Possible BF sit'n'go

Remove this Banner Ad

DoubleA

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2004
Where Jack Lives.
AFL Club
Richmond
Seeing as we'll never get into the same place at one time in the 'real' world, why dont we try online. I know Falchoon Borg, r+b and myself all have PR (and thats just 4) and you can set-up private tournaments there so why dont we get one set-up for next week sometime? $5 buy-in winner take all or if we get enough paying 1-3? Surely that will give us more than enough crap to post here for at least a few days for bragging purposes and bad beat stories.

Sounds good. Some suggestions:

- one per month
- start at $5 or $10 for the time being
- alternate between NLHE, PLHE, PLOH and LOHL
- mix up blind level speeds between turbo (3), normal (12), slow (15)
- only open to those registered on BigFooty
- password protected to avoid gatecrashers
- aim for 8-10 entrants at a minimum
- no rebuys
- flat payouts (for 7-20, flat = normal, but if 21-30, flat offers a 4th place)

Do we go for scheduled or SnG?

Hmm not sure if I want to spend money on games I havent learned enough about yet, I'd rather concentrate and get 1 down first, then focus on others like Omaha, I'll admit I've dabbled with Omaha and know how to play but not really enough like you guys have been discussing here.

DoubleA said:
Hmm not sure if I want to spend money on games I havent learned enough about yet, I'd rather concentrate and get 1 down first, then focus on others like Omaha, I'll admit I've dabbled with Omaha and know how to play but not really enough like you guys have been discussing here.

Good Omaha it is :p

I like the idea. It'd have to be hold'em to start with to be fair to everyone.

Id be available for games every night bar Thursday and Friday (Although being WC month this month I might be unavailable on other nights).

Would love to have a weekly or bi-weekly thing.

Borgsta said:
I like the idea. It'd have to be hold'em to start with to be fair to everyone.

Id be available for games every night bar Thursday and Friday (Although being WC month this month I might be unavailable on other nights).

Would love to have a weekly or bi-weekly thing.
I haven't had time to play for ages but I'd be up for a Wednesday night game. Plus I'm crap so free money!

sante said:
When I start playing with 'real' cash I might join in one in the future
That is what ruined my game. I was getting good at playing freerolls and small money games until I started trying to apply good poker theory tha I'd read to crappy games and lost my swing so to speak. Now I don't have the confidence to take on higher stakes games and I don't want to ruin my game any more by playing guys who will do my head in with the most bizarre plays. :( I am willing however to take on bigfooty's finest because the potential for bragging rights and general **** stirring are worth the risk.

I'd be in favour of the rotating game - but I'd prefer Omaha 8OB to be played at Limit - as it should be - rather than Pot Limit.

But I'll play whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crosby87 said:
I'd be in favour of the rotating game - but I'd prefer Omaha 8OB to be played at Limit - as it should be - rather than Pot Limit.

But I'll play whatever.
sorry mate, of course you're right. 8OB should be limit.

sorry mate, of course you're right. 8OB should be limit

It doesn't have to be, but it's what it's generally played at. A lot of people play Pot Limit and No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, as well as No Limit Omaha. But those people are out of their minds, as those games are crazy as hell.

Also, if it becomes a weekly or bi-weekly thing, we should keep some kind of leaderboard as a sticky on the boards.

A suggestion for the first one of these. It appears that we cannot organise a tournament for play money (on Poker Room anyway), we could try to be real quick and register for the same Sit n Go, but I think the chance that a stranger will register is high. Worth a shot though. Otherwise it will have to be for real money. I suggest $5 to start with. The game will be No Limit Holdem with normal blind levels.

Suggested time: Monday June 12 @ 2100 AEST (2 hours before Japan match).

Agreed that we use Poker Room?

As Crosby suggested, we'd have a new sticky thread "BigFooty Poker Challenge". Some sample tables I made up:

Code:
[B][U]BIGFOOTY POKER CHALLENGE - MONDAY 12/06/2006 @ 2100 AEST[/U][/B]

[B]GAME       :[/B] No Limit Holdem
[B]BUY-IN     :[/B] $5 + $0.50
[B]ENTRANTS   :[/B] 10
[B]PRIZE POOL :[/B] $50.00

[B][U]PLACE  NAME            PRIZE[/U][/B]
  1st  Borgsta        $25.00
  2nd  Crosby87       $15.00
  3rd  DoubleA        $10.00
  4th  Falchoon       $ 0.00
  5th  sante
  6th  Ricketts
  7th  Mr_Smooth
  8th  red+black
  9th  OldSchool
 10th  dougthelegend

Code:
[B][U]BIGFOOTY POKER CHALLENGE - RESULTS TABLE[/U]

[U]DATE      GAME         NP  TPP  1st      2nd       3rd        4th      [/U][/B]
Mo 12/06  NLHE         10   50  Borgsta  Crosby87  DoubleA    Falchoon
21:00     $5 + $0.50            $25.00   $15.00    $10.00     $0.00

Mo 26/06  NLHE         10  100  sante    Ricketts  Mr_Smooth  red+black
21:00     $10 + $1.00           $50.00   $30.00    $20.00     $0.00

Code:
[B][U]BIGFOOTY POKER CHALLENGE - MONEY TABLE[/U]

[U]PLAYER      P  1st  2nd  3rd  4th  LHE  NLHE  PLOH  LOHL  TOTAL[/U][/B]

1. [U]sante       2    1    0    0    0    0    50     0     0     50[/U]
 2. [U]Ricketts    2    0    1    0    0    0    30     0     0     30[/U]
 3. [U]Borgsta     2    1    0    0    0    0    25     0     0     25[/U]
 4. [U]Mr_Smooth   2    0    0    1    0    0    20     0     0     20[/U]
 5. [U]Crosby87    2    0    1    0    0    0    15     0     0     15[/U]
 6. [U]DoubleA     2    0    0    1    0    0    10     0     0     10[/U]

dougthelegend said:
im all for it. might have to miss the first one though till i get the finances to deposit some money onto whatever site we're using.
whenever it is, everyone is free to watch.

So, who's up for a $5 NLHE SnG on Monday?

For those wanting to play at some stage, download the client from PokerRoom.com and deposit some money.

red+black said:
whenever it is, everyone is free to watch.

So, who's up for a $5 NLHE SnG on Monday?

For those wanting to play at some stage, download the client from PokerRoom.com and deposit some money.

Im up for Monday at 9pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back