Possible AFL Live 3 or AFL Live 2 2015 DLC coming???

Remove this Banner Ad

the_one_1

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Just had a look at what seems to be the official AFL Live 2 page by Wicked Witch on Facebook.

Someone commented on a post asking for an AFL Live 2 update or next gen release and got a reply

"will make an announcement as soon as we have the power to do so!"

So we could definitely see either an update to AFL Live 2 or a next gen release coming up... Possibly still, but good news.

Anyone remember when AFL Live came out followed by the iOS version... Think AFL Live 2 is heading the same direction. We should see AFL Live 3 news come out soon hopefully end of the year... But it might most definitely be by Wicked Witch. Either way, if this news is true... I'm excited.

Link to comment: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=477238639093789&id=207609499390039

Good news!!!

I actually like AFL Live 2 as much as I like AFL Live 1, they both have their pros and cons, now after playing AFL Live 2 for a while, I really enjoy it, though I think BIg Ant could do something great with a new edition. Wicked Witch would be in the box seat to develop new editions one would assume and I'd be happy with that, as long as they can really improve the graphics and certain aspects of game play.

Hopefully they release something great for the next game.

Either way a new game for next gen is due. Either developer is fine with me.

I read some of the nasty criticisms on the wicked witch FB page and cringe. Do these people actually play the console version and did they give it a chance?? For one the graphics is better, gameplay is good, it's a nice game. Not perfect, neither is the Big Ant version.

Last edited:
AFL Live 2 does cop it a lot more than it should (while AFL Live 1's problems get ignored more than it should), it brings some good ideas to the table but to me there's just too much frustration with AFL Live 2's basic gameplay for me to want to play it. Basic things like kicking, handballing, marking, spoiling, the player AI and the way the ball bounces just feel so off.
I'm not sure about the graphics, some things do look better and more detailed but other things look worse. I feel like AFL Live 1 looks a bit nicer overall mainly because the colours are brighter. Either way, both games are pretty poor in the graphics department, particularly when you have to look at the crowd.

I probably would but a Wicked Witch made AFL Live 3 but unless there's been some big improvements to the gameplay I'd stop playing it pretty quickly like I did with AFL Live 2.

Good news!!!

I actually like AFL Live 2 as much as I like AFL Live 1, they both have their pros and cons, now after playing AFL Live 2 for a while, I really enjoy it, though I think BIg Ant could do something great with a new edition. Wicked Witch would be in the box seat to develop new editions one would assume and I'd be happy with that, as long as they can really improve the graphics and certain aspects of game play.

Hopefully they release something great for the next game.

Either way a new game for next gen is due. Either developer is fine with me.

I read some of the nasty criticisms on the wicked witch FB page and cringe. Do these people actually play the console version and did they give it a chance?? For one the graphics is better, gameplay is good, it's a nice game. Not perfect, neither is the Big Ant version.

I 100% agree with you. Both games have their pros and cons. Even Fifa has pros and cons. Yet people still love and play the game.

I want to actually see both Wicked Witch and Big Ant collaborate together and create kind of a hybrid developer AFL game and call that AFL Live 3. Can only hope. But don't see that happening.

AFL Live 2 does cop it a lot more than it should (while AFL Live 1's problems get ignored more than it should), it brings some good ideas to the table but to me there's just too much frustration with AFL Live 2's basic gameplay for me to want to play it. Basic things like kicking, handballing, marking, spoiling, the player AI and the way the ball bounces just feel so off.
I'm not sure about the graphics, some things do look better and more detailed but other things look worse. I feel like AFL Live 1 looks a bit nicer overall mainly because the colours are brighter. Either way, both games are pretty poor in the graphics department, particularly when you have to look at the crowd.

I probably would but a Wicked Witch made AFL Live 3 but unless there's been some big improvements to the gameplay I'd stop playing it pretty quickly like I did with AFL Live 2.

Well said.

The big issue with AFL 2 for me is the game play, when the ball goes down to your defence you can basically flip a coin on whether your not your players will be in position. Similarly it's crushingly anti climactic when you've got a decent game on your hands and then inexplicably your full forward is standing alone in the goal square for the next three or four entries. At the end of the day the AI is way off and it kills the experience. If they fixed this then they would be on the way to making a game that is as enjoyable as AFL 1.

I would bet money that there is another patch for AFL 2 coming up. They've created the new lists for the ipad game, why not tweak a few things in the console version, apply the lists and make a few easy bob. If it's called AFL 3 I'd be really surprised if it's still much more than that. A genuine sequel for the next gen consoles is surely 2 -3 years off.

The big issue for Live 2 for me is the game is too slow. Especially on higher difficulties players get runned down from behind easy. And the camera adjust too slowly not allowing you to see what's up the field quick enough before you kick.

Another IOS port?

Yep and given how it was previously another AFL Live game.

Also on the afl gaming site, just saw an update I have never seen. Big Ant have said they are not developing AFL Live 3 at all (from a Facebook post). Meaning 100% we should be getting an AFL Live game (being worked on) but not by Big Ant.

Bullshit. AFL Live 2 was near-unplayable trash. It looked and played like something made for smart phones. No, AFL Live 1 was not perfect, but its core gameplay was far closer to the mark than 2. Live 1 just needed more polish, whereas 2 was a complete mess.

Bullshit. AFL Live 2 was near-unplayable trash. It looked and played like something made for smart phones. No, AFL Live 1 was not perfect, but its core gameplay was far closer to the mark than 2. Live 1 just needed more polish, whereas 2 was a complete mess.
So what part of my post was bullshit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like playing it but I'd still take it over any of the pre-AFL Live games. I can't defend it too much but I don't think it's as unplayable as you and a lot of other people do.

I agree with you there. I don't understand this "unplayable" that people say. I know they aren't expecting FIFA, and yeah it was just a slight upgrade of the IOS/Wii version, but i really dont see why people are treating it like is a bag of burning faeces on their doorstep. Ive spent many hours playing pretty much every AFL game since AFL 2005, and while Live was my favourite, I hated the fact there was no career. After i gave about 2 hours of gameplay into AFL Live 2, i was hooked on the career. But i guess everyone has their own expectations. Im just happy they even bothered to make a game. Its never going to be a massive market regardless of who creates it and how good the quality of it is. BigAnt always will be the one who can make the best version of it, but for now I don't really care who makes them, as long as they keep coming and improving from here

This is why everyone was so disappointed when Big Ant didn't develop AFL Live 2. Had they developed it, they could have fixed some of the core problems with Live 1, polished the game play and made further advancements, rather than Wicked Witch practically starting from scratch and going backwards from Live 1 in many ways.

They'll never have the passion of the BA guys and that's fair enough, but as long as effort is given I'm more than happy to accept whatever is given.

That's the kind of attitude that ensures we'll keep getting shitty games. TruBlu knows most people will buy shithouse AFL games purely because it's AFL, so why pay an actual video game company to make when a dodgy mobile app developer will do it cheaper?

Ive spent many hours playing pretty much every AFL game since AFL 2005, and while Live was my favourite, I hated the fact there was no career. After i gave about 2 hours of gameplay into AFL Live 2, i was hooked on the career. But i guess everyone has their own expectations.

The only thing Live 2 did better was career mode. Only that was entirely lost on me since after playing one season there was no way I was putting myself through that repeatedly.

Why does everyone think that afl live 1 was the holy grail of afl games (see what I did their, one of the two songs on the game being holy grail), like if it was that good why didn't it sell more, therefore tru blu would of hired them to make another game. Afl live 2 was equally as bad but they both needed improvements. Everyone who is on here talking about how good it is please play it again with people who haven't played it and realise it is not amazing and on nearly equal ground to afl live 2. I admit I have spent heaps of hours playing afl live 1 smashing the Ai on the hardest difficulty by 150 points but it had its pros and lots of cons just like afl live 2 therefore i don't see why looking just on the game why big ant so deservingly should develop afl live 3. I would prefer them too and looking at the quality of games such as don Bradman I belive they could do somthing good but comparing games afl live 1 was nothing special.

The special part of AFL Live 1 was the player movements and tactical side to the game. As a player, you can't perfect the game playing the AI. The closest thing to real AFL we will ever get I reckon.

Please be Big Ant. Please!!!

Seriously what's wrong with you all... There is no pleasing you at all. If I was part of a development team of any group and would receive this s**t from fans I would completely cancel ALL upcoming games, why, it would becom a handful. There is no use receiving crap feedback like this.

Let me take you back. To AFL Live 1, you complained lack of career mode and no reserves teams. No wonder tru blu gave the job to wicked witch to give them a go. Then AFL Live 2 you complain about gameplay and some about graphics. Both games have their own pros and cons, that is all. THERE IS NO PLEASING ANY OF YOU. Tru Blu are giving wicked witch another chance. Why can't you all just give respect to game developers, they can't take your s**t and in the end BOTH Big ant and wicked witch will stop developing AFL games all together... Then what.

Know what, if they receive this abuse about their work, I hope they stop developing AFL games. If I was part of the development team of any company receiving this crap, I won't develop any more games in the series.

If you want to know how hard companies work to develop these games, why don't you try.

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download

Here's a free game engine that I use. Create a new hobby, create your own game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back