes. Between Mihocek, Moore and Reid we'll find an adequate replacement for Dunn.

We're playing confident and damaging footy right now. With WHE, Stevo and De Goey we have proven match winners that break games in the blink of an eye. Our ruck is a second midfielder out there who not only hurts the opposition around the ground but crushes bodies and minds while he's doing it.

There's plenty to feel confident about with this team and I'm loving the ride bumps and all!

Problem is can we replace the Leadership of Treloar and Dunn?

Problem is can we replace the Leadership of Treloar and Dunn?

We sure can. Mihocek seems like a cool head and Reid has a wealth of experience. There are other big voices in that back line group like Langdon and Howe.

With Treloar, sure it's tough, but De Goey is having his break out year and is arguably as impactful as Treloar. De Goey has spent most of his time forward. But thats okay because Elliott is close to returning so we cover it fine. Don't forgrt Grundy either. He's like another mid in there, it's almost unfair how good he is at winning contested ball, so we already have a buffer there in midfield.

Positivity Dave! With a bit of luck and smarts we'll cover their loss!

The theme this year has been we've been able to cover "roles". Treloar we can cover with the depth we've got, Dunn is not so easy given his on field leadership however we do have options to cover.

Seems that Mihocek will go back which he looks comfortable doing and is a seasoned defender and has adapted to the top level immediately. Who covers his role up forward? I'd argue that McClarty may get a debut spot even given his indifferent vfl form however he has been training and playing as a ruck forward role.

Funnily enough that gives us flexibility because he's a natural defender, the other choice it to go 1 tall in Cox forward - unlikely I know but he's visually getting better in the aerial department with marking and bringing ball to ground.

Depending on opp, venue, weather etc. we actually have a lot of options to cover - you wouldn't think so on face value but there it is.

For some reason we've been able to fill the holes probably because the group as a whole has been trained to adapt to the "in case". I actually have confidence it will continue rather than it will just fall away all of a sudden.

The positive in me says we are getting our injuries out of the way now and will have as close to a full list as possible come grand final day.

Meanwhile the Tuggers go into GF day depleted with injuries from a tough prelim final.

Pies win the GF by 35 in a cakewalk

We sure can. Mihocek seems like a cool head and Reid has a wealth of experience. There are other big voices in that back line group like Langdon and Howe.

With Treloar, sure it's tough, but De Goey is having his break out year and is arguably as impactful as Treloar. De Goey has spent most of his time forward. But thats okay because Elliott is close to returning so we cover it fine. Don't forgrt Grundy either. He's like another mid in there, it's almost unfair how good he is at winning contested ball, so we already have a buffer there in midfield.

Positivity Dave! With a bit of luck and smarts we'll cover their loss!

Problem Reid seems Permanently Injured

I think we all need to take a step back and realise that compared to recent years prior, its finally great to be a Collingwood supporter.
-Beat Carlton (twice)
-Beat Essendon on ANZAC Day
-Beat Adelaide @ Adelaide as heavy underdogs (as it turns out they weren't as good as the seemed but oh well)
-Beat an in-form Melbourne side we were expect by the media to drop
-Media is no longer on our and Buckley's back 24/7
-Buckley is starting to look younger
-Jaidyn. Stephenson.
-Plenty of HUGE step ups in performance such as Tom Phillips (despite last 2 weeks) who last year I would be pressing to count him in our best 22.

Clear, blue skies are ahead for what this team can achieve this year. If we've had to consider the possibility we might win the flag, you know it's been a good year (not that I expect to). These next few weeks are crucial in the direction the team will take. As the OP said, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. That's the attitude we must grind these next few weeks out in, injuries or no injuries.

Floreat Pica.

Also, Scharenburg.

We’ve really developed our youngsters this year — that’s been a bonus to the injuries. We know we’ve got great depth. So next year, we should be in brilliant shape for a tilt at the flag.

It’s not out of the question this year either, if Moore and Elliot come good — plus the return of Aish, maybe Fasolo and maybe Treloar late.

I’ve been feeling down (I know every Magpie has) about all these injuries and basically have given up on this season.

But I decided, the Collingwood army need to bind together and fight through this. So this thread is all about positivity. Nothing else.

We need to be strong. We won’t let these injuries defeat us. We will stand Side by Side. Fight through this. We will be better. We won’t sit down. We won’t give up. We will not give up. We are still 2nd on the ladder!! We are the MIGHTY F-CKING BLACK & WHITE.

View attachment 521301
I am positive Geelong will smack the Swans tonight out of love and respect for the Mighty Pies.
Thankyou in advance Catters.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m positive that my 5 year old now wants to play as the magpies when we are playing kick to kick. It was touch and go there for awhile with his Mum’s team (bombers).

I'm feeling pretty down because I actually think we are a genuine shot at it this year. A Richmond v Collingwood Grand Final would be epic.

I feel like the only thing stopping us is injuries.

I've been fine with Moore, Reid, Varcoe, Wells and Elliott because these guys only play 50% of games anyway. So we know how to play without them.

But Treloar and Dunn are irreplaceable.

I think if we get some of the guys listed above back and in good form, then we can still have a crack at it. I reckon Elliott and Varcoe can really add something to forward line which unleashes De Goey into the midfield. I reckon Moore and Reid can slot in down back to make up for Dunn.

Treloar is an extremely durable player who barely misses. So if he is fit by round 22 or 23, he'd have the bye heading into the finals to get himself right. He could even slot in at full forward and add something come finals.

We need a bit of luck from here. I don't think we can make top 4 with our current side, but I think we can if we get Elliott, Varcoe, Moore and Reid back into some decent form. Then there is still Aish as well who can fill a void in the middle. I reckon Sam Murray could be a smokey as well. Strikes me as the sort of player that can have a big month in finals.
I'm not sure Dunn is irreplaceable but time will tell. Let's see how Mihocek and/or darcy do in defence. YOu're rigght about those injury prone players, I'm not sure which o them had bad soft tissue histories when drafted, ie how much of it is bad luck and how much calculated risk. Pretty sure Moore fits in latter category and obviously Wells, not sure about Elliot Varcoe and Reid. So some bad luck there but maybe no more than average for any side.

I'd say Treloar loss is equivalent to losing Cochin or maybe even Jack or Dusty. Hopefully can be back for finals but that seems a long shot. Elliot and Moore would be great but if they become important to structure it could be very damaging if they goes down again to have to readjust without them at pointy end.

If we can beat Essendon undermanned then I will start to believe we can do something special this year :)
I agree...this Sunday is the crossroads for me.
Win...I’m a believer...let’s go! TOP 4 with players coming back next few weeks.
Lose...here we go again...season derailed by injuries & miss out on a TOP 10 draft pick in a Super draft.

The positive in me says we are getting our injuries out of the way now and will have as close to a full list as possible come grand final day.

Meanwhile the Tuggers go into GF day depleted with injuries from a tough prelim final.

I wont lie if that occurs ill be giving it to all the peanut tiger supporters on the mainboard. Ill do it even if it isn't us who beats them.

I could be wrong but my memory of the Bulldogs flag was that they had plenty of injuries through the year and they all came back at the right time. The challenge is to hang in there in the meantime.

I could be wrong but my memory of the Bulldogs flag was that they had plenty of injuries through the year and they all came back at the right time. The challenge is to hang in there in the meantime.
The week off before finals really helped them.

I am positive Geelong will smack the Swans tonight out of love and respect for the Mighty Pies.
Thankyou in advance Catters.:thumbsu:
Goddamned lazy friggin Crows, gutless mob of shirtlifters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back