Possible away Final against Eagles at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, was thinking about this last year when the Dees went there for their final. I would imagine we will have a similiar scenario if we play either a qualifying final or Prelim over there. Flights, accomodation and tickets will probably cost the best part of $3-4k per person. There would be no way I could afford to take me and my 2 daughters just for 1 game, and Id imagine a lot of others would be the same. By the same takon, I dont want WCE to have 95% support and have it feel like a home game.

I was wondering,

Would it be possible to do a deal with Freo, I would quite happily get online and pay for 3 finals tickets that could be given to Freo members to go to the game and barrack against the Eagles. Maybe the club could provide free scarves and or polo's and then quite possibly we could end up with close to 50/50 crowd between the actual Tigers that can get there or are local, and the Freo ringins. You'd need to make sure somehow the tickets dont get into Eagles supporters hands so a distribution through Freo members would possibly mitigate this.

As I said I'd be happy to buy tickets, but logistical costs would probably prohibit me going, and I dont want our boys to have to go there with such a partisan crowd. Is this even possible? Maybe more so with qualifying final with 2 weeks to prepare. Would Freo fans go and support the Tiges?

What does everyone think?

Hey guys, was thinking about this last year when the Dees went there for their final. I would imagine we will have a similiar scenario if we play either a qualifying final or Prelim over there. Flights, accomodation and tickets will probably cost the best part of $3-4k per person. There would be no way I could afford to take me and my 2 daughters just for 1 game, and Id imagine a lot of others would be the same. By the same takon, I dont want WCE to have 95% support and have it feel like a home game.

I was wondering,

Would it be possible to do a deal with Freo, I would quite happily get online and pay for 3 finals tickets that could be given to Freo members to go to the game and barrack against the Eagles. Maybe the club could provide free scarves and or polo's and then quite possibly we could end up with close to 50/50 crowd between the actual Tigers that can get there or are local, and the Freo ringins. You'd need to make sure somehow the tickets dont get into Eagles supporters hands so a distribution through Freo members would possibly mitigate this.

As I said I'd be happy to buy tickets, but logistical costs would probably prohibit me going, and I dont want our boys to have to go there with such a partisan crowd. Is this even possible? Maybe more so with qualifying final with 2 weeks to prepare. Would Freo fans go and support the Tiges?

Isn’t there quite a decent tiger contingent out West? I get the feeling Richmond representation won’t be too scarce if we have to play over there.

I was wondering,

What does your shrink think? Dumbest idea I have heard in all my time on Big footy.

I was wondering,

Haha I like it. I think you'll be in the minority though. Not many will pay for others to go but great idea

I was wondering,

I was wondering,

I think this will be first ever BF post that ends up on Nuffies on AFL Pages. Congrats! I never thought I would see the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back